Did You Know?
In the mid-sixties, NASA launched a series of spacecrafts to photograph the moon’s surface in preparation for the Apollo landing. Each carried an ingenious photographic system, designed and built by Kodak.
Kodak starts with the Eastman Dry Plate Company, where owner George Eastman created single-shot sheets of paper covered in photographic emulsion. … In 1889, Eastman combined all of these ideas to invent the first mass-produced rolls of transparent photographic film.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Kodak.
Kodak At A Glance – Kodak SWOT Analysis
Company: The Eastman Kodak Company
Founders: George Eastman | Henry A. Strong
Year of establishment: 1888, Rochester, New York, United States
CEO: Jim Continenza
Headquarters: Rochester, New York, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 4,500
Ticker Symbol: KODK
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$395 Million
Products & Services: Batteries, Chargers and Flashlights | Camera Accessories | Digital Cameras and Instant Print Cameras | Eyeglass Lenses | Inkjet Paper and Specialty Media | Inkjet Printers and Inks | Mobile Phones | Wide Format Inkjet Media
Company Website: www.kodak.com
Top Kodak Competitors
Kodak SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Kodak
SWOT Analysis Of Kodak analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Kodak SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Kodak SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Kodak.
Kodak Strengths – Kodak SWOT Analysis
1. The most renowned company: Kodak is one of the most trusted and known brands in the world of cameras since its beginning. Eastman Kodak is a technology company that is focused on image.
2. The HTML0 portfolio of products Portfolio: It has options that span from personal use , to industrial usage which spans different industries . This is the reason why Kodak so effective in different sectors.
3. Technological development: It’s been always acknowledged for its technological innovations that has shifted from image sensing technology to digital imaging, and they are constantly working on new technology. They’ve been working hard to improve their digital offerings to ensure their position on the marketplace.
4. Socially responsible corporation : Kodak is environmentally and socially responsible. Kodak is also a part of the reduction in greenhouse gas and emissions. Through the years Kodak’s work has been acknowledged and rewarded by numerous environmental agencies and organizations. They were awarded the title of “Energy Star Partner of the Year” by the Environmental Protection Agency. Additionally, Kodak contributes to numerous communities and social groups.
Kodak Weaknesses – Kodak SWOT Analysis
1. Virtual Store While there exist numerous online shopping websites that sell the items of this business, Kodak did not implement and did not integrate their website to allow their products to be sold on their own virtual store.
2. Inattention: Due to its slow transfer of analog data to digital optical and imaging technology has suffered a massive losses in terms of declining percentage of market. Also, Kodak was struggling with marketing myopia in their consumer inkjet market that they noticed only recently in 2012, but by the end of 2012, it was too late and resulted in a huge losses.
Kodak Opportunities – Kodak SWOT Analysis
1. Technology adaption: Technology shift and easy transfer to platforms that will transform the business is crucial, which they realized and are developing their own smartphones that feature amazing imaging technology.
2. Changing life: With the global rise of mobile telephony, it’s becoming necessary that the bulk of the population to own a mobile. While the principal stream of technological advancements in optical image technology are now becoming commercially viable, for personal use individuals are switching to mobile phones, which are light and convenient.
3. Expanding their products: Although it offers a wide range of products, they must be involved in the mobile phone industry extensively since this is the sector that is the most formidable challenger to that industry of digital image.
4. Concentrating on emerging marketplaces: Focusing in emerging markets will transform the financial position of the company.
5. Strategic Alliances: Though Kodak have been able to establish alliances with various industries since the beginning of its existence, but they have to join all of their operations and outsource their systems and processes in order to manage costs and improve the profit. Speed is also essential in cutting time for manufacturing and development of products. design.
Kodak Threats – Kodak SWOT Analysis
1. Competitors: Intense competition from international and national players poses the biggest threat to the survival of Kodak. The market shares of Kodak have decreased gradually over time due to competition from industry players price wars, negative branding because of Apple’s lawsuit over patents, and unsteady management.
2. Substitute products: The advancement of technologies and the increasing acceptance of technology for smartphones,, people are getting more comfortable with smartphones with high-quality camera phones and are finding it useful to have smartphones with excellent camera quality , and an additional device to record the occasions .
3. Power of the buyer: With little to no costs for switching businesses are finding it difficult to keep their customers, while in the Kodak’s case, Kodak this is because of the low acceptance of their products, and aggressive branding by competitors.
Kodak SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Kodak has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.