SWOT Analysis Of Axis Bank analyzes, Axis Bank is the third-largest private sector bank in India. The international offices focus on Corporate Lending, Trade Finance, Syndication, Investment Banking, and Liability Businesses. Axis Bank is one of the first new-generation private sector banks to have begun operations in 1994. It sells financial services to large and mid-size companies, SMEs and retail businesses. As of 30 June 2016, 30.81% of shares are owned by the promoters and the promoter group.
Did you know?
Axis Bank is one of the first new generation private sector banks to have begun operations in 1994.
The first branch of Axis Bank was inaugurated on 2 April 1994 in Ahmedabad by Manmohan Singh, then finance minister of India. In 2001 UTI Bank agreed to merge with Global Trust Bank, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) withheld approval and the merger did not take place. Axis Bank has achieved consistent growth and stable asset quality with a 5 year CAGR (2009-13) 37% in Net Profit with a balance sheet size of Rs. The Bank has a network of 2225 branches and extension counters and 11796 ATMs and 7 International countries.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Axis Bank.
Axis Bank At A Glance – Axis Bank SWOT Analysis
Company: Axis Bank Limited
Founders: Amitabh Chaudhry
Year of establishment: 3 December 1993, Ahmedabad
CEO: Amitabh Chaudhry
Employees (Dec 2020): 78,300
Ticker Symbol: AXISBANK
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$11 Billion [INR₹80,847 crores]
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$960 Million [INR₹7,252 crores]
Products & Services: Credit cards | Consumer banking | Commercial banking | Finance and insurance | Investment banking | Mortgage loans | Private banking | Private equity | Wealth management
Company Website: www.axisbank.com
Top Axis Bank Competitors
Competitors: ICICI Bank | HDFC Bank | Tata Bank | United Overseas Bank | IDBI Bank | Canara Bank | Bandhan Bank | IndusInd Bank | Bank of Baroda | Punjab National Bank | Kotak Mahindra | State Bank of India
Axis Bank SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Axis Bank
SWOT Analysis Of HDFC Bank analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With HDFC Bank SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about HDFC Bank SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of HDFC Bank.
Axis Bank Strengths – Axis Bank SWOT Analysisc 2022
- Axis Bank has been awarded the status of one of the three top positions with regard to the fastest growth for private sector banks
- Financial Express has been awarded the number two, and BT-KPMG given the AXIS banking as the most reputable bank with 26 factors
- The bank’s network consists of 1,493 branches across the country and 8,324 ATMs
- The bank is present in 971 towns and cities.
- The financial position of banks increase by 20% per year, which is an excellent signal for any bank.
- The net income of the company in Q3FY12 1,102.27 which is an rise of 25.19 percent compared to 2011.
Axis Bank Weaknesses – Axis Bank SWOT Analysis
- Gaps – They are mostly were concentrated on wholesale, corporate banking and treasury services. retail banking.
- Foreign branches comprise just 8% of the total assets.
- The bank has recently begun making a shift to rural and personal banking.
- The share rate of AXIS bank are constantly fluctuating with higher margins that put investors uncomfortable all the time.
- There are many Financial product shortcomings in terms performance and reaching out to customers.
- There are a variety of fraudulent activities that are associated with credit cards since banks approve credit card applications without verification of the original documents.
- The financial experts they employ are not knowledgeable enough to guide customers to the best investments.
- Service to customers needs to be improved substantially to keep pace with other big players.
Axis Bank Opportunities – SWOT Analysis Of Axis Bank 2022
- The year 2009 saw the launch of an Alliance was formed with Motilal Oswal for online trading with 10 million customers.
- In 2010, it was acquired Enam Securities Pvt Ltd – broking and investment banking.
- In September 2009, SEBI has approved Axis Asset Management Co. to manage mutual funds.
- No. of transactions via electronic means increased between 0.7 million to about 2 million.
- Expanding geographically into the rural marketplace – 80 percent of them do not have access to formal loan.
- 46% use informal lending channels.
- 24% of unregulated money lenders are not regulated.
- The number of branches has is increased to 1493 from 339 branches.
- In the last quarter, there were 48 branches that were opened all over the Nation.
- Because it’s a modern banking system, there are plenty of possibilities to benefit from the latest technology in banking solutions as relative to major players that are already in place.
- The assets they have in the company’s overseas activities are increasing at a rapid speed, and at a rate of 9.9%.
- The idea of ETM (Everywhere teller machine) by AXIS Bank had a good response , in terms of attracting new customers to its personal banking.
Axis Bank Threats – Axis Bank SWOT Analysis
- In 2009 alone, RBI has increased CRR by 100 basis points.
- Repo rate increased reverse repo rates by 50 percent. 11 times the rate of late.
- Growing the popularity QIPs due to their ease of fundraising.
- RBI permitted international banks to make investments as much as 74% into Indian banking.
- The government programs are usually handled by government banks such as SBI Indian Banks Punjab National Bank etc.
- ICICI, as well as HDFCC and ICICI, are posing significant threats to their growth in customer base through its active strategy of marketing.
SWOT Analysis Of Axis Bank Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Axis Bank has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.