SWOT Analysis Of Yahoo analyzes, Yahoo! Inc. is one of the world’s leading Internet media companies. Using its seemingly never-ending compilation of links to other Web sites, as well as its extensive searchable database, the company helps Internet users navigate the World Wide Web. Anyone can access the Yahoo! Web site for free because it is funded not by subscriptions but by the advertisers who pay to promote products and services there. Yahoo! leads its competitors in the amount of user traffic at its site, with over
2.4 billion page views viewed through its 25 international sites in 13 languages each day. The company also offers Internet users other peripheral services, such as free e-mail accounts (Yahoo! Mail), online chat areas (Yahoo! Chat), and news tailored to each user’s demographic or geographic area (Yahoo! News).
Did you know?
Yahoo was initially called “Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web,” but, as the site grew in popularity, it was renamed Yahoo!, an acronym for “Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle.”
Yahoo was founded in January 1994 by Jerry Yang and David Filo, who were Electrical Engineering graduate students when they created a website named “Jerry and David’s Guide to the World Wide Web”. The Guide was a directory of other websites, organized in a hierarchy, as opposed to a searchable index of pages. Yahoo’s search engine is an excellent alternative to Google. Yahoo’s home page is uncluttered and full of information. With quick and easy access to your Yahoo mail right on the front page of Yahoo! it actually make sense that people still use it – especially those who still like to use yahoo.com as their start page.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Yahoo.
Yahoo At A Glance – Yahoo SWOT Analysis
Company: Yahoo! Inc.
Founders: Jerry Yang | David Filo
Year of establishment: January 1994, Sunnyvale, California, United States
CEO: Jim Lanzone
Headquarters: Sunnyvale, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 10,027
Ticker Symbol: YHOO
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$5.17 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$439 Million
Products & Services: Web portal | Search engine Yahoo Search, and related services | My Yahoo! | Yahoo Mail | Yahoo News | Yahoo Finance | Yahoo Sports and its advertising platform | Yahoo! Native
Company Website: www.yahooinc.com
Top Yahoo Competitors
Competitors: Google | Microsoft | Baidu | AOL | Yelp | Bloomberg | Yandex | Mail.ru | CNBC
Yahoo SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Yahoo
SWOT Analysis Of Yahoo analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Yahoo SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Yahoo SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Yahoo.
Yahoo Strengths – Yahoo SWOT Analysis 2023
- Yahoo is the most popular among all of users, and the majority of its revenue comes from ads on Yahoo Mail.
- Due to its huge number of mail-subscribers, yahoo is believed to be the strong marketing company
- Yahoo is famous for its web site and search engine. It also has Yahoo Finance, Yahoo Answers and yahoo mail. Yahoo also has a directory, etc.
- Its product portfolio includes yahoo messenger, yahoo mail, yahoo personals, yahoo 360, Delicious, Fickr, Yahoo Buzz, yahoo Mobile, yahoo shopping, yahoo real estate, yahoo next, yahoo boss, yahoo meme, Y! connect Etc.
Yahoo Weaknesses – SWOT Analysis Of Yahoo 2023
- Based on the Jan 2012 data according to a study, the Yahoo’s percent of the market for search engines is just 6%.
- Google is currently holding 83 percent market share. The closest rivals are Baidu which has the identical 6% market share and Bing has 4% of the search engine
- Yahoo is losing market share in mail services slowly due to Google’s dominant position in the search engine market , and its has a product portfolio that is similar to the services offered by search engines.
- News, mail services shopping, financial information as well as business directories are offered by numerous other organizations such as MSN, CNN and e-bay. They also provide Money control and many more.
- The company’s financial health is not as positive for investors. The company’s assets as regards tangible and tangible assets are at a low point.
- Google as the most popular service provider on the internet, is making money from ads
- The majority of the products offered by Yahoo are not well-known within the online space
Yahoo Opportunities – Yahoo SWOT Analysis
- Yahoo Directory is by far the most authentic and structured business directory. Any customized enhancement for its users in this manner will result in more revenue flowing to the business
- The number of users who use mobile devices continues to grow in emerging nations. The development of Yahoo! Mobile Wap services will increase the market share
- Advertising on the internet and social media is now an essential component of all commodities
- Yahoo is a great option for the combination of it services and social networks such as Flickr and Facebook,
- It could be focused upon the diversification of businesses in the Internet space
Yahoo Threats – Yahoo SWOT Analysis
- The most significant threat to any service provider worldwide on the internet is the increasing competition in the local market particularly China
- Another important threat is the handling of cultural issues when traveling to markets in foreign countries.
- The presence of Yahoo in search engine is declining fast due to Google’s strong position
- The number of competitions is growing with the introduction of the latest developments on the internet by young entrepreneurs.
- The market for advertising that was once controlled by Yahoo is slowly being taken over by social media sites such as Facebook, Myspace etc.
Yahoo SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Yahoo has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.