This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Marriott.
Marriott At A Glance – Marriott SWOT Analysis
Company: Marriott International, Inc.
Founders: J. Willard Marriott | Alice Marriott
Year of establishment: 20 May 1927, Washington, D.C., United States
CEO: Anthony Capuano
Headquarters: Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 121,000
Ticker Symbol: MAR
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$10.57 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$545 Million
Products & Services: Accommodation | Dining | Spa | Fitness center facilities | Hosts venue for events, meetings, and weddings
Company Website: www.marriott.com
Top Marriott Competitors
Competitors: Hilton Worldwide | Hyatt Hotels | Intercontinental Hotels | Millennium & Copthorne | Four Seasons Hotels | IHG – InterContinental Hotels Group | Wyndham Worldwide Corporation | Choice Hotels International | Accor Hotel | Starwood Hotels and Resorts | Taj Hotels
Marriott SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Marriott
SWOT Analysis Of Marriott analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Marriott SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Marriott SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Marriott.
Marriott Strengths – Marriott SWOT Analysis
1. Marriott’s way: The biggest strength of the hotel chain is their strict adhesion to the operational rules. The code of conduct for employees was designed specifically by the top management team and each employee is required to follow it up to the very last point. Many of these guidelines are based on being resourceful.
2. Global presence: Marriott International has an presence in more than 122 locations across the globe and has over around 600 locations under the umbrella, with 1.2 million rooms.
3. The focus is upon the concept of innovation: Marriott’s operational philosophy is focused on innovation, and the majority of its procedures and systems are designed to incorporate innovation and commitment to guarantee complete satisfaction for the money.
4. Drive to get the competitive edge: Research indicates that Marriott is among the brands that is most competitive in business , and is trying to keep reinventing itself in order to stay ahead of competitors.
5. Positive energy: Marriott’s run to the top was an extremely difficult task, and they’ve been constantly scared by their failure. However, Marriott did not seem to be frightened by the failures and managed to have a positive outlook that is one of their key strengths.
Marriott Weaknesses – Marriott SWOT Analysis
1. Focus too much upon expansion: Marriott has been in a frenzied expansion process and now their empire is so vast that it’s impossible to sustain the same standards of service across the board and the brand’s image is diminished.
2. The over-emphasis on standardization of services: Marriott is a system driven business , and every employee is given a list of rules for what they undertake. A strict adherence to the rules have lowered morale of employees.
3. Marriott’s Controversies: Marriott’s image is constantly shattered by debates. The most recent is the blocking of the personal wi-fi network of customers who have expressed concerns about privacy. This negative publicity puts the brand in a bad image.
4. Concentrate on Family: Marriott has and will remain a family-owned business, according to the company’s founder. The company is said to be strongly grounded in the family principles and therefore is unable to change.
Marriott Opportunities – Marriott SWOT Analysis
1. The change in consumer behavior: People all over the world are more inclined to stay in luxurious hotels, even with their family members. This is a trend that has seen a rapid increase in the developing world – the kind of opportunity hotels cannot afford to overlook.
2. Unexplored industry: Marriott was recently featured in the press for its steadfast support of the LGBTQ community, as well as their exclusive deals for couples who are same-sex. With these trending issues this could be an chance to the chain hotel.
3. The rise of global travelers: Comparatively to the last 10 years the number of travelers travelling for work as well as pleasure has significantly increased. Through connections ups with airlines, hotel chains can capitalize on this potential to their advantage.
4. Concentrate on personalization: Today customers want personalized attention, and most of the instances, they’re ready to spend money for this. This means that hotels can be charged a fee for each individual service they offer.
Marriott Threats – Marriott SWOT Analysis
1. Competition: The company faces many challenges from companies like Hilton, Novotel etc. who are always looking to be top of the line.
2. Economy economic recession: The world recession affected the hospitality industry in a negative way and a lot of properties are on the market because they’re unable to make a profit.
3. Risk of terrorist attacks: Properties with a star rating around the globe are at an enormous risk from terrorist organizations since they make easily targets to attacks. This kind of occasions typically deter visitors from staying at these upscale hotels.
Marriott SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Marriott has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.