Did you know? Snickers bars were named after a horse. Frank Mars was the creator of the Snickers candy bar and founder of Mars, Inc., originally called Mar-O-Bar Co. It was named after one of Frank Mars’ favorite horses.
Snickers is the most popular chocolate candy in the country, with more than 400 million units of the less than 3.5 oz variety sold in the 52 week period ending March 18. … It is also the world’s most popular candy bar, according to the company.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct an SWOT analysis by Snickers.
Snickers At A Glance – Snickers SWOT Analysis
Company: Mars Inc.
Founder: Frank Mars
Year of establishment: 1930
CEO: Grant F. Reid
Headquarters: McLean, Virginia, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 419
Ticker Symbol: HSY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$8.0 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$8.0 Million
Products & Services: Snickers salad | Snickers pie | Snickers Nougat | Snickers Curly Wurly
Company Website: marschocolate.com
Competitors: Cadbury’s 5 Star | Mars | Bar One | Bounty | Dunkin Donuts
Snickers SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Snickers analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Snickers SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Snickers SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Snickers.
Snickers Strengths – Snickers SWOT Analysis
1. A Brand Name That is Strong: Snickers has held its value as a brand over the years. The name itself is sufficient to draw attention to and doesn’t require any products introduction.
2. Efficient Distribution: The distribution and sales distributor network is efficient enough to ensure that the needed inventories are maintained throughout all the points of sale.
3. Attractive packaging: The iconic brown-colored packaging featuring Snickers with the words in capital letters is crucial to keeping the brand’s image in the minds of consumers. brand within consumers’ minds.
4. Great taste: The distinct flavor of caramel, peanuts and milk chocolate are another feature of Snickers that helps keep customers loyal to the brand.
5. The sponsor of important major events all over the world: Snickers has been an official major sponsor at major events around the globe, such as the Olympics 1984, FIFA World Cup in the 90s, and more. This has assisted the brand in creating Snickers as a well-known brand name across the globe.
6. Unique Selling Proposition: Unlike the other bars of chocolate, Snickers have been able to make itself an item that can be eaten to satisfy hunger. This makes the product unique in the minds of consumers.
7. Nutrition: Because of its marketing and the contents of the snickers bars, the bar is believed as a nutritious product, especially for bodybuilders and those who exercise.
Snickers Weaknesses – Snickers SWOT Analysis
1. Considered as Unhealthy snack: The bar is loaded with calories that are a problem of our modern day health-conscious society. It was thought to be one of the unhealthy desserts because of the high-calorie quantity it has.
2. Limited Portfolio: The brand is very limited in its portfolio of products which puts the brand at a high risk in the current volatile marketplace.
Snickers Opportunities – Snickers SWOT Analysis
1. Exploring new markets: Though this brand has been accessible in more than 40 countries, there’s an immense potential for further expansion over the remaining 100 countries.
2. Organized distribution in cities that are growing: They are able to focus on needs of the product in the smaller cities. They can also provide an well-organized distribution channel that is available at small and large retail stores depending on the need.
3. Strive for more varieties and gift packages: They must look for greater variety and more innovative chocolate products. Additionally, due to increasing demand in the gifting industry, the gifting aspect must to be addressed to expand market share, part of market.
Snickers Threats – Snickers SWOT Analysis
1. Strong competition: There are formidable competitors such as Cadbury, Nestle and many more that are available in the business. They are all creating a challenge that requires an ongoing development in marketing, products and their execution.
2. New Generation is more health-conscious: Being an extremely calorific product and a healthy population, they would never opt for such a product. It is essential to develop an answer to this issue in the shortest time possible.
3. Ever increasing labour costs: This is a regular issue for any manufacturing company. The cost of labour is increasing rapidly which must be monitored regularly.
This is the SWOT report that Hershey has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.