Did you know? The film ‘The Devil Wears Prada’ is a tell-all film based on a novel telling an assistant’s experience working for Vogue editor-in-chief Anna Wintour. Despite the comedy-drama’s tongue-in-cheek depiction of a powerful magazine editor with often disparaging demands and an exhausting schedule, Wintour did not respond negatively to the movie. In fact, she famously attended the special premier in New York – wearing Prada!
The Prada is one of the leading organizations in its industry. Prada maintains its dominant position in market by critically analyzing and reviewing the SWOT analysis. SWOT analysis an immensely interactive process and requires effective coordination among various departments within the company such as – marketing, finance, operations, management information systems and strategic planning.
It’s not just an important company in the fashion industry but also a source of innovative concepts. With a wealth of strengths, Prada is renowned for its distinctive designs, innovative advertising strategies and commercial diversification and high-quality. It is considered to be an iconic fashion brand in the more organized manner.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Prada.
Prada At A Glance – Prada SWOT Analysis
Company: Prada S.p.A.
Founders: Mario Prada
Year of establishment: 1913, Milan, Italy
CEO: Patrizio Bertelli
Headquarters: Milan, Italy
Employees (Dec 2020): 14,200
Ticker Symbol: PRDSY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): EURO2.39 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): EURO54.37 Million
Products & Services: Leather goods | Handbags | Footwear | Apparel | Accessories | Eyewear | Fragrances
Company Website: www.prada.com
Competitors: Hermes | Armani | Gucci | Burberry | CHANEL | Jimmy Choo
Prada SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis Of Prada analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Prada SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Prada SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Prada.
Prada Strengths – Prada SWOT Analysis
1. Distribution and Reach of the Products: Prada has a variety of outlets across a variety of locations. The company is backed by a robust distribution network , which ensures that the products will be accessible to a huge number of customers at a quick pace. This is the primary selling point of the brand and the fact that it is accessible across a large region keeps the brand on top.
2. Feasible Cost: The low-cost model that the brand uses allows the business to make the product with a minimal cost. The brand also offers its products at a reasonable and affordable cost, which makes it feasible for consumers to buy.
3. Dealer Connect: Prada enjoys a positive relations with dealers in the operations. operation. It has a positive connection with them throughout the entire manufacturing and selling of its products. The dealer is a link with the brand and the dealer’s products but also focuses on promoting products of the company. If the brand concentrates on the items sold by dealers will result in greater sales for the business.
4. Financial Position: The company is in a solid financial standing and has been able to maintain a healthy profit in the last five years. The company also has an accumulation of profit assets that could be used to finance other capital expenses. This is the primary advantage of the brand and having a strong financial position will allow the business to move ahead. Additionally, it has a huge portfolio of assets that can provide greater solvency.
5. Return on Investments: The company has been able get good returns from its investments from a variety of projects which have been in operation for several years. Because its business operations spread over several countries, and has brand-name outlets spread across several locations across the globe It earns a decent return on its sales.
6. Automation Process: One of the strengths that this company has is its automated nature of its production processes. Because of this, it has helped in efficient utilization of resources and has led to cost-effective operations. Additionally, it has put in greater care and consistency in its quality of its products and allows it of increasing or decreasing production in line with demand of the market demands. This is why production is in a rapid pace, where the amount of items produced daily is higher than enough to meet demand of the market.
7. Excellent Labor Force: Another strength that the company has is their impressive workforce and the investment in employee education. This has led to the brand having a lot of professionally trained and motivated employees. The company also has employees that are diverse. employees have diverse ethnic, racial and educational backgrounds. These allow the company to bring new ideas and strategies to tackle a wide range of issues. The company employs many certified and experienced professionals working for them. The employees all work towards an end goal that is common to all.
8. New Markets: The innovation and quality of the product originate from its teams of innovators and a variety of innovative products have entered market. The brand has been able to enter new markets since the brand’s inception. The company has achieved success over the last few years with its projects that it has concentrated on entering into new markets.
9. Strong Social Media Presence: The company has a solid presence on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. It has millions of users on these platforms. Additionally, it has an impressive level of interaction on these platforms, and has a very low time to respond from users.
10. Technology-oriented: Apart from the numerous stores across the world, Prada also has a web site that is well-designed and promotes online sales too. It has a great and engaging website that attracts plenty of visitors and sales. This leads to a significant amount of sales made through the channel and, in turn, increases its profits and sales.
