Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis analyzes, The Energizer Holdings, Inc. is one of the leading organizations in its industry. Energizer Holdings, Inc. maintains its prominent position in market by carefully analyzing and reviewing the SWOT analysis. SWOT analysis a highly interactive process and requires effective coordination among various departments within the organization such as – marketing, finance, operations, management information systems and strategic planning.
Did you know? In 1992, the company was sold by Hanson Trust to Ralston Purina, owners of the American Eveready company, and is now a part of Energizer Holdings.
Energizer is one of the largest and most recognized makers of batteries in the marketplace, rivaling Duracell. It makes battery and portable lighting products under the popular Energizer and Eveready brands as well as flashlights under the Hard Case, Dolphin, and Weather Ready sub-brands. It also makes rechargeable hearing aids, headlights, lanterns, kid’s lights, and area lights. Products are made at some 10 factories in the US, Indonesia, Singapore, China, and Egypt and are sold mainly by large retailers, such as Wal-Mart.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Energizer Holdings.
Energizer Holdings At A Glance – Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis
Company: Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Founders: Eveready Battery Company, Inc.
Year of establishment: 1896
CEO: Alan Hoskins
Headquarters: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 7,500
Ticker Symbol: ENR
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$721.80 million
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$270.80 million
Products & Services: Household Products | Personal Care | Battery and lighting products | Wet shave | Skin care | Feminine care and Infant care |
Company Website: www.energizerholdings.com
Energizer Holdings Competitors
Competitors: Duracell | Gillette | Eveready Industries | VARTA AG | Edgewell Personal Care | CBAK Energy Technology | GP Batteries | Spectrum Brands
Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Energizer Holdings
SWOT Analysis Of Energizer Holdings analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Energizer Holdings.
Energizer Holdings Strengths – Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis
- Excellent Returns on Capital expenditure The company Energizer Holdings, Inc. has been relatively successful in the execution of new initiatives and has earned excellent returns on capital investment through the creation of additional revenue sources.
- A strong distribution network – Through the years, Energizer Holdings, Inc. has developed a solid distribution network that is able to reach the majority of its market.
- A strong dealer community has created a culture of dealers and distributors where dealers don’t just market the their products, but also invest in educating the sales staff to inform the customer how they can get maximum value from the product.
- Reliable suppliers The company has a solid foundation of reliable suppliers of raw materials, allowing the company to get around any bottlenecks in the supply chain.
- Highly skilled employees through effective programs of learning and training. Energizer Holdings, Inc. invests a lot of money into the development and training of its employees. This results in a workforce who is not just proficient but also eager to do better.
- A Strong Brand Portfolio Through the years, Energizer Holdings, Inc. has made investments in creating an impressive brand portfolio. A SWOT assessment for Energizer Holdings, Inc. highlights this fact. This brand portfolio is extremely beneficial when the business intends to diversify to new categories of products.
- Solid Free Cash Flow Energizer Holdings, Inc. has strong free cash flow which provide funds in the hands of the company to invest in new ventures.
- Very successful in the Go to Market methods in its merchandise.
Energizer Holdings Weaknesses – Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis
- A high rate of attrition in the workforce – compared with other companies within the sector Energizer Holdings, Inc. has a higher rate of attrition and must spend significantly more than its peers in developing and training its employees.
- The promotion of the product left much to be left to be desired. While the product is an excellent product in terms of sales, its positioning and distinctive selling point isn’t clearly established, which could lead to the emergence of attacks by competitors.
- Financial planning isn’t being executed properly and effectively. The current ratio of asset to ratios of liquid assets suggest the company could use cash more effectively than what it is in the present.
- The amount of money invested into Research and Development is below the top performers in the market. While Energizer Holdings, Inc. has spent more than the industry average for Research and Development, it is unable to compete with the top competitors in regards to technological innovation. It appears to be an established firm that is eager to release products that are based on the tried and tested technologies in the market.
- Days inventory is higher compared to other companies, requiring the company seek out more capital to invest into the channel. This could affect the expansion that Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- The company has had limited success outside of its the core business Energizer Holdings, Inc. is among the most reputable companies in its field, it has encountered challenges transitioning to different product segments in its current way of life.
- Poor at product demand forecasting which leads to a greater chance of missing opportunities compared to its rivals. One reason for the inventory levels are high in comparison to its rivals is due to the fact that Energizer Holdings, Inc. isn’t great in forecasting demand, and thus ends having a larger inventory inside the company and out of channel.
Energizer Holdings Opportunities – Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis
- The development in the market could result in a reduction of the advantage of competitors and allow Energizer Holdings, Inc. to boost its competitiveness with other competitors.
- The tax reforms could dramatically alter the method of conducting business. It could also create new opportunities for established players like Energizer Holdings, Inc. to boost its profits.
- The new technology gives the opportunity for Energizer Holdings, Inc. to implement a differentiated pricing strategies in the current market. It will help the company to keep its loyal customers with top service, and also attract new customers by offering other value-oriented offerings.
- The steady flow of free cash gives opportunities to invest in related product segments. When there’s more cash at the bank, the company is able to invest in the latest technologies, as well as new product segments. This could open up a new window of potential in the future for Energizer Holdings, Inc. in different product areas.
- New customers are coming from the online channels – In the last couple of years, the company has poured a large amounts of money in the platform online. This investment has opened a new channels of sales that is a boon for Energizer Holdings, Inc.. Over the next few years the company will be able to capitalize on this opportunity by understanding the needs of its customers better and meeting their needs with large-scale data analysis.
- New markets are opening up through government agreements – the adoption of the latest technology standards and a accord on free trade has offered Energizer Holdings, Inc. the opportunity to gain entry into the market of a new and emerging.
- The reduction in transportation costs because of lower shipping prices could lower the cost of Energizer Holdings Inc.’s products, thereby providing the company with an opportunity to increase its profits or transfer the advantages to customers to increase their market share.
- Recent trends in consumer’s behavior can create a new markets for Energizer Holdings, Inc. . This presents a fantastic chance for the company to develop new revenue streams , and expand into different product lines, too.
Energizer Holdings Threats – Energizer Holdings SWOT Analysis
- The laws governing liability in different countries differ in each country. Energizer Holdings, Inc. could be subject to a variety of legal claims arising from changes to laws in these markets.
- The rising pay rate, especially the movements like $15 per hour and the rising costs in China could result in significant stress on the profitability at Energizer Holdings, Inc.
- The company could be sued in a variety of markets, due to various laws and constant changes regarding the quality of products sold in those markets.
- An increasing trend of isolationism within the American economy may trigger similar responses from other governments and negatively impact international sales.
- The latest technologies developed by the company’s competitor, or disruptor to the market could pose a major risk to the industry in the near-to-long term.
- The growing strength of local distributors could pose a threat to certain markets, as local distributors are paying more to local distributors.
- Stable profitability – Intense competition has added more players in the market over the these two years. This has put pressure on profitability, not just but also overall sales.
- The demand for high-profitable products is seasonal and any unpredictability during the peak season could affect the financial performance of the company in the short to medium-term.
This is the SWOT report that Energizer Holdings has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.