Price Chopper SWOT Analysis Analyzes, Price Chopper Supermarkets, a subsidiary of The Golub Corporation is a regional grocery store chain that has 130+ stores in New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Pennsylvania. Price Chopper has 20,000 teammates and teammates own 51% of the company’s privately held stock.
Did You Know?
The Golub Corporation owns and operates 135 Price Chopper and Market 32 grocery stores across six states in the northeast.
Price Chopper, based in Schenectady and founded in 1932 by the Golub family, has 130 stores across the Northeast and 18,000 employees. In New York, the stores are located through central New York, the Albany area and the Hudson Valley. The company’s stores were originally known as Public Service Market, then Central Market, before switching to the Price Chopper name in the early 1970s.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Price Chopper.
Price Chopper At A Glance – Price Chopper SWOT Analysis
Company: The Golub Corporation
Founders: Eric Bowles
Year of establishment: 1932, Schenectady, New York, United States
CEO: Scott Grimmett
Headquarters: Schenectady, New York, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 18,000
Ticker Symbol: GBDC
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$3.5 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$25.30 Million
Products & Services: Food and other related retail goods | Bakery | Dairy (Gozy’s home) | Deli | Frozen foods | Floral | General grocery | Meat | Pharmacy | Sushi | Produce | Seafood | Snacks | Liquor
Company Website: www.pricechopper.com
Top Price Chopper Competitors
Competitors: Wegmans | Migros Ticaret | Southeastern Grocers | Brookshire | TOPS Markets | King Kullen Grocery Co | Key Food Stores Co-operative | Hannaford | Shaw’s | Stop & Shop | Publix Super Markets | ABC Fine Wine & Spirits | Acme Fresh Market | Fred Meyer | The Fresh Market |
Price Chopper SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Price Chopper
SWOT Analysis Of Price Chopper analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Price Chopper SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Price Chopper SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of the Price Chopper.
Price Chopper Strengths – Price Chopper SWOT Analysis
- Well-known brand: About 80+ years old.
- Credible distribution: More than 100 stores across the country.
- Aggressive expansion strategy: Company has acquired many stores from chains like Giant Value, P&C food markets, etc.
- Company is involve in various green and energy-saving initiatives like generation of power through natural gas fuel cell, this increases brand loyalty.
Price Chopper Weaknesses – Price Chopper SWOT Analysis
- Competitive market means low brand loyalty and less revenues.
- Small business units compared to big players.
- Advertising and marketing exercises are restricted.
Price Chopper Opportunities – Price Chopper SWOT Analysis
- New products and services can be launch to cater new segment.
- Growth rates and profitability.
- Company can enter into new markets globally to increase its customer base.
Price Chopper Threats – Price Chopper SWOT Analysis
- Rising cost of raw materials.
- Government regulations and unexpected problems.
- Financial capacity and price changes.
This is the SWOT report that Price Chopper has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.