Did you know? In 1999, Pizza Hut wanted to advertise by using a laser to have its logo appear on the moon. However, they have to drop the idea after learning that the logo had to be as big as Texas to be visible from Earth. Had they gone through with it, the giant laser would’ve cost them millions of dollars.
Pizza Hut At A Glance – Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis
Founders: Dan Carney | Frank Carney
Year of establishment: 15 June 1958, Wichita, Kansas, United States
CEO: Aaron Powell
Headquarters: Plano, Texas, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 300,000
Ticker Symbol: YUM
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1.8 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$334 million
Products & Services: Pizzas | Hand-tossed pizzas | Pan Pizzas | BBQ pizzas | DIY gluten free pizzas | Garlic breads | Breadsticks | Cheese sticks | Cold and hot beverages
Company Website: www.yum.com
Pizza Hut Competitors
Competitors: KFC | McDonald’s | Dominos | Subway | Johns Pizza | Smokin Joes Pizza | Taco Bell | Burger King
Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Pizza Hut
SWOT Analysis Of Pizza Hut analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut Strengths – Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis
- Pizza hut has a premium position in the mind of the customer because it was the first entrant to launch the Indian pizza franchise.
- Pizza hut’s promotions and brand equity are better than competitors.
- The range of pizza and pasta is outstanding and Pizza hut delivers on its promise to have an excellent Italian meal.
- The food is of good quality and so is the atmosphere in every restaurant at Pizza Hut. Pizza hut also gets decent margins due to its higher costs, thereby giving Pizza hut an excellent sustainability advantage.
- The brand has an excellent presence online and offline with Pizza hut delivery giving home delivery and Pizza hut also having an online ordering system for its pizza.
- Pizza Hut specializes in making pizzas.
- Pizza Hut has no competitors for pizza and they face very little market competition.
- Pizza Hut has a wide variety of Pizza.
- They also have their own outlets and stores in every country.
- It is a location perfect for family dining
- Pizza is reasonably priced.
- Pizza Hut is giving good offers.
- Compared to most fast food businesses, Pizza Hut provides its own full-service restaurant and delivery facilities.
- Compared to other fast food restaurants, Pizza Hut has a large share of the market and has a strong network.
- There is also a powerful commercial for Pizza Hut, and several media help to attract customers.
- It will come up with more pizza flavors every few months or seasons and that will draw more clients to try the newest one.
- Robust networking of franchisees
Pizza Hut Weaknesses – Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis
- Pizza Hut is not available in Remote Area company should concentrate on Pizza Delivery in such locations to generate more revenue.
- Another downside of the Pizza hut is that after years and new studies of consumers have shown that consumers are not happy with the same old pizza flavors and there is more demand in a broader variety of pizzas, the flavors of their pizzas is there. So it is important to continue inventing the pizza hut.
- Customer support does not satisfy client needs
- Food is not fresh enough
- It is appropriate to wait very long to be served, even wait to be seated or requested by the client.
- Often the food does not meet the standards of the visitor,
- Lack of novelty
- Among the franchisees, internal factors
- The menu is confusing since not only pizzas, but other items are available.
- There are Charge for pizza hut delivery, but other competitors do not have
- Pizza Hut is struggling with higher overhead rates, while other rivals do not have to contend with them.
Pizza Hut Opportunities – Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis
- Further extension of the product selection is the greatest option for the pizza hut.
- Opening of New Malls can be a great opportunity for Pizza Hut.
- New Variants according to local taste can be a great opportunity to attract customers.
- Free Delivery Option can create a good opportunity for the company to reach masses and remote locations.
- Increasing Competition can also increase the demand of the Pizza.
- More Promotions on Social Media can help the company to grow.
- Various tastes and various crust sizes should be produced by Pizza Hut
- Production of new Food will lift their market share
- Pizza hut will concentrate on eastern taste because western taste is more focused on
Pizza Hut Threats – Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis
- In comparison to pizza or Italian cuisine, Dominos is a single significant challenge to the pizza hut. Dominos does not have a high-quality pizza as compared to Pizza Hut, but Dominos is present in most locations where there is no pizza hut.
- The vast choices of cuisines that a consumer has accessible today through different food franchisees are another threat.
- McDonald KFC and others are indirect rivals who frequently carry clients from the Pizza hut.
- A decrease in pizza intake may also be caused by growing health interest and individuals becoming more health conscious.
- Pizza hut market share can be influenced by independent restaurants are offering pizza at lower prices.
- To live and prosper in a competitive food franchisee setting like India, Pizza Hut needs to be on its toes.
- Ever Changing Taste of Customers can also be a threat to Pizza Hut.
- Government Norms and Policies can directly affect the Pizza Hut.
Pizza Hut SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Pizza Hut has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.