Hummer SWOT Analysis analyzes, Hummer’s return as an electric truck and SUV fits perfectly into the larger history of the brand and the machine: It has played many different roles over the decades, at home and overseas. From replacing a large variety of military vehicles at the start of the 1980s, through the H3’s debut on a midsize truck platform, Hummer vehicles have always seemed to find a niche, no matter the era. The Hummer brand’s latest transformation, now under GM, opens a new era for the American icon that has been with us for the better part of the past four decades.
Did you know? Hummers were created under the permission granted by the United States armed forces.
Hummer wasn’t meant for a civilian life, but it was coming to America’s streets anyway and would become the most awe-inspiring—and the most controversial—SUV ever made. Its ecological sins would ultimately lead to its demise, but a major automotive revolution would resurrect it as something else entirely.
Hummer At A Glance – Hummer SWOT Analysis
Company: General Motors
Founders: AM General Motors
Year of establishment: 1992
CEO: James E. Taylor
Headquarters: Detroit, Michigan, U.S.
Employees (Dec 2020): 3,000
Ticker Symbol: GM
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): –
Profit net income (Dec 2020): –
Products & Services: Automobiles | Commercial Vehicles | Automobile Repair
Company Website: www.gmc.com
Competitors: Jeep Wrangler | Nissan Frontier | Nissan Xterra | Toyota 4Runner | Toyota Tacoma
Hummer SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Hummer
SWOT Analysis Of Hummer analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Hummer SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Hummer SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Hummer.
Hummer Strengths – Hummer SWOT Analysis
- Proven innovation in the design of special-purpose vehicles.
- Ownership by a parent company, ameliorating cash-flow concerns and facilitating long-term capital investment.
- Strong public perception as the provider of an important military vehicle.
- Public perception of the Hummer as a product that evokes off-road-orientation, machismo, and high status.
- A continuing anchor customer in the US military.
- A small but growing consumer market.
- Strong brand image and top of the mind brand name.
- Iconic design which is synonymous with its name.
- Name stands for adventure which easily communicates its utility.
- Known for durability across all terrain.
- A very successful military vehicle which has been used to mount a 50 mm caliber gun as well.
Hummer Weaknesses – Hummer SWOT Analysis
- A historical focus on the government as a customer, which may introduce cultural attitudes and procedures incompatible with other markets.
- A high unit price for current products, most likely reflecting costly features to meet military specifications.
- High Price and low availability.
- Despite strong brand aura, the manufacturing has been discontinued.
Hummer Opportunities – Hummer SWOT Analysis
- This brand has been discontinued, which can be revived since it has a strong brand image.
- Being a high-end luxury product its price is inelastic in nature thus even the adverse macro-economic factors cannot affect its sales much.
- It can also explore the defense market for various countries.
Hummer Threats – Hummer SWOT Analysis
- High fuel consumption.
- Very dated technologies.
- Also supply chain related issues due its unique design.
Hummer SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Hummer has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.