Urban Decay SWOT Analysis Analyzes, Urban Decay is a make-up business that offers a variety of shades in the world of cosmetics. The products are sold all over the world and can be bought at stores such as Sephora, Ulta and Macys. Urban Decay is currently that largest privately owned cosmetics brand across the United States and also has one of the biggest web presences for any cosmetics brand on the web.
Did You Know?
In the ’90s, an Urban Decay super-fan painted her car in the same shade as one of their nail polishes.
Started in 1996 from co-founder Wende Zomnir’s Laguna Beach bungalow, the brand has come a long way — now a global makeup brand owned by L’Oréal. Started as a reaction to the “safe” color-scape at the makeup counters, they became known as a rebellious colorful riot.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Urban Decay Cosmetics.
Urban Decay Cosmetics At A Glance
Founders: Sandy Lerner | Wende Zomnir | David Soward | Patricia L. Holmes
Year of establishment: 1996
CEO: Tim Warner
Headquarters: Newport Beach, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 425
Ticker Symbol: LLC
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$363.9Million
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$2.17 Million
Products & Services: Lip, eye, complexion and body products | Vegan Makeup | Virtual Services | Makeup setting spray | Eyeshadow palettes | Highlighting fluid | Perfume oil
Company Website: www.urbandecay.com
Top Urban Decay Cosmetics Competitors
Competitors: MARS Cosmetics | MAC Cosmetics | NYX Cosmetics | IT Cosmetics | Too Faced | Tarte Cosmetics | Amazing Cosmetics | Anastasia Beverly Hills | Blinc
Urban Decay SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Urban Decay Cosmetics
SWOT Analysis Of Urban Decay Cosmetics analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Urban Decay SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Urban Decay SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Urban Decay Cosmetics.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Strengths – Urban Decay SWOT Analysis
- Urban Decay is still making edgy products that provide alternatives to conventional pinks, reds and beiges. These products provide high-quality make-up in a wide variety of products. According to Beautypedia reviews from Paula’s Choice Skincare, almost every category that the brand makes has a workable option. The edgy colors set Urban Decay apart from other companies, and the products last. Urban Decay is most notable for their colorful eye shadows, highly recommendable brow products, and their make-up brushes.
- The business has a strong history of innovation, and is one of the controlling players in the US Urban Decay A Great Idea market, due to its strong brand name. Like P&G, the business has actually not totally focused on the development of Urban Decay A Great Idea case analysis. One of the strengths of the company is that the company formulates its strategies after having a thorough analysis and by determining its profitability.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Weaknesses – Urban Decay SWOT Analysis
- Despite Urban Decay’s success in these areas, there are a few categories where they fall short of expectations. Their multiple mascaras are not on par with their other eye products.
- The foundation shades are limited and there is a surprising lack of lipsticks. Even Beautypedia commented that a few of their lip-glosses were somewhat disappointing. Also, the products that were created to help make-up last longer do not help very much at all. Though this brand is not the most expensive make-up line, drugstore options now offer a broad spectrum of products that are still cheaper.
- Among the weak points of K-C is that the business does not have any existence in the Japanese market, which decreases the expansion benefit in addition to the international existence of the business.
- Another weak point of the business is that the company entered into the Urban Decay A Great Idea market after P&G’s entrance, which t is why the company does not have the very first mover benefit. The major causes leading to K-C’s low focus on the worldwide market is because of the truth that it’s whole focus is diverted towards the incontinence items as well as on initiating specific gender non reusable Urban Decay A Great Idea, to take on P&G’s His and Her non reusable Urban Decay A Great Idea.
- The business is using old methods in the process of producing its Urban Decay A Great Idea. However, the rivals of the company have actually created new techniques of manufacturing Urban Decay A Great Idea, which are thought about to be cost effective and help the business in cutting their overhead cost.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Opportunities – Urban Decay SWOT Analysis
- With growing support from make-up professionals and beauty bloggers Urban Decay has become a popular name in the beauty community. They have a large celebrity following along with magazines and website reinforcement. It is becoming more and more acceptable to spend greater amounts of money on beauty products. Urban Decay is one cosmetic company that is cruelty free and creates vegan beauty products.
- Advertising can help the business to enhance its sales and success by spreading awareness amongst the customers concerning the brand-new functions of the product being introduced by the business. The business has a chance to use an advanced technology in the production of Urban Decay A Great Idea, which might result in the decrease of per-unit cost leading the business to be able to sell its Urban Decay A Great Idea at a lower cost to the rate sensitive customers. Additionally, the company has a chance to focus on the modification of its Urban Decay A Great Idea by environmental and providing advanced friendly functions in the items.
Urban Decay Cosmetics Threats – Urban Decay SWOT Analysis
- The change in federal government policies regarding Urban Decay A Great Idea production is considered to be one of the biggest hazards for the business. By having a fast change in technology, the new developments in the market might increase the success of the company.
- On the other hand, fluctuations in today’s economy may deter consumers from spending larger amounts of money on beauty products. Especially when drugstore options are much cheaper than higher-end make-up brands. The bright colors that gave Urban Decay their edge are now available across more and more brands of make-up providers.
This is the SWOT report that Urban Decay Cosmetics has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.