It all started in 1952 when our founder, Nathan Swartz, bought a half-interest in the Abington Shoe Company. He worked his way up from an apprenticeship after immigrating to the United States and eventually bought out his partner and welcomed his sons into the business. The global popularity of Timberland’s Original Yellow Boot “is largely because the Black community adopted and helped establish Timberland as a fashion staple,” says the Timberland brand. “It’s a great source of pride for us.”
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Timberland.
Timberland At A Glance – Timberland SWOT Analysis
Company: VF Corporation
Founders: Nathan Swartz
Year of establishment: 1952, Boston, Massachusetts, United States
CEO: Jeff Swartz
Headquarters: Stratham, New Hampshire, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 3,402
Ticker Symbol: TSBK
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1.9 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$320.3 Million
Products & Services: Clothes | Watches | Glasses | Sunglasses | Leather goods
Company Website: www.timberland.com
Top Timberland Competitors
Competitors: Converse | Dr Martens | Wolverine Worldwide | The Floor | Nike |
Timberland SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Timberland
SWOT Analysis Of Timberland analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Timberland SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Timberland SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Timberland.
Timberland Strengths – Timberland SWOT Analysis
1. Strong business presence: Timberland has strong retail presence in the USA, Canada, and the UK. Timberland is known for its many flagship stores, which have helped it to survive and are now present all over the world.
2. Participation in CSR Activities: The company believes in environmental preservation, and is actively involved with CSR activities. This is a major strength for the company, as it increases its brand awareness.
3. Technology: The Company uses scientific technology in the production of leather goods. These leather goods are durable and can withstand harsh weather conditions.
4. The brand is constantly working to expand its brand portfolio: Through various product line. The brand’s main goal is to be a complete lifestyle brand that excites people. The top-selling products are women’s boots, boat shoes and the yellow boot .
5. Strong marketing: The company is well-known for its advertising skills, and has enjoyed a lot more visibility.
6. Timberland’s strong brand: Timberland’s strong brand and recognition is a testament to its brand value . This is an essential factor for survival in the retail sector. Timberland is recognized as a brand that promotes outdoor activities and work in the marketplace.
Timberland Weaknesses – Timberland SWOT Analysis
1. The struggle to expand: This brand is struggling to expand its operations worldwide. This is a serious weakness for the brand, as it will have less visibility.
2. Limited business areas: Timberland relies on sales overseas in a small number of countries like Europe and Asia. This has led to a lower rate of business growth. International sales revenue becomes less.
3. Timberland’s products have a slightly higher price: This is a weakness for the company as customers might prefer to buy a similar product at other retailers.
4. Acquisition: The Company was recently merged into VF Corporation. This means that VF Corporation will make changes to its brand, making it more difficult to improve the brand image.
Timberland Opportunities – Timberland SWOT Analysis
1. Timberland can expand its retail operations in new areas: Timberland has the ability to expand its retail operations into new markets, other than the USA and UK. This will give the company a new opportunity to expand its reach into other countries.
2. Sponsor many Events: Timberland has the ability to sponsor many outdoor activities outside of the USA in order to increase brand visibility.
3. Monitor the price; The Company has the ability to monitor the raw material prices used in its products. This will allow the company to monitor production and make it more efficient. This will allow Timberland to lower the cost of its product and make it more flexible.
Timberland Threats – Timberland SWOT Analysis
1. Timberland faces stiff competition from other brands: This is a serious threat because its competition comes from well-established international brands such as Nike. This company is facing stiff competition from international and domestic brands.
2. The price of the brand: Given the current economic situation, prices for the company could prove difficult to reach. This could impact the company’s revenue generation.
3. Similar products: The brand is under threat from other brands who produce similar products. The company must produce innovative products in order to compete with its competitors.
Timberland SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Timberland has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.