King Camp Gillette (January 5, 1855 – July 9, 1932) was an American businessman. He invented a best-selling version of the safety razor. One of the secrets to Gillette success is that every decade or so, it launches a new incremental product improvement – slightly better, slightly more expensive, slightly more profitable and it migrates the consumer from the previous model to the new model and moves onward. … Gillette realized they had to do something.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Gillette.
Gillette At A Glance – Gillette SWOT Analysis
Company: Procter & Gamble
Founders: King C. Gillette | Colman M. Mockler Jr.
Year of establishment: 28 September 1901
CEO: Gary Coombe
Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 30,000
Ticker Symbol: G
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$67.7 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$8.48 Billion
Products & Services: Gillette Guard® Shaving Razor | Gillette Body™ Razor | 7 O’clock Super Platinum Blades | Wilkinson® Razor Blades | Gillette Vector® Razor | Gillette Presto® Disposable Razor | Gillette Vector3® Razor | Gillette Guard3 Razor
Company Website: gillette.com
Top Gillette Competitors
Competitors: Harry’s | 800Razors | Schick | Edgewell | Grooming Lounge | Braun GmbH | Dollar Shave Club | Raz*War
Gillette SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Gillette
SWOT Analysis Of Gillette analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Gillette SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Gillette’s SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Gillette.
Gillette Strengths – Gillette SWOT Analysis
1. Collaboration to Procter & Gamble: Procter and Gamble has a wealth of experience with consumer products and has a very solid research focus. A well-known brand in the homes of households and the confidence that the brand name P &G evokes in the customer’s mind is among Gillette’s most significant benefits.
2. Continuously Developing: Gillette is credited with being among the most creative businesses in the industry. Their primary item is a razor however, through a series of new innovations, they’ve provided the product with a variety of enhancements. The drive to invent is the main quality of the brand.
3. Methodology based on a problem: A razor is just needed to eliminate unwanted or excess hair. However, Gillette has managed to establish new and undiscovered requirements in shaving, and have developed products to fulfill those needs, creating the need for many variations.
4. Razors have high operating margins: They are among the most profitable companies that is owned by Procter & Gamble and currently Gillette one of their top brands that has operating margins of up to 30%.
5. Market Sensitivity: Although the product, such as a razor could be viewed as universal and one size can fit all, Gillette is extremely responsive to changes in culture and has customized products that meet the requirements of their clients of the markets they work in.
Gillette Weaknesses – Gillette SWOT Analysis
1. The most expensive products: The company had an plan as well as a pricing method similar to one that is used in the US and realized that in nations like India, people did not want to pay high prices for razors.
2. Unconsciousness of customers: Gillette has always been determined to invent and create the need-based distinction in their products. However, customers saw the razor as merely a tool to remove unwanted hair. This led to an opportunity for education for customers that the company was not able to tackle initially.
3. Additional components: Some of the advanced products from Gillette come with multiple spare part and use modern technological advances to put them together. The greater the quantity of spare parts, the greater the price of assembly.
Gillette Opportunities – Gillette SWOT Analysis
1. More importance given to beauty: The flood of information has made consumers more conscious of their appearance. They are aware of their challenges as well as the causes of them and are looking for solutions. This is an excellent chance for businesses that serve consumers to be able to differentiate based on the needs of their customers.
2. Potential for Growth: There is an increase in the amount of middle class people around the world. The middle class is a group of demands that are increasing which means there is more opportunity for innovative products to fulfill these demands.
3. The desire for spending: in the emerging economies there is a swell of income due to the rising number of dual income households. The middle-income class has more money to spare, and their propensity of spending also risen. the amount they spend impulsively.
Gillette Threats – Gillette SWOT Analysis
1. Non-sustainable expenditure: Consumer businesses are trying to create non-sustainable models of spending. The patterns of consumer spending are changing, and new companies have a difficult time trying to build business models that are flexible.
2. Competitors: Gillette was the market leader in the US up until recently and has recently been confronted with numerous issues from competitors. The top competitors are Unilever, Dollar Shave club and Dollar Shave club.
Gillette SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Gillette has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.