The history of Xerox begins in 1906 with a small photography paper business in Rochester, New York. The Haloid Company, as it was called back then, was sold to a Rochester businessman named Gilbert E. Mosher for a modest $50,000. While Mosher became president, he left the day-to-day affairs to the company’s founders. In the 1970s, it created two-sided copying and the first laser printers. The following decade, it rolled out dual-beam laser printing, which paved the way for high-speed printing. The photocopier became so successful, “Xerox” became a verb — like “Google,” “Scotch Tape,” “Jet Ski,” and “FedEx.”
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Xerox.
Xerox At A Glance – Xerox SWOT Analysis
Company: Xerox Holdings Corporation
Founders: Joseph C. Wilson | Chester Carlson
Year of establishment: 18 April 1906, Rochester, New York, United States
CEO: John Visentin
Headquarters: Norwalk, Connecticut, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 24,700
Ticker Symbol: XRX
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$7 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$192 Million
Products & Services: Office printers | Production printers & digital presses | Multi-function printers | Wide format printers | Projectors | Scanners copiers | Office equipment
Company Website: www.xerox.com
Top Xerox Competitors
Xerox SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Xerox
SWOT Analysis Of Xerox analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Xerox SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Xerox SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Xerox.
Xerox Strengths – Xerox SWOT Analysis 2021
1. The leading market position within document Technology: Xerox established the managed print services (MPS) market in the year 2000 and continues as the market leading company for the last several years. A strong market position provides Xerox to have operational strength so that its top line, and the cash flows keep increasing.
2. A hefty product portfolio within document Technology: Xerox has introduced a variety of products in the document Technology segment. It is constantly introducing new products and services to its portfolio, which helps it gain an edge over competitors. Leadership in the field of Document Technology has enabled Xerox to invest more money in its outsourcing of business processes and IT outsourcing companies.
3. Revenue model for annuities Xerox employs an annuity-based model for generating revenues that drive an ongoing flow of cash for the business. Around 85% of the company’s revenue were annuity-based, which gives security for the company and solid cash flow.
4. The HTML0 has a strong Brand Recall and Identity: Xerox has been known as a synonym for printing and photocopying, which shows how Xerox has taken over the market and developed an solid brand image and recall of its brand.
5. Concentrate upon the development of new technologies: The major reason behind Xerox to keep its market position is its commitment to R&D and innovation in order to expand and enhance its existing product range and increase the applications the products.
Xerox Weaknesses – Xerox SWOT Analysis 2021
1. Overdependence on older market: Xerox generates significant revenues through mature markets within the US and Europe. A high dependence on certain markets puts the company at risk of fluctuations in the both the political and economic circumstances of these markets.
2. Declining revenues: Xerox has faced declining revenues in the past due to increased competition particularly in the market for Document Technology. Revenue for FY2015 declined by more than 7%, which indicates worry that the firm is in trouble.
Xerox Opportunities – Xerox SWOT Analysis 2021
1. A positive future for digital printing In the last few years, the worldwide printing market has seen a significant increase and is projected to expand by 7 percent in the next three years. The Digital portfolio of the company is placed to benefit from the growth of the market for digital printing.
2. A strong growth in the MPS marketplace: Managed print service market anticipated to expand at a rate of 14.8 percent until 2024. The North American market is expected to lead in demands and Xerox has been well established in North America, can certainly anticipate to profit from the growing market.
3. The global healthcare BPO market is growing: The global healthcare BPO market is anticipated to grow at a rate of 10% through 2021. Xerox offers a range of healthcare-related services via its BPO and therefore is likely to gain from the rising demand.
4. Acquisitions that are strategic: Xerox has strategized its acquisitions over the last few years to expand its geographic reach and decrease the competition. For example, Xerox acquired Ventiv Patient Access Solutions Health Company in the hope of expanding its offering in pharmacy services.
Xerox Threats – Xerox SWOT Analysis 2021
1. Growing acceptance of paperless workflows: the Document Technology is under threat due to the growing popularity of workflows that are paperless. With the advent of smartphones and mobile devices the emphasis on creating workflows that are paper-free has grown and poses an issue for the industry of Document Technology.
2. Intense Competition: There is intense competition in the industry in which Xerox operates as it is largely dependent on technological advancements. Xerox competes against companies such as TeleTech, IBM and Genpact as well as Genpact. in the services sector along with Canon, JP and Konica Minolta and others. in the in the Document Technology segment. Competition is intense, which causes price pressures and , consequently, the profitability is diminished.
Xerox SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Xerox has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.