Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis analyzes, YETI Holdings, Inc. designs, markets, retails, and distributes products for the outdoor and recreation market under the YETI brand. The company offers hard and soft coolers, as well as storage, transport, outdoor living, and associated accessories. It also provides drinkware products, such as colsters, lowballs, wine tumblers, stackable pints, tumblers, mugs, bottles, and jugs, as well as accessories comprising bottle straw caps, tumbler handles, jug mounts, and bottle slings under the Rambler brand.
Did you know? Each year the YETI company comes up with a new fake April Fool’s Day prank on social media, first introducing the YETI Casket in 2014.
The company offers YETI-branded gear products, such as hats, shirts, bottle openers, and ice substitutes. It sells its products through independent retailers, including outdoor specialty, hardware, sporting goods, and farm and ranch supply stores, as well as through Website. The company operates in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Japan. YETI Holdings, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Yeti Holdings.
Yeti Holdings At A Glance – Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis
Company: YETI Holdings
Founders: Roy Seiders | Ryan Seiders
Year of establishment: 2006
CEO: Matthew J. Reintjes
Headquarters: Austin, Texas, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 701
Ticker Symbol: YETI
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1.092 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$65.2 million
Products & Services: Vacuum-insulated stainless-steel drinkware | Soft coolers | Coolers | Drinkware | Gear
Company Website: www.yeti.com
Yeti Holdings Competitors
Competitors: Coleman and Igloo | RTIC | ORCA | Coleman | Pelican | OtterBox | RovR
Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Yeti Holdings
SWOT Analysis Of Yeti Holdings analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Yeti Holdings.
Yeti Holdings Strengths – Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis
- Reach and Distribution: YETI Holdings Inc has numerous outlets in all states with a solid distribution network that ensures that their products are readily available quickly to a wide range of customers on a regular basis.
- Cost Structure: The YETI Holdings’ cost structure allows it to produce at a lower cost and market its products at an affordable cost, which makes it more cost-effective for customers.
- dealer community: YETI Holdings Inc has established a solid relationship with its dealers . They don’t just supply the necessary supplies, but also promote its products and services and also the training.
- Financial Situation: YETI Holdings Inc has solid financial standing, with consistent profits over the past five years. It also has the accumulation of profit reserves that could be used to fund future capital expenses.
- YETI Holdings Inc has a substantial asset base that gives it a better chance of achieving liquidity.
- Return on Capital Investment: YETI Holdings Inc. has been able to earn positive returns from capital expenditures it has made for various projects over the years.
- Automation of different stages of production has led to the use of more efficiently resources, while also cutting costs. It also helps ensure the same quality of products as well as the capability to increase or decrease production in line with the market demands.
- Highly skilled labor workforce: YETI Holdings Inc has heavily invested in the training of its employees which has resulted in the employment of many talented and highly motivated employees.
- YETI Holdings Inc has a multi-faceted workforce with employees from a variety of racial, geographical and educational backgrounds. This helps the business by using different ways to do things.
- YETI Holdings Inc has qualified and certified professionals their team.
- New markets to enter The innovative YETI Holdings Inc teams have helped it develop innovative products and to enter new markets. It has proven successful in the previous years, with the majority of the initiatives it’s undertaken in the new markets it has entered.
- Social Media YETI Holdings Inc has an active profile on the social web, with more than a million followers on three of the most well-known online platforms for social media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. There is high customer engagement on these platforms and the lowest response time for customers.
- Web site: YETI Holdings Inc has an interactive and well-functioning website that attracts a huge amount of online visitors and sales.
- The Product Range: YETI Holdings Inc has an extensive product portfolio, where it offers products across various categories. It offers a variety of exclusive products that are not offered by rivals.
- The location and geography that are the basis of YETI Holdings Inc provide it with an advantage in providing its customers, compared to those of the competitors.
- YETI Holdings Inc has a solid IT system in place that guarantees effectiveness in both its internal and external operations.
- YETI Holdings Inc owns a variety in intellectual rights, which include patents and trademarks. This gives it exclusivity over its products, and ensure that competitors can’t copy or reverse engineer these.
- YETI Holdings Inc is a brand that has been on the market for many years and consumers are familiar with it. This is why its brand recognition is very high.
