eBay SWOT Analysis Analyzes, eBay is an American multinational eCommerce business that was founded in the year 1995. It is located within California, United States. eBay assists with businesses to consumers and consumer-to-consumer sales through their websites. eBay was created through Pierre Omidyar during the year 1995. It has since been a renowned success story in the dot-com boom. eBay is believed to be a multibillion-dollar company with its operations across 30 countries in the year 2011. eBay manages their own website, shopping site and auction site that lets buyers as well as businesses purchase and sell lots of products or services. The site is free to buyers. However, sellers are charged according to the items they list, and have only a few free listings.
Did You Know? The first item ever sold on eBay was a $14.83 broken laser pointer.
eBay was founded in Pierre Omidyar’s San Jose living room back in September 1995. It was from the start meant to be a marketplace for the sale of goods and services for individuals. In 1998, Pierre and his cofounder Jeff Skoll brought in Meg Whitman to sustain the success.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by eBay.
eBay At A Glance – eBay SWOT Analysis
Company: eBay Inc.
Founders: Pierre Omidyar
Year of establishment: 3 September 1995, San Jose, California, United States
CEO: Jamie Iannone
Headquarters: San Jose, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 14,700
Ticker Symbol: EBAY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$19.45 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$6.41 Billion
Products & Services: eBay Sales Reports | eBay Stores | searchable showcase | Power Seller Program | Trading Assistants | Business Marketplace | Equipment Financing
Company Website: www.ebayinc.com
Top eBay Competitors
eBay SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of eBay
SWOT Analysis Of eBay analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With eBay SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about eBay SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of eBay.
eBay Strengths – eBay SWOT Analysis
1. The Leading Name: Leading Brand eBay is the world’s most well-known online auction site and e-commerce retailer and hosts 97 million customers.
2. Large Presence on the Market: The market for HTML0 is huge. eBay is an early business venture on the internet that is localized in more than 30 countries. It’s a well-known as a brand.
3. Different Integrated Services: The HTML0 platform eBay offers a variety of integrated services all in one place. Tickets tracking, online purchase online payments and online money transfers and more.
4. A strong international presence: Strong International Presence eBay offers a broad range of international presence , thereby offering services to a greater population of consumers.
5. A Trusted Brand: The brand of HTML0 is trusted by millions of people. eBay is a well-known online business and enjoys the trust of many across the world. The company is also the top sought-after brand in the marketplace and has a huge market value.
6. Large Staff: A huge workforce eBay has a massive workforce of approximately 14,000 employed by them around the world.
7. Solid Acquisitions: Strong Acquisitions eBay has made strong acquisitions with other companies like PayPal, Skype, StubHub, and numerous others. Through these acquisitions, eBay’s brand has been strengthened.
8. A strong business focus: Strong Business Focus eBay is a leader in both B2C as well as B2B businesses across the globe.
9. Utilization of Artificial Intelligence: eBay websites use Artificial Intelligence that helps in the analysis of data for different research online and also to satisfy needs of the customer.
10. Large Variety of Items: eBay has a wide range of products eBay offers a variety of products that can be adapted to every category. The website will attract a lot of shoppers who are seeking out a wide range of items to purchase.
11. A Good customer relations: Good Customer Relations eBay maintains positive relationships with its customers through the use of immediate feedback.
eBay Weaknesses – eBay SWOT Analysis
1. False or fraudulent sellers: There are many fraud or fake sellers who are connected to eBay. The company has done its best but isn’t able to eliminate these sellers completely. This is, in reality an enormous weakness for the brand, and it hurts the brand’s value.
2. Intense competition: The HTML0 market is in intense competition. eBay has a strong rival in this space as a number of new startups are popping up in this space. eBay is also a smaller presence in physical markets.
3. Technology Misfunction: Any disruption to the technology can affect the business to an enormous degree. This is a major flaw for the company.
4. Limited sensory experience: eBay websites provide an unrestricted sensory experience for buyers during their online shopping experience. This could affect the customer’s satisfaction level when buying products that require sensory input, like clothing and food items.
eBay Opportunities – eBay SWOT Analysis
1. Non-internet markets: Markets that aren’t connected to internet access are often not being utilized on eBay. eBay website. eBay must find ways to integrate these markets into its website, and provide an enormous opportunity for businesses.
2. Customer who is not willing: Customer who are not willing to engage to purchase online products could be convinced to do the same. This is an enormous opportunity for company.
3. Bulk selling: Bulk Selling eBay may work with other companies for bulk selling.
4. The New World Market for Business Market: New Global Business Market eBay could benefit from the new business markets which are now open within India as well as China.
5. Mobile Technologies: The company eBay could profit from the growing use of mobile technologies by the customers.
eBay Threats – eBay SWOT Analysis
1. Security Risks: Security Threats to the HTML0 eBay site can be vulnerable to online frauds. There could be security breaches that could impact the eBay business.
2. Illegal entities: There are lots of risks in the presence of numerous illegal entries. This poses a significant risk to the company and may be detrimental to them in numerous ways.
3. More competition: New competition in the area of online shopping poses a huge threat to business.
4. Various government policies and Taxes: A variety of tax policies and laws of the federal government are in the process of being ratified time and again, could impact the margins of businesses and operations.
eBay SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that eBay has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.