SWOT Analysis Of Hasbro analyzes, Hasbro, Inc., which is the second-largest toymaker in the world, behind only Mattel, Inc., certainly fits that description. From America’s Action Hero to a plastic anthropomorphized potato to vehicles that transform into robots to the largest bird in the world, Hasbro toys are instantly recognized by millions of Americans. Hasbro makes G.I. Joe, Mr. Potato Head, and Transformers, and owns licenses for Sesame Street characters.
Did you know? Two products from Hasbro’s 1970 turned into public disasters: Javelin Darts were declared unsafe by the government, and Hypo-Squirt, a water gun shaped like a hypodermic needle, was nicknamed by the press a “junior junkie” kit. Both products were promptly removed from the market.
Hasbro traces its origin to an enterprise founded in Providence, Rhode Island, in 1923 by Henry, Hilal, and Herman Hassenfeld, brothers who had emigrated to the United States from Poland. The Hassenfeld brothers engaged in the textile remnant business, selling cloth leftovers.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Hasbro.
Hasbro At A Glance – Hasbro SWOT Analysis
Company: Hasbro, Inc.
Founders: Hillel Hassenfeld | Henry Hassenfeld | Herman Hassenfeld
Year of establishment: 1923, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey, United States
CEO: Rich Stoddart
Headquarters: Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 5,600
Ticker Symbol: HAS
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$5.47 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$1.22 Billion
Products & Services: Baby Alive Dolls & Accessories | Fun Family Board Games & Toys | Monopoly Board Games | My Little Pony Dolls, Games, Apps, and Videos | IT’S NERF OR NOTHIN’ | Play-Doh | Transformers Action Figures | Disney Princess Outfits | Toys & Merchandise | G.I. Joe | Power Rangers | Rom the Space Knight | Micronauts | M.A.S.K. | Furby | Nerf | Twister
Company Website: corporate.hasbro.com
Top Hasbro Competitors
Competitors: Konami | Mattel | LEGO | Bandai Namco | JAKKS Pacific | Spin Master
Hasbro SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Hasbro
SWOT Analysis Of Hasbro analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Hasbro SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Hasbro SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Hasbro.
Hasbro Strengths – Hasbro SWOT Analysis
- Proven track record of creating new products , product innovations and products.
- Solid Brand Portfolio Through the years, Hasbro, Inc. has invested in building a robust brand portfolio. An analysis using SWOT for Hasbro, Inc. just confirms this. The brand portfolio is very useful when the business intends to diversify in new areas of product.
- Very successful in the Go to Market methods with its product.
- A strong distribution network – Through the years, Hasbro, Inc. has developed a reliable distribution system that has the capacity to reach the majority of its market.
- Automation of processes made it possible to maintain the same quality of Hasbro, Inc. products and enabled the company to grow and down depending on the needs of the market.
- Excellent performance in new Markets Superb Performance in New Markets Hasbro, Inc. has acquired expertise in opening new markets and making a success of these markets. The expansion has allowed the company create a new revenue streams and diversify economic risks within the markets that it operates in.
- A strong dealer community has created a culture of dealers and distributors where dealers do not just promote the their products, but also train the sales staff to inform the customer how to get the most value from the product.
- Solid Free Cash Flow Hasbro, Inc. has solid free cash flows which provide funds in the hands of the business to invest in new ventures.
Hasbro Weaknesses – Hasbro SWOT Analysis
- The financial planning process isn’t done correctly and effectively. The current ratio of assets and ratio of liquid assets suggests that the business can utilize the cash more effectively than it does currently.
- The ratio of profitability and Net Contribution percentage for Hasbro, Inc. are less than the industry standard.
- The company has had limited success outside of its the core business. Despite the fact that Hasbro, Inc. is one of the top companies in its field, it has encountered challenges expanding into other product categories within its current business model.
- It is time to invest more in the latest technologies. With the size of the expansion and the various geographies that the company plans to enter, Hasbro, Inc. should invest more into technology to improve the processes across all departments. The investment currently in technology is not on level with the goals of the business.
- The structure of the organization is in line with the present business model and limits expansion into other product categories.
- Not very effective in merging firms with a different work culture. As we mentioned before, although Hasbro, Inc. is effective in integrating small companies, it is not without its fair share of failing to integrate companies with a different workplace style.
- The investment into Research and Development is below the most rapidly growing companies in the field. Although Hasbro, Inc. is spending more than the average for Research and Development, it hasn’t been able to keep pace with the most prominent companies in regards to the pace of innovation. It appears to be an established company that is looking to release products based on proven characteristics that are available on the market.
Hasbro Opportunities – Hasbro SWOT Analysis
- The new technology gives an opportunity for Hasbro, Inc. to implement a differentiated pricing strategies in the new market. It will help the company to retain its loyal customers by providing excellent service, and also attract new customers with other worthwhile offerings.
- New customers are coming from the online channels – In the last few years, the company has invested a huge amount of money into its online platform. This investment has created a brand an opportunity for sales channels that is owned by Hasbro, Inc.. In the coming years, the company will be able to profit from this opportunity by understanding the needs of its customers better and meeting their needs through large-scale data analysis.
- The reduction in transportation costs because of lower shipping costs can reduce the price of Hasbro Inc.’s products and thus provide an opportunity for the company to improve its profits or transfer the advantages to customers in order to increase market share.
- The development in the market will result in the dilution of competition’s advantages and will allow Hasbro, Inc. to enhance its competitiveness compared with other companies.
- New policies on the environment These new opportunities ensure a level play field that is open to all participants in the industry. It is an excellent chance to Hasbro, Inc. to highlight its advantages in the latest technology and increase sales in the emerging category of products.
- The opening of new markets due to a government agreement the adoption of the latest technology standards and a accord on free trade has offered Hasbro, Inc. an chance to gain entry into a brand new emerging market.
- The company’s core competencies could be successful in other product areas. One example is the case of GE healthcare research has helped in the development of better oil drilling equipment.
- The latest trends in consumer’s behavior could create a an entirely new market for Hasbro, Inc. . This presents a fantastic opportunity for the company to develop new revenue streams , and broaden its product offerings, too.
Hasbro Threats – Hasbro SWOT Analysis
- The company could be sued in a variety of markets, due to the different laws and the constant fluctuations regarding the quality of products sold in those markets.
- The changing buying habits of consumers from the online channels could pose an attack on the current physical infrastructure-driven the supply chain.
- A shortage of skilled employees in certain markets around the world poses an obstacle to the steady increase in earnings for Hasbro, Inc. in these markets.
- The demand for high-profitable products is seasonal and any unpredictability during peak times could affect the financial performance of the business in the short – to medium-term.
- A lack of regular supply of novel products. Over time, the company has come up with a number of products , but they are usually a reaction to the innovations of other companies. Additionally, the availability of new products isn’t regularly occurring, which results in large and low variations in sales figures over time.
- A rising price for raw materials can be an issue for Hasbro, Inc. profitability.
- The growing trend towards isolationism in the American economy could trigger similar responses from other governments which could negatively affect international sales.
- The imitation of counterfeit product and its low quality can be a danger to Hasbro Inc.’s product particularly in emerging markets and the low income markets.
This is the SWOT report that Hasbro has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.