SWOT Analysis Of Marvel Entertainment analyzes, Marvel Entertainment, Inc. engages in the licensing, publishing, toy making, and film production businesses with a proprietary library of approximately 5,000 characters. Its library of characters include Spider-Man, Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, Thor, Ghost Rider, The Fantastic Four, X-Men, Blade, Daredevil, The Punisher, Namor, Nick Fury, The Avengers, Silver Surfer, and Ant-Man. The company operates in four segments: Licensing, Publishing, Toys, and Film Production.
Did you know?
Marvel was not allowed to use werewolves in their comics.
The company began to diversify in the 1990s, as it sought to reap full value from its stable of enduring and beloved superheroes through licensing arrangements and other media outlets. Marvel was founded in the late 1930s by Martin Goodman, a New York publisher of pulp magazines. The Marvel Cinematic Universe, perhaps the most successful franchise of all time, strikes the right balance by (1) selecting for experienced inexperience, (2) leveraging a stable core, (3) continually challenging the formula, and (4) cultivating customers’ curiosity.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment At A Glance – Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis
Company: Marvel Entertainment, LLC
Founders: Avi Arad | Toy Biz
Year of establishment: 2 June 1998, New York, New York, United States
CEO: Ike Perlmutter
Headquarters: New York, New York, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 1786
Ticker Symbol: MRV
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$366.1Million
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US22.93 Billion [Marvel movies Box-office Collection Worldwide]
Products & Services: Movies | Superhero movies | Books | Comics | Podcasts | Video games | Webcasts | TV shows | Toy business
Company Website: www.marvel.com
Top Marvel Entertainment Competitors
Competitors: Valiant Entertainment | DC Comics | Dark Horse Comics | BOOM! Studios | Ankama | comiXology | Diamond Comic | Walden Media | Universal Arts
Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Marvel Entertainment
SWOT Analysis Of Marvel Entertainment analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Entertainment Strengths – Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis
- Marvel entertainment is a geographically diverse business, operating successfully domestically and internationally. The company runs a diversified business model mainly %rom its three divisions of publishing, licensing, and film production, with a library a library of over 5000 characters.
- Marvel entertainment’s success rests on the strength [and marketability] of its characters, with several of their characters becoming household names. For example, Spider-Man becoming one of the most popular, most recognized of the Marvel characters, and there is a Hulk, Iron Man, Captain America, and X-Men just to name a few. All this could be attributed to the aggressive merchandising, marketing, and movies, The name Marvel has become synonymous with superheroes and comics, which makes it most recognizable.
Marvel Entertainment Weaknesses – Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis
- Marvel’s main focus appears to be on the comics and cartoons. That in itself can be seen as a weakness because of limiting their market. Along with that Marvel is targeting a certain audience, mainly boys in their tweens and teens. This will leave them too dependent on that specific market for success, which will depend on how the target market responds and their attachment to the product. This will give the control to the target market. Secondly, throughout their existence Marvel has tried to classify themselves and find where they belong with means they have not found their niche market.
Marvel Entertainment Opportunities – Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis
- Some of Marvel Entertainment’s opportunities come from a 5year Master Toy license agreement with Hasbro Inc. Hasbro is a well-known American multinational toy and Board Game Company and one of the largest toymakers in the world. This license agreement will bring major profits and high-class interaction to brand name toys.
Marvel Entertainment Threats – Marvel Entertainment SWOT Analysis
- Marvel Comics and DC Comics have an ongoing competition with each other. It started in the early 20th century. Both of them phenomenal cartoon characters playing in movies and printed inside colorful comic books. Also, they are working hard at reaching a larger and more diverse 21th century consumer market.
Marvel SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Marvel Entertainment has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.