Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis Analyzes, Harley-Davidson was first established in 1903, and the first recorded prototype was ridden a year later. The founders of the company – that is, William Harley, Arthur Davidson, William Davidson, and Walter Davidson – sought to create motorized bicycles that were capable of unmatched speed and perfect maneuverability. The great success of their bikes in the racing scene, police work, and even the military proves that they pulled it off.
Did You Know?
The first Harley-Davidson motorcycle was equipped with an engine of about 2 horsepower. It could not climb the hills around Milwaukee (the production was there) without pedaling.
The motorcycles produced by this company are some of the most popular in the world, but it hasn’t always been smooth sailing. Luckily, the hardy firm has survived a lot – including hostile takeovers, economic depressions, and even extensive public backlash. Of course, it is worth mentioning that they now make billions of dollars in revenue each year. They are also an international company, so they sell their motorcycles all over the entire world.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Harley Davidson.
Harley Davidson At A Glance – Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis
Company: Harley-Davidson Inc
Founders: Arthur Davidson | Walter Davidson | William Harley | William Davidson
Year of establishment: 1903, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
CEO: Jochen Zeitz
Headquarters: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 5,000
Ticker Symbol: HOG
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$4.05 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$2.3 billion
Products & Services: New Motorcycles | Sport. Sportster® S | Cruiser | Adventure Touring | Grand American Touring | Trike | Electric
Company Website: www.harley-davidson.com
Top Harley Davidson Competitors
Competitors: Triumph Bikes | Yamaha Motorcycles | Ducati | Royal Enfield | Victory Motorcycles | Viper Motorcycle | Polaris | Kawasaki
Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Harley Davidson
SWOT Analysis Of Harley Davidson analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Harley Davidson.
Harley Davidson Strengths – Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis
- Harley Davidson has transformed itself into an iconic brand and has placed its brand in the niche of high CC Cruisers
- HOG Rallies Harley offers its signature rallies called “Harley Owners Group” or HOGS on a regular basis which brings together Harley owners from various parts of the country who meet to share experiences and live a different life style.
- The company’s exemplary advertising strategies and marketing strategies has assisted Harley in establishing a solid customer, which has resulted in a higher TOMA score. (Top of brain awareness)
- Products Range with its diverse range of products such as the recently introduced Street 500CC and the 750 CC, Harley is attempting to tackle the age-related issue of its existing customer base to offer more for the younger diaspora.
- With its excellent reputation for quality as well as freedom’ Harley has crafted its unique position within market that is also supported with Harley the Davidson Merchandising.
- Thanks to its rich history and financial stability, the parent company is on a steady growth direction.
Harley Davidson Weaknesses – Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis
- Outside of the U.S Harley Davidson has a manufacturing facility that is located in India and one assembly facility in Brazil which causes the cost to the countries that export to them a little higher. Additionally, they depend on these three facilities to meet world need.
- Dependence too much on the U.S market Over 70% of the revenues come via that U.S market. The U.S market is not without its own limitations regarding growth. Therefore, it’s less risky Harley to get the bulk of its revenue from the U.S.
- Relying on a single or limited suppliers can impact the company’s operations in the long-term. If there is an the increase in input costs can result in an the increase in operating costs that will ultimately influence the cost of products, which will result in capacity constraints as well as lower production. This can cause financial strain on suppliers, which can ultimately lead to delays in delivery and dissatisfaction with customers.
Harley Davidson Opportunities – Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis
- Asian and Europe Markets in Europe and Asia The demand in the emerging Asian and European countries is growing in the market for Harley as well. There are a lot of (rather virtually no) companies competing in this market. Therefore, it’s an extremely attractive chance to Harley to take advantage of the markets in a hurry.
- Lower CC bikes With their own loyal and fans, it is able to draw young customers who it is able to launch low-end heavyweight vehicles (say 350CC) which can help the business to expand the number of customers it has.
- Women and Young Motorcyclists Harley could benefit from its enhanced marketing efforts to expand its customer base by targeting segments that aren’t being reached. For instance, in 2000 the women who rode were buying approximately 15,000 motorcycles per year. In only five years, sales to females increased to more than thirty thousand motorcycles annually. In 2006, females accounted 12 percent of motorcycle sales.
Harley Davidson Threats – Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis
- Being market too narrow can impact an individual’s perception of the Harley brand .As the majority of its sales are via in the U.S market. This dependence could cause internal turmoil.
- As more and more companies in the heavyweight segment expanding globally, such as Royal Enfield, Indian Motorcycles, Vector Motorcycles, Triumph Motorcycles, these alternatives with low prices can impact the overall performance of Harley.
Harley Davidson SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Harley Davidson has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.