- Its products have been of good quality throughout the years and are still appreciated by consumers who see it to be worth the amount they spend.
- Strategic Partnerships: Strategic alliances are formed with YETI Holdings Inc. with its dealers, suppliers retailers, and other stakeholders. This lets it leverage these partnerships should it be necessary at some point in the near future.
Yeti Holdings Weaknesses – Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis
- Research and Development Although YETI Holdings Inc is spending more than the average for research and development within the field however, it’s spending lower than the few players in the market that have a distinct advantage because of their ingenuity and innovative products.
- Stock of High-Day Sales: The amount of time it takes for goods to be bought and sold is higher than the average for the industry This means the YETI Holdings Inc accumulates in inventory and adds unnecessary costs to the company.
- Rented Property: A significant portion of the property YETI Holdings Inc has is available for rental, rather than bought. It must pay substantial amounts of rent for these properties, which adds to its expenses.
- Current ratio low: The ratio, which shows the ability of the company to meet its short-term financial obligations is less than the average for the industry. This could indicate that the business could face difficulties with its liquidity in the future.
- The business has low levels of assets in its current position compared to its liabilities at present and this could cause issues with its liquidity the course of its operations.
- Cash flow issues There is a insufficient financial planning within YETI Holdings Inc regarding cash flows, resulting in situations in which there isn’t enough cash flow, which can lead to unplanned and unnecessary borrowing.
- Integration: YETI Holdings ‘ present structure and its culture has led to the demise of various mergers with the aim of vertical integration.
- Diversification of the workforce: the workforce of YETI Holdings Inc. is comprised with local workers with a small percentage of employees of other races. Insufficient diversification creates a challenge for workers of different races to make the transition to the workplace, resulting in the loss of their potential talent.
- Research on Markets: YETI Holdings Inc has not conducted any market research in the market that it served since the past two years. This means that the company is making its decisions based on two years of data that is not current, and the needs of customers may have changed in the course of time.
- Employee turnover rates are high: YETI Holdings Inc has the highest rate of employee turnover in comparison to its competition. This means it has more employees leaving the company and, as a consequence that it spends more money on training and development since employees are constantly leaving and coming back.
- Quality Control YETI Holdings Inc has less money for its Quality Control department than other competitors. This results in a inconsistent quality control and the risk of causing damaging quality at its many outlets.
- The lack of experience in legal matters and employees of the legal department aren’t highly skilled.
- Some products have a large market share, but the majority of them have a lower market share. The dependence on a handful of products can make YETI Holdings Inc vulnerable to external threats should these few products are affected from any cause.
- The load is very high for each worker because there are less workers than what is actually required. This causes workers to be under stress and psychological pressure and makes them likely to make them less productive.
- Morale of employees is lower because of the company’s policy and culture, which have increased in recent years.
- Competitors and skilled employees have left the organization in recent times, which could result in a lack of qualified talent for the business in the near future.
- The process of making decisions is heavily centralized. Decisions made from teams have to be approved by a specific set of officials. This decreases the efficiency of operations because they are more time-consuming. This also reduces creativity.
- The appraisal for performance is not conducted organized in any way. It is common for employees to not be praised by their performances. This can lead to lower morale as well as a lack of promotion opportunities for employees.
Yeti Holdings Opportunities – Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis
- Internet is a huge platform for communication and there is an rise in the number of internet users around the globe. This implies that there is an possibility to YETI Holdings Inc to expand its presence on the internet through the use of the internet to connect with their customers.
- E-commerce: There is an emerging trend and rise in sales in the e-commerce market. This means that lots of people now make purchases on the internet. YETI Holdings Inc can earn money by opening stores online and selling through these.
- Social Media: there’s been an increase in amount of users on social media across the globe. The three platforms of social media; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram have seen the most significant increase in active users per month. YETI Holdings Inc can use social media to market its products, engage with customers , and get feedback from the users.
- Technological advancements: Technology has many benefits for numerous departments. The operations can be automated to cut expenses. Technology can allow better data to be collected about customers, and enhances marketing strategies.
- There’s been an increase in household incomes, which is correlated and an increased spending by consumers after the recession. This is expected to lead to an increase in YETI Holdings Inc’s targeted market, with new customers who could be attracted to the company.
