SWOT Analysis Of iPhone analyzes, Since 2007, Apple has adapted and changed the design of the iPhone a number of times, ditching the metal design for a plastic one with the iPhone 3G and 3GS, before moving to glass for the iPhone 4. It was back to metal with the iPhone 5, before glass made its comeback for the iPhone 8 models, iPhone X and the iPhone XS models. In 2020 we now have iPhones with 5G, upgraded cameras and much more besides.
Did you know? Apple Sells Over 200 Million iPhones Each Year.
Steve Jobs was a charismatic pioneer of the personal computer era. With Steve Wozniak, Jobs founded Apple Inc. in 1976 and transformed the company into a world leader in telecommunications. Widely considered a visionary and a genius, he oversaw the launch of such revolutionary products as the iPod and the iPhone.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by iPhone.
iPhone At A Glance – iPhone SWOT Analysis
Company: Apple Inc.
Founders: Steve Jobs | Steve Wozniak | Ronald Wayne
Year of establishment: 1 April 1976, Los Altos, California, United States
CEO: Tim Cook
Headquarters: Cupertino, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 36,786
Ticker Symbol: AAPL
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$274.52 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$55.25 Billion
Products & Services: iPhone | Mac | iPad | Wearables | Accessories
Company Website: www.apple.com
Top iPhone Competitors
iPhone SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of iPhone
SWOT Analysis Of iPhone analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With iPhone SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about iPhone SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of iPhone.
iPhone Strengths – iPhone SWOT Analysis
1. The brand equity: Apple is among the most renowned companies in the world in terms of branding equity. Since the days of Macintosh computing devices, Apple is known to be a company with a promise.
2. Tag of innovation Tag of innovation: Apart from the brand’s equity, the label of innovation has been utilized by Apple. Starting with iPod through iPhone as well as iPad, Apple has been the source of many technological breakthroughs.
3. Loyalty of the consumer: A Apple loyal customer can proudly declare to all the world that he’s an Apple fan. Apple’s Brand loyalty of the Apple iPhone can be compared to Harley Davidson brand loyalists. Like those HOGS are known as extremely passionate Harley fans, so is iPhone owners. iPhone owners.
4. Fantastic program and operating system: The IOS that is the operating system used by Apple iPhone is a respected mobile platform due to its speed and flexibility. User interfaces are amazing when you first use an iPhone you are enticed to its simplicity of use.
5. Wide support for developers / control for the users: Google play arrived long after it was launched by the Apple developers network. Before Google play as well as android was even launched, Apple had lakhs of applications and games developed through their developer networks. Additionally, the Apple Developer Community is among the largest online communities to date.
6. Consistency in design: Consistency in design iPhone has been able to deliver every time because of its design fidelity. Apple iPhone are very much identical in terms of appearance and in terms of design, there are not many modifications. It is the features in the device which Apple iPhone sells.
iPhone Weaknesses – iPhone SWOT Analysis
1. Pricey: With this branding power, you’re likely to be in the A grade market in its own. However, even so the Apple iPhone is more expensive compared to Samsung phone that have similar features.
2. Limitations on phone: There are unnecessary limitations on the Apple iPhone straight out of the box. There isn’t Bluetooth and expandable memory is absent, and there is a not removable. For a price that is so high, phone, you would are expecting more features from the phone.
3. There’s no variation: The Apple iPhone design is very constant, which is an advantage feature. But , at the same there is a huge number of people who constantly change their phones. They don’t have the options that they’ve come to expect to get from Apple iPhone. This could be the reason why people switch to other brands. The range of features and options available are extensive in Samsung. Samsung.
4. There are no Steve jobs anymore: A lot of Apple supporters were a fervent Steve jobs fans. In the absence of Steve jobs, Apple has lost some of its charm.
iPhone Opportunities – iPhone SWOT Analysis
1. Potential market for smart phones: Smart phones are everywhere today as they are a huge market will not decrease in size. Therefore, the huge customer base is available to be tapped by an established brand such as Apple.
2. The constant technological innovation: Technology advancements continue to be advanced. Apple has been delivering successes every decade, and even every five years. Therefore, consumers have begun to expect higher quality and unique items from a firm like Apple. Products that are technologically advanced may propel the company to more advanced levels.
3. More dependence on digitization: The population is getting more and more obsessed with apps and the internet. In fact, today almost no one is without having a smartphone. As the population becomes more digitalized and the power of spending is increasing among users, smart phones such as iPhone are expected to see a surge in the market.
4. Geographical expansion: Up to now, iPhone has been selling its products only in urban regions. However, there will be a point at which Apple iPhone will look towards geographical expansion. The possibilities will increase for iPhone since there’s an abundance of market waiting to be served by iPhone.
5. Accessories: The market for accessories will never end. And the more accessories from companies Apple produces, the higher earnings they can earn from repeat customers. Because accessories are generally able to provide excellent margins.
iPhone Threats – iPhone SWOT Analysis
1. Android: The biggest risk against Apple iPhone is the Android operating system. Google has gained a lot of attention thanks to it’s mobile-based operating system, and Android is expected to grow even more since it is open to everyone.
2. Samsung: Samsung danger to Apple iPhone can be Samsung with its huge collection of mobile phones available in various shapes and sizes. Samsung has really demonstrated to the world the potential of Android phones and added android OS to cameras too. This makes Samsung is the most powerful rival to Apple iPhone.
3. Insanity: In the last several years, as mentioned previously, Apple has not brought any brand new product on the market, and consumers are waiting for Apple to launch new and innovative products. This absence in innovative products could pose a threat to those who are fans of the Apple iPhone.
4. Risk of the brand Apple losing its shine: Without any new innovation in the recent years and with no Steve Jobs in the picture in the last few years, there is a possibility that the name Apple could lose its brand’s credibility over a long time. If Apple introduces a single new product in the next few years, then the value of its brand will rise. But to keep the credibility of its brand, Apple has to keep shining, or else it’ll fade away.
iPhone SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that iPhone has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.