SWOT Analysis Of IKEA analyzes, IKEA is one of the best-known and most successful home furniture companies in the world. This Swedish company also sells a wide range of home accessories and interior design items. They are famous for their modern designs, eco-friendly products, low prices, and flat-pack furniture.
Did you know?
Each year, there are more copies of the IKEA catalog printed than the Bible.
IKEA was founded by Ingvar Kamprad in 1953 and came to life as a mail order catalogue business in the forested town of Älmhult, Sweden. Today, it’s a global home furnishing brand that brings affordability, design and comfort to people all over the world.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct an SWOT analysis by IKEA.
IKEA At A Glance – IKEA SWOT Analysis
Company: INGKA Holding B.V.
Founders: Ingvar Kamprad
Year of establishment: 28 July 1943, Älmhult, Sweden
CEO: Jesper Brodin
Headquarters: Delft, Netherlands
Employees (Dec 2020): 225,000
Ticker Symbol: IKEA stock doesn’t have a symbol because they’re a privately owned company.
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): EURO25.6 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): EURO€1.19 Billion
Products & Services: Ready-to-assemble furniture | Kitchen appliances and home accessories | Among other goods and home services.
Company Website: www.ikea.com
Top IKEA Competitors
IKEA SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of IKEA
SWOT Analysis Of IKEA analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With IKEA SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about IKEA SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of IKEA.
IKEA Strengths – IKEA SWOT Analysis
- The greatest strength IKEA can boast of is their clear and precise vision that is to provide value to customers regardless of market conditions. This has resulted in an unambiguous and well-planned business strategy as well as an approach to retailing which is unique in its simplicity and awe-inspiring in its battle against competitors and efficient in its position.
- Another major advantage of IKEA is its clear concept that leads to various products which can be built by customers themselves, which results in massive cost savings that are transferred to customers. With its sole focus on cost control, IKEA has emerged as the largest retailer in the world of furniture.
- IKEA evaluates its strengths by using the metrics offered by the KPIs, also known as the Key Performance Indicators, which include the increased utilization of renewable resources and smarter utilization of materials that are raw, developing and maintaining long-term relationships with suppliers , and using the efficiencies and synergies derived from benefits of economies of scale.
IKEA Weaknesses – IKEA SWOT Analysis
- Because IKEA is present in a variety of nations around the globe and is on a global number of people and a huge business , making it difficult to monitor standards across all locations. While the company is doing to ensure uniformity in its range of products and across its stores, replicable and scalable quality control is the biggest weakness.
- With its zealous attention to cost control Quality can be a bit of an ostrich particularly in the current environment when the cost of various inputs and raw materials have risen and has affected the profits of the business. One thing to keep in mind here is that it’s sometimes challenging to maintain high standards in the face of growing costs and the necessity to maintain standards across different locations around the world.
- There are environmental concerns regarding IKEA’s activities and the company has a lot of work to do in communicating their environmental guidelines to shareholders, customers and other customers and other.
IKEA Opportunities – IKEA SWOT Analysis
- Thanks to it’s “green” business model, the company stands a great chance of attracting customers who want to buy these products. The rising popularity of the ethical consumer or the buying process is known as “Ethical Chic” which means that consumers would prefer to purchase items that are eco-friendly could be a great opportunity to be discovered by the business.
- One of the greatest opportunities the company can take advantage of is cost-leadership, which is the sole concentration on cost at the expense all other aspects. While this has raised questions regarding quality, customers seem to not be concerned as they’re getting value for money, and the value added to customers is a major chance.
- Another opportunity is IKEA’s expansion into emerging markets as well as the emerging world where there is a huge customer base that could be utilized to generate profit. IKEA is already drafting plans to penetrate markets like China or India with a clear plan of cost-leadership, which is expected to bring positive results for the business.
IKEA Threats – IKEA SWOT Analysis
- The low-cost business model of IKEA has been copied and imitated by rivals. This means the company must to continuously innovate to remain ahead of rivals. In particular, many local and regional businesses have jumped on the DIY trend, and are focusing on costs, and staying flexible and agile, IKEA has to come up with fresher strategies.
- With the rise online and the online shopping experience DIY as a major factor in achieving successful strategy is not the primary USP and Unique Selling Proposition for IKEA and the emergence of online retailers that offer even lower prices since they don’t have a physical presence , it is clear that they are catching the IKEA’s heels.
IKEA SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that IKEA has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.