- Population: The population is growing and is expected to continue to grow in a positive manner in the coming years. This is advantageous the company YETI Holdings Inc as there is a rise in the number of possible customers it could target.
- Inflation: The rate of inflation has been very low which is predicted to stay low over the coming two years. This could be a great opportunity to YETI Holdings Inc as its costs for inputs will remain at a low level for the coming two years.
- Interest rates: Lower rates than previous years provide an chance to YETI Holdings Inc. to undertake expansion projects, which are funded by loans with a lower interest rate.
- Green government drive: This gives a chance to YETI Holdings Inc for the sale of its products to state and federal government contractors.
- Transport Industry: The transport industry has seen a boom in recent years, and has shown potential growth in the coming years. It has cut down on the cost of transport and is good the company YETI Holdings Inc as it reduces its overall expenses.
- Tax policy: The governments tax reduction can be beneficial to YETI Holdings Inc as a lower amount could be paid as a tax.
- The government also announced a grant for the purchase of eco-friendly items in this area. YETI Holdings Inc can focus on the products that are environmentally friendly and take advantage of this chance.
- Tourism: the growth of tourism can be beneficial to YETI Holdings Inc as it provides new potential customers to focus on to increase market share.
- The growth of skilled workers through training and education by a variety of institutes has increased the quantity of skilled workers available in the nation. That means that when YETI Holdings Inc is able to recruit skilled workers then it will have to cut back on development and training, thereby cutting costs.
- The rising spending of consumers in the market is likely to drive up the consumption of the products offered by YETI Holdings, Inc.
- Numerous market niches that are new have emerged which are growing. YETI Holdings Inc can sell products in these markets and profit from the advantages.
- Globalization: Globalization’s growth does not mean that it is limited to YETI Holdings Inc to its home country. It can expand its operations into other countries, and then enter to these marketplaces and taking profit of the opportunities that exist within these areas.
- Industry-wide, consumers are becoming more aware of their health and is an area which is expanding. YETI Holdings Inc can take advantage by making products that improve consumers’ health.
- Barriers to trade have been eliminated in the import of products. This reduces the cost of production equipment and inputs.
- Regulations have become more relaxed in recent times, making it easier for companies to conduct their business.
Yeti Holdings Threats – Yeti Holdings SWOT Analysis
- Technologies developed by competitors. Technological advances made from a handful of competitors in the sector can pose a threat YETI Holdings Inc as customer attracted by the new technology could be losing to competitors, which could decrease YETI Holdings Inc’s market share.
- Suppliers are able to bargain with suppliers has increased over years , despite the decline in the quantity of suppliers. That means the cost of their inputs can rise for YETI Holdings Inc.
- New entrants: There have been a variety of new players that have made their debut and are increasing market share by taking over existing companies market share. This could pose a threat for YETI Holdings Inc as it could lose customers to these new players.
- Increased competition: there is a rise in the competition within the industry which is putting pressure on prices to drop. This could mean lower profits to YETI Holdings Inc if it adjusts to the price change or loses market share in the event that it fails to.
- Exchange Rate: The exchange rate fluctuates and it affects companies such as YETI Holdings Inc., which has international sales, however the suppliers of its are local.
- The political uncertainties within the country are proven to hinder business, causing delays in performance at times, and causing businesses to incur excessive costs.
- The fluctuating rates of interest in the country don’t provide an economic and financial stability conditions.
- The tastes of consumers are evolving This makes it more difficult for companies to keep changing their products to meet the demands of their customers.
- International trade regulations are constantly evolving, which demands compliance from companies that want to conduct business internationally.
- Alternative products are growing, which poses a risk for the entire industry , as consumers of the current products reduces.
- The increase in the cost of fuel has led to an increase in the costs of inputs for YETI Holdings Inc. The costs have also increased because other industries that supply the company with its inputs have been affected by the rising fuel prices, leading to higher prices.
- Increased competition in promotions has caused a problem to YETI Holdings Incorporated. On the vast majority of media, there’s more noise than ever before, and consumers are bombarded by numerous messages. This makes it difficult to deliver effective promotions by YETI Holdings Inc.
- The constant technological advances need the employees to be updated as an inability of the workforce to keep up with these advancements could cause a losing business for YETI Holdings Inc.
Yeti SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Yeti Holdings has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.