1. The HUL backing: Unilever has proven leadership in the international industry of ice cream. It also has Heart brand Ice creams such as Cornetto, Magnum, Ben & Jerry’s, Solero, Carte d’Or and Breyers. The company has a long-standing presence in the ice cream industry worldwide and recorded annual sales in the range of $15.08 billion in in 2016.
2. The vast array of products: Kwality Walls has an ice cream that caters to the needs of its customers. While Cornetto and Feast appeal to young adults and teens with a variety of rich flavors, including butterscotch and chocolate, Paddle Pop is an ice cream dessert that is geared to children through the use of vibrant colors and a connection with cartoons. The brand also offers a variant called Creamy Delight, which is aimed at a the family-friendly crowd for those who enjoy fresh fruit flavors.
3. Positioning: HUL has been cautious in arranging all of the variations in Kwality Walls to ensure that it is attractive to certain segments. For instance, they have placed the position for the Paddle Pop, which is advertised as a treat rather than as a snack. A snack is something healthy that provides an health benefit A treat fulfills an emotional desire.
4. Price: Kwality Walls has had success in covering different pricing points, with Paddle Pop priced at between Rs 5 and 10. The Cornetto Ice Creams are priced at a mid-price point between Rs 20 and 30. The take-home range is priced between Rs 160 to 200. This implies that the brand offers wide coverage at all prices.
5. The presence of HTML0 in the health sector: Kwality Walls launched its first version within the health sector with the selection range that is packed with around 99 calories per 80 milliliters. HUL, the parent company, has extensive experience in the category of health food and devotes almost 40% of their research budget on this area which indicates their focus in this sector. The present concentration on Kwality Walls is on low fat, sugar-free and lactose-free and low-carb ice-creams that are high in nutrients such as calcium and fruit.
Kwality Walls Weaknesses – Kwality Walls SWOT Analysis
1. Concentrate on metros only: HUL believes that 70% of its sales are generated by metros and cities and hence concentrate on them in relation the Kwality Walls. But, competitors such as Mother Dairy or Vadilal as along with Amul are present across India. This can impact the sales volume of the company.
2. Images of multinational business: Kwality Walls has the appearance of a multinational business, whereas its closest competitors such as Amul and Vadilal are desi-influenced, both of which are Indian companies. This impacts the market for Kwality Walls because customers prefer Indian Ice Cream since they believe in Indian companies more.
3. Legal battles: After the Indian government introduced a law that requires ice creams contain the milk ingredient, any products that contain other ingredients such as refined oil or vanaspathi, they should be classified as desserts frozen. This has resulted in legal disputes with HUL Amul and HUL Amul who compete in this category, and has led to both accusing the other of being a liar.
Kwality Walls Opportunities – Kwality Walls SWOT Analysis
1. A growing demand for ice creams that are healthy: There has been an rise in the demand for ice creams that are healthy, which is driven by the need to be healthy. Current trends include low-fat, sugar-free, lactose-free as well as low-carb ice-creams that contain nutrients such as calcium and fruit. Kwality Walls has a lot of attention on these industries.
2. Consumer preferences are changing: Aspects like influence of western culture, a growing appetite for snacking, a greater spending habits and eating out have led to a rise in demands for frozen desserts,
Kwality Walls Threats – Kwality Walls SWOT Analysis
1. Contest: Some of the major competitors to Kwality Walls are Vadilal Ice Creams, Amul and Mother Dairy.
Kwality Walls SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Kwality Walls has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.