Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis analyzes, Since 1904, Rolls Royce was the first to establish the luxury car . Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited manufactures and sells luxury automobiles as well as spares for automobiles around the world. Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited was established in 1998 as a fully owned subsidiary of BMW. This was after BMW received the copyright to use the Rolls-Royce logo and brand name.
Did you know? Rolls Royce was only selling chassis and motor and not the whole body until 1946.
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Limited produces and customizes their vehicles at their London manufacturing facility since 2003. Rolls-Royce Motors Cars Limited is the exclusive manufacturer of Rolls-Royce motor cars. This has been in effect since 2003. In 2016, the company registered gross Sales of 41 million Euros.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Rolls-Royce.
Rolls-Royce At A Glance – Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis
Company: Rolls-Royce Ltd. | BMW Group(Parent Company)
Founders: Henry Royce | Harles Rolls
Year of establishment: 15 March 1906, Manchester, United Kingdom
CEO: Warren East
Headquarters: London, United Kingdom
Employees (Dec 2020): 50,000
Ticker Symbol: RYCEY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): EURO€11.7 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): EURO€1.32 billion
Products & Services: Automobiles | Commercial Vehicles | Financial Services | Automobile Repair
Company Website: www.rolls-royce.com
Competitors: Bentley Motors | Audi | Jaguar | Land Rover Limited | Mercedes-Benz | Lexus | Porsche | Tesla | Aston Martin | Ferrari | BMW
Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Rolls-Royce
SWOT Analysis Of Rolls-Royce analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Rolls-Royce.
Rolls-Royce Strengths – Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis
1. Image: Rolls Royce cars are synonymous with luxury and performance. The brand’s brand image has allowed them to charge more for their cars.
2. Technical support from the parent firm: Rolls Royce cars receive technical support from their parent company, which has been researching technology for many years and has refined it over time. Their greatest strength is their association with the parent company.
3. Better Quality: Rolls Royce Cars has mastered the art of luxury car design and interior design. The engine and chassis are of superior quality, as well as the build quality.
4. Luxury Variants: Popular in premium car segments are the Rolls Royce brand variants like Phantom, Phantom Drophead Coupe (convertible), Phantom Coupe (coupe), and Ghost.
5. Skilled workforce: Rolls Royce employs people who are skilled in their fields.
6. Global presence: Rolls Royce is present in more than 50 countries around the globe and their customers are spread over 180 countries.
Rolls-Royce Weaknesses – Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis
1. Status Symbol: Rolls Royce is a luxury brand that people associate with dignity and high status. Rolls Royce is seen as a luxury vehicle for the wealthy and therefore unaffordable to lower classes.
2. Evolutionary design: Rolls Royce cars are clones of one model. Rolls Royce customers choose Rolls Royce cars because of its standard styling and design.
3. Exorbitant Prices: Rolls Royce Cars can be expensive and not affordable for many customers. This allows the company to target niche segments and cater to a smaller clientele.
4. Reliance on repeat purchases: Rolls Royce cars target a select group of customers. They rely on customer loyalty and repeat business to make their revenue.
Rolls-Royce Opportunities – Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis
1. Self-driven cars: Technology is growing in the automotive industry. This opens up a new market for luxury cars such as Rolls Royce. New age technologies such as IOT, machine learning and data connectivity are being integrated by companies. This will result in a new breed of brands that incorporate these technologies. This is an enormous opportunity for luxury cars.
2. More attention to automation: Automobile companies are doing a lot of research on self-driving cars. Luxury car companies have a better chance of capturing the automation opportunity than regular car companies.
3. Increasing customer spending: There is no shortage of money today, and there has been an increase in dual-income families. This gives customers more money to choose the best transportation option.
4. Customization: Customers will pay a price to get the car they want. Rolls Royce has the opportunity to tap into this growing demand for customized cars.
5. Low-cost, green and hybrid cars: This increased emphasis on hybrid and green vehicles could be a huge opportunity for established brands like Rolls Royce and higher-end vehicle manufacturers.
Rolls-Royce Threats – Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis
1. The focus on sustainability: There are serious concerns about sustainable transport options, as the current vehicle system does not consider the environment. But sustainable vehicles can be expensive.
2. More competition Rolls Royce is facing competition from brands such as BMW, Mercedes Benz , Audi and Lamborghini.
3. Rising costs: Both raw material and fuel costs are increasing. It is also expensive to research future vehicle options.
Rolls-Royce SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Rolls-Royce has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.