SWOT Analysis Of Gatorade analyzes, Gatorade is one of the most well-known brands in sports. Gatorade’s unique formula is well-known for keeping athletes hydrated and energized. Gatorade currently holds 75% market share within the sports drink category. Gatorade comes from Pepsi. It is unique in that it doesn’t have the properties of sodas or carbonated drinks. Gatorade is said to provide minerals and hydrate people who have experienced physical exhaustion from playing. In the years that followed, more and more NFL teams began placing Gatorade on the sidelines of their games and practices, and in 1983, Gatorade became the official sports drink of the NFL—a title it holds to this day.
Did you know?
Michael Jordan was offered $1.4 million per year for ten years in 1991 to be the face of Gatorade.
Gatorade was born on the playing field in the 1960s by researchers at the University of Florida to help the Gators football team prevent dehydration when they played in the swamp-like heat. Since the Gators’ 1967 Orange Bowl victory, Gatorade has grown to become an essential part of the equipment of sports, and can be found on the sidelines, in the locker rooms and on almost every field of play. Backed by more than 40 years of scientific research, Gatorade has proven rehydration and performance benefits over water. No other beverage or sports drink company has established such a strong expertise in rehydration and sports nutrition.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Gatorade.
Gatorade At A Glance – Gatorade SWOT Analysis
Founders: Robert Cade | Harry James Free | Dana Shires | Alejandro de Quesada
Year of establishment: 1965
CEO: Brett O’Brien
Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 3,000
Ticker Symbol: PEP
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$20.19 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$2.10 Billion
Products & Services: Gatorade Carbohydrate Energy Drink | Gatorade Protein Recovery Shake | The Gatorade Nutrition Shake | The Gatorade Nutrition Bar
Company Website: www.gatorade.com
Top Gatorade Competitors
Competitors: Red Bull | Schweppes | Lucozade | Glucon-D | Powerade | Tropicana | Olvi Plc | Monster Beverage | Frucor Beverages
Gatorade SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Gatorade
SWOT Analysis Of LEGO analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With LEGO SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about LEGO SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of LEGO.
Gatorade Strengths – Gatorade SWOT Analysis
1. Brand Valuation: The brand’s value is $4.8 billion. According to Forbes, it ranks as the 86 most powerful brand in the globe. Gatorade is manufactured by PepsiCo, and distributed in more than 80 countries. According to Euromonitor international, Gatorade holds 46% of global sports drink market. Gatorade’s annual sales amount to $3.3 billion.
2. A loyal customer base: They respond to their advertisements. They are unlikely to switch brands. Gatorade is known for its effectiveness and the science behind their products. It has been proven to be effective in real world environments. Gatorade is now able to launch new products on the market, with a limited customer base.
3. Market Leaders: Because they are market leaders in this segment, they have set a high barrier to entry in the product category. They are able to dominate the market.
4. Research: Gatorade’s main advantage is its R&D behind the product designs. Gatorade is a well-known brand that enhance performance athletes in competition, which cements its position as the preferred brand for athletes.
Gatorade Weaknesses – Gatorade SWOT Analysis
1. Health Benefits: They have stayed close to their customers and don’t tell them much about the health benefits of this energy drink. This issue must be addressed seriously. They could create campaigns and competitions to increase awareness among youth and the public.
2. Low Advertisement: Gatorade tends to keep a low profile, and does not advertise on television or via social media. Majority of the advertising is for sports tie .
3. Varieties: Gatorade sells too many different products. The brand name is often hampered by too many flavors and varieties.
4. Brand Passion: Gatorade appears to have some issues with their competitors. These problems must be addressed.
5. Energy Drink: Gatorade is directly under threat from the energy drink category. They could be a serious competitor to the sports drink category. Gatorade can’t create an energy drink because they cause fatigue and dehydration. Gatorade’s reputation for fitness is evident, so it will not be used to make energy drinks.
Gatorade Opportunities – Gatorade SWOT Analysis
1. Research and Development: Gatorade has the ability to create a unique mix that can provide extra energy for users/sportsmen, as well as not dehydrate them. This can be a game-changer.
2. New Products: They are able to add new products such as vitamin hydration into their portfolio. Target the customers of Vitamin Water directly, and gain additional market share.
3. More Advertisements: Use the brand name PepsiCo to advertise more often and engage more customers and prospects with the brand.
4. Target New Sports : They can target new booming sport like MMA (i.e. Mixed Martial Arts can be expanded into this budding sport.
Gatorade Threats – Gatorade SWOT Analysis
1. Energy Drinks: Energy drinks appeal to customers these days and are taking away market share from sports drinks. These drinks are popular with youth.
2. Slow market: According figures from Mintel the sports drinks industry is in trouble. After a period with strong growth, Gatorade experienced a volume slump in 2014. This indicates a slow growth rate and a small chance of expansion.
3. Direct competition: High-powered fruit juices can also eat away at their market share and could pose a threat.
Gatorade SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Gatorade has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.