Did you know?
The cyclonic vacuum cleaner is what changed James Dyson’s life and transformed him into a famous inventor/businessman.
With the royalties from G-Force sales, James Dyson was able to set up his own company, Dyson Ltd. In 1993 he opened his own research center and factory in the Cotswold’s and set to work making a new vacuum – one that would capture even smaller particles of dust. Dyson vacuums may be overpriced compared to other brands, but their suction power is one of the strongest among its competitors and they don’t weigh any more than the average weight of cleaners in other brands. Overall they are a good tool for cleaning around your home and car. That’s why they are so popular.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Dyson.
Dyson At A Glance – Dyson SWOT Analysis
Company: Dyson Ltd
Founders: James Dyson
Year of establishment: 8 July 1991, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
CEO: Roland Krueger
Headquarters: Malmesbury, United Kingdom
Employees (Dec 2020): 10,200
Ticker Symbol: DYS
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$8.2 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$1.9 billion
Products & Services: Vacuum cleaners | Cordless vacuum cleaner | Hair dryer | Styler | Straightener | Lights | Purifiers | Fans | Fan heaters | Lights
Company Website: www.dyson.com
Top Dyson Competitors
Competitors: Dematic | Hoover | Electrolux | Business.com | iRobot | Samsung Electronics | Electrolux | Bosch | Whirlpool | Kin Yat Venture Corporation
Dyson SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Dyson
SWOT Analysis Of Dyson analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Dyson SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Dyson SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Dyson.
Dyson Strengths – Dyson SWOT Analysis
1. Innovative Products: Innovative Products Dyson produces and designs a wide range of household appliances such as filters for air, vacuums hand dryers and bladeless fan heaters, hair dryers and even lights.
2. High-Quality: The entire Dyson products are designed and made with attention to detail. They are high-quality and each step is taken to ensure to ensure that every product passes an inspection for quality.
3. James Dyson Foundation: James Dyson Foundation James Dyson has initiated the James Dyson Foundation that aims to encourage young people to study engineering and eventually become engineers. They accomplish this by taking a trip to universities and schools and offering workshops to youngsters.
4. Research and Development: Research and Development plays a essential role in the growth of Dyson. Initial research and design of Dyson technology is done in the Dyson headquarters. The Dyson research team is able to each day to discover ways to develop new products and help make things better. Every aspect that research can be taken into consideration attention-grabbing focus.
5. Large Workforce: Huge Workforce Dyson employs approximately 12,000 employees employed by them around the world. Each employee is a key contributor to the overall success of their products.
6. James Dyson Awards: The company has launched James Dyson Awards that is an international student design competition that are offered in 18 countries. The scheme is run through the James Dyson Foundation and James Dyson’s Charitable trust which is part of their goal. It was created to inspire the future generation of design engineers to inspire to be challenged, imaginative, and innovative. The award is given to students as well as the institution of their study.
7. Fantastic Designs: The HTML0 series of products Dyson creates new and exciting designs for each of their products. Each item is distinctive and comes in bright colors that match the style and products.
8. Great Technology Usage: This Dyson team is extremely enthusiastic about mobile and digital market.
9. A Solid Team: Dyson is a team that’s strong. Dyson team is highly motivated and the team is able to use many capabilities between them.
10. A hefty UK awareness: Dyson is a major player on the UK market because its products tend to be popular with the UK audience.
Dyson Weaknesses – Dyson SWOT Analysis
1. High cost: High price Dyson products are priced a bit in comparison to its competition. This is a huge problem for the company because they may be unable to retain customers.
2. Legal Proceedings and Controversies: Dyson had filed into a lawsuit against Amway, Qualtex, Vax, Samsung as well as Excel Dryer. In the year 1985 Dyson has sued Amway because it copied its designs. Dyson was also suing the producer of the components Qualtex for replicating the design. There are many other instances where Dyson has been involved in controversy, thereby ruining its image.
3. Criticism of Foreign Students: In the year of 2011, James Dyson happened to make a comment in his interview with The Sunday Times, about Chinese nationals. He stated the fact that British Universities were taking Chinese nationals to study engineering and also to monitor the departments in which they work. He also stated that this was to permit Chinese nationals to transfer the latest technology and bring it back to China.
Dyson Opportunities – Dyson SWOT Analysis
1. Global expansion: Dyson has a number of opportunities when they expand their production and distribution further across the world.
2. Enriching the Product’s Features: Enhancing Product Features Dyson is able to add new features to their products. This will satisfy customer demands. This will give a great service to customers.
3. UK is a popular home Decor requirement: The Home Decor is an evergreen market in UK. This gives more opportunities to Dyson to grow its business and expand its business.
Dyson Threats – Dyson SWOT Analysis
1. Market Volatility across the UK: There always has been market volatility in the UK housing market. This poses a major danger to the business.
2. Lower priced Products: The availability of less expensive products on the market can pose a significant risk to the company. Customers are likely to purchase products at a lower cost, which could harm Dyson’s business. Dyson business.
3. Strong competitors: Dyson faces strong competition from its competitors. Dyson is facing strong competition from its rivals. They have a strong brand power, which could pose a significant threat to their businesses.
4. Delay in the launch of a product: If there’s delays in the launch of the product, it’s actually very dangerous since there is a possibility that the same product is released by counterparts.
Dyson SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Dyson has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.