1958 Was When the First Yamaha Motorcycle Was Sold in the United States.
The name these two companies share today has its roots in the Yamaha Organ Manufacturing Company, a joint-stock company founded in Hamamatsu, Shizuoka Prefecture by Torakusu Yamaha in 1889. Initially manufacturing Japan’s first organs, the company was reorganized as Nippon Gakki Co., Ltd.The first Yamaha motorcycle, the YA-1, was released in 1955 under the newly formed branch of the company called Yamaha Motor Company. While many motorcycle manufacturers experience missteps with their early products, Yamaha found almost immediate success with the YA-1, which began placing in major national races.
Yamaha Motors At A Glance – Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis
Company: Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd.
Founders: Genichi Kawakami
Year of establishment: 1 July 1955, Iwata, Shizuoka, Japan
CEO: Yoshihiro Hidaka
Headquarters: Iwata, Shizuoka, Japan
Employees (Dec 2020): 32,128
Ticker Symbol: YAMHF
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$16.8 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$1.2 Billion
Products & Services: Motorcycles | Commuter vehicles & scooters | Recreational vehicles | Boats | Marine engines | Snowmobiles | Small tractors | Personal watercraft | Electrically power assisted bicycles | Automobile engines | Unmanned aerial vehicles | Golf carts | Cycling components
Company Website: yamaha-motor.com
Top Yamaha Motors Competitors
Competitors: BRP | Harley-Davidson | Honda | Triumph | KTM | Bajaj | Tvs | Fender | Nissan | Royal Enfield | Suzuki | Ducati | Benelli
Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Yamaha Motors
SWOT Analysis Of Yamaha Motors analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Yamaha Motors.
Yamaha Motors Strengths – Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis 2022
1. Wide product range: Wide range of products Yamaha Motors product range includes motorized scooters, motorcycles, boats, bicycles sailing boats personal water craft, swimming pools fishing boats, utility yachts, outboard motors four-wheel ATVs, off-road recreational vehicles, go-kart engine, golf carts, multiple-purpose engine, water pumps, electrical generators and snowmobiles. They also have tiny snow blowers auto engines surface mounters, advanced machines, unmanned industrial-use helicopters, electric generators for wheelchairs, and helmets.
2. A great reputation: Based on Forbes, Yamaha is among the top 69 regarded businesses in the world due to of its outstanding efficiency over the course of time. It ranks 658 in regard to worldwide sales that exceeds 14 billion.
3. Its sound: the sound Yamaha motorcycles are loved by their squealing engine sounds that they produce when you rev up the bike’s accelerator. Actually, it is the preferred bike of motorcyclists.
4. Rigid construction: The products made by Yamaha are expected to feature an extremely solid construction and the highest quality. Yamaha is a renowned quality control team as well as an R&D team to make sure that the products that are sold on market meet the standards of performance that are expected from these products.
5. Market leader in distinct segments: Yamaha’s snowmobile as well as watercrafts and engines are regarded as world’s top performers and in these distinct areas, Yamaha has a standing similar with Honda motors, though it could be slower in the motorbike segment.
6. Sport participation: Participation in sports Yamaha has established itself well through its regular participation in motorsports particularly in automobile racing and motorcycle racing.
7. The star of BCG Matrix BCG Matrix: Yamaha might not have an enormous percentage of the world’s automotive market, but it is growing in a sector that has a lot of competition, yet the potential for the segment is enormous as well. Therefore, Yamaha is clearly a top performer on the BCG matrix when looking at the motorbike industry.
Yamaha Motors Weaknesses – SWOT Analysis Of Yamaha Motors 2022
1. Marketing and advertising: Since Yamaha is one of the top brands on the BCG Matrix, it requires to invest a huge amount in terms of Marketing and Advertising involved. But, in comparison with other brands, such as Hyundai and Hero or other brands, Yamaha does not use television as effectively even though it appears in the top magazines and is regularly seen in newspapers. There is a lot to be expected from the brand similar to Yamaha with regards to advertising.
2. Distribution: Another issue that is a problem in the developing world in which Yamaha has a presence is their distribution of the brand is not adequate. Even in India the distribution of the brand is not that great and is not in line with other popular motorcycle brands like Honda, Bajaj, Hero or any other.
3. Service: Since distribution points are smaller and the points for service are also lower. Therefore, a buyer thinks about the convenience of the service before purchasing the product, and may not buy the bike. Thus, along with sales distribution, service point distribution is also required. This is possibly one of the weakest points in this SWOT analysis of Yamaha.
4. Sales are declining: Based on this graph from Statista Yamaha’s sales Yamaha are declining year over year, and 2016 was the year in which it dropped the most.
Yamaha Motors Opportunities – Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis
1. Electric Bikes: This is a great opportunity for Yamaha is already engaged in Electric bikes, and this is a product that will be in the future. As more increasing people opt for electric cars bikes won’t be far behind, and already, the use of electric bikes has begun in several regions. The regions that are eco-conscious make electric bike compulsory due to their low carbon footprint.
2. Low-tier segment motorcycles: Yamaha’s models are sold as premium , however Yamaha should look at the lower middle and tier segments. Brands such as Volkswagen and Audi in their cars have proven that one company can satisfy all segments , even though it is doing the same thing with various brands. The same principle applies to Yamaha. Yamaha is able to focus on the mid- and low-tier segments. middle-tier segments to provide the biggest increase in its declining sales.
3. Distribution: More distribution points and service points is expected for the sake of the branding. This is a weakness that Yamaha has , and the ability to cover the weakness can be opportunity possibility to the company.
4. Expansion: Expansion into international regions and emerging markets will assist the brand to increase sales. The expansion is not only limited to motorcycles however it can be applied to the engines and other products of Yamaha.
5. Products that are brand driver: Such as Pulsar of Bajaj and Splendor or Passion for Honda, Yamaha needs products that are the driving force behind its brand. One or two products that are the primary product that is advertised by the brand and that can be a part of the market, but also to build brand trust These products have to be sold by Yamaha.
6. Rising disposable income and Emerging market: Yamaha must specifically concentrate on nations where economy is growing and there is disposable income. Markets like these will always choose bikes, and later shift to automobiles. Yamaha must cover these areas to boost overall sales.
Yamaha Motors Threats – Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis
1. The absence of advertising: We can observe, Yamaha sales are declining, that is because of an absence of marketing and the right position to promote the company’s brand. The Yamaha’s branding recall is not as high as its competitors, and this has impacted the brand’s equity, recall, and overall sales of the brand.
2. Competition: Competition in the area is extremely. There are national competitors across the world that have a significant market share. To compete with the challenge, Yamaha needs either price per capita or a strong marketing. However, at all times it is the case that competition affects both the top line and the bottom line of the business.
3. Direct competition: While everyone has one motorbike It is evident that scooters are slowly, but slowly replacing motorcycles. In the same way there are many families who have bought automobiles instead of buying only one motorcycle. The increase in indirect competition sales is also a cause for the decline in the sales for Yamaha and poses an issue for the brand.
Yamaha Motors SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Yahoo has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.