11. Vast Product Portfolio: The brand has a wide portfolio collection, and makes products across a wide spectrum of categories. Being a premium fashion company, Prada specializes in many items like handbags, accessories for travel and shoes, perfumes clothes, fashion accessories such as watches, and more. Its primary strength is its ability providing exclusive products that aren’t made by its rivals.
12. Well-established Fashion Brands: Prada is a fashion brand in the apparel and accessories business. It is a luxury brand that concentrates on numerous products such as bags, travel accessories and shoes, perfumes and fashion accessories, clothing watches, and more.
13. Prada’s Store Location: The main advantage of Prada is the geographical location and the geography in its retail stores. It is located in the correct place and is easily spotted. It offers the best price to its clients when contrasted with other businesses.
14. Many Intellectual Property Rights: The brand holds numerous intellectual property rights, including trademarks, patents as well as trademarks. This is an advantage of the brand and it allows it to have exclusive rights to use its trademarks on products. This means that rivals would be unable to replicate their brand.
15. Brand Awareness: Prada has been on the market for quite a while and the majority of consumers are aware of the brand. This is why Prada’s recognition of the brand is very high, which leads to higher sales.
Prada’s Weaknesses – Prada SWOT Analysis
1. Less Investment in Research and Development: While Prada invests a bit of funds on research as well as development however, the amount spent is much less than its rivals in the market. Its rivals have an enormous advantage due to offering a variety of innovative products. This is a huge disadvantage for the brand.
2. Sales Inventory: Since Prada is a company with an automatic production process, a lot of items are created in very little time. It takes quite a bit of time for all of the products to be offered for sale before creating new versions. Thus, it will take the time to stock up on unnecessary items that could add up to an unneeded business expense.
3. Rented Places: A lot of the properties Prada has are rented and is not owned by the company. Therefore, it will be able to charge a significant rental fee, which would increase the cost of its business to a great extent. This is a weak point for the brand due to rents fluctuating which could affect the profits.
4. Cash Flow Issues: There is a lack of adequate financial plan for the brand in regards to cash flow. This leads to some situations where there isn’t enough cash flow in the required amount and could lead to excessive borrowing of funds.
5. Workforce Diversification: There is a significant diversification of the Prada workforce. It’s diverse with a variety of kinds of jobs and more local workers. There are many people from other areas. In the absence of diversity within workplaces, this is difficult for workers from different backgrounds to adapt to a new workplace and this causes them to struggle to display their talents.
6. Integration: Prada has been through a number of mergers but it has been unsuccessful. Its present structure as well as the culture of the brand has led to a slowdown in numerous mergers. This is a major problem for the brand since it impedes its growth.
Prada’s Opportunities – Prada SWOT Analysis
1. Internet: Every business has experienced an exponential growth in the world of the web and the world does see a large number of internet users. This means that Prada could see an enormous chance to expand the size of its web presence. The business must have an marketing plan that is in place to boost its online presence and gain more leads.
2. Getting into Social Media Platforms: The digital age is bringing increasing users on social media platforms, including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. These platforms are attracting increasing numbers of users, and they appear to be growing each day. The company can take advantage the social platforms available to boost their value as a brand in terms of product promotion, interactions with customers and gather feedback from their customers.
3. New Customers: There’s been an increase in the household’s average income and spending habits too. This should lead to more opportunities for Prada’s growth, with new customers wanting to buy their products.
4. Skilled Workers: There is always a rise in the quality of education offered by various institutions and the training. This has led to an increase in the amount of skilled workers which is why, Prada can hire professional laborers to produce high-quality products. That means that the business has to reduce the amount of time and money on training staff since they could directly bring people who have been trained into the fold, thus reducing cost of training for the company.
5. Increase in Niche Market: Numerous emerging specialties are gaining momentum and this has opened up many opportunities for Prada to promote their products. Prada is able to expand its sales channels in these markets and also take benefit of this.
6. Globalization: Since there is a rise of globalization this does not restrict the business to just its own country. It is able to expand its operations to numerous different countries. This means it is able to expand into new markets and take advantage of opportunities to the fullest extent.
Prada’s Threats – Prada SWOT Analysis
1. Competitors: Prada is aware of a variety of competition in its market. Additionally, competitors are more advanced in their technological advances. The majority of competitors in the field pose an issue as consumers be drawn to new products and services. This would result in an increase in its market share.
2. Supplies: The supply of materials has increased in the past, but there is a reduction in the suppliers Prada uses. This means that the price of components could increase for Prada.
3. New Entrants: There are many companies who have been introduced to the market in this field. New players have increased market share which poses risky for the brand because it can be losing customers.
Prada SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Prada has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.