Did you know? Duracell AA alkaline batteries have an expected shelf life of seven years if they are not in use.
The company has managed to capture the customers’ hearts with very creative marketing campaigns, as well as the character of the mascot, the Duracell Bunny that is loved by all and a symbol of Duracell’s core values. After numerous mergers, the Duracell brand Duracell is controlled by Procter & Gamble. Duracell claims to be a manufacturer of power systems. Its products categories comprise batteries like battery chargers, rechargeable ones coin button batteries and much more. Duracell was also a part in the Appollo mission and is recognized as the first cell to be discovered on the moon’s surface.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Duracell.
Duracell At A Glance – Duracell SWOT Analysis
Company: Berkshire Hathaway
Founders: Samuel Ruben | Philip Mallory
Year of establishment: 1965
CEO: Thom Lachman
Headquarters: Bethel, Connecticut, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 2700
Ticker Symbol: BRK.A
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$$26.7 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$7.2 billion
Products & Services: High performance alkaline batteries | Specialty cells | Rechargeables
Company Website: www.duracell.com
Competitors: Energizer | Interstate Batteries | Antec
Duracell SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Duracell
SWOT Analysis Of Duracell analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Duracell SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Duracell SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Duracell.
Duracell Strengths – Duracell SWOT Analysis
1. Product Specifications: Duracell batteries have become the market top brand in this category, primarily due to its features that are believed to be superior than the competition. Duracell batteries last longer lifespan, more energy and perform better than competing brands.
2. Innovative: Duracell has been an extremely innovative brand, not only with regards to the style of their items but as well in its advertising. Duracell was always associated with extremely creative advertising campaigns.
3. The value of the brand: The brand Duracell is valued at an extremely expensive price and is regarded as a solid investment advocated by investment experts like Warren Buffet. Presently, Duracell is valued at USD 4.9 billion more than its competitors.
4. Rapid response to any modifications: The market for power systems is in constant evolution. The latest developments regarding technologies comprise rechargeable battery technology, extended energy storage and synchronization using wireless iPhone charging equipment , among others.
5. Brand Icon: The Duracell bunny is a very well-known brand mascot. The company has created a series of advertisements that showcase the longevity and power of Duracell batteries. The method by the way that the company has been successful in weaving stories using its brand mascot to highlight key characteristics of the brand has led to its huge growth as market leader.
6. A strong distribution system: The strong distribution network of Procter & Gamble is helping Duracell connect with customers throughout the nation as well as around the world.
Duracell Weaknesses – Duracell SWOT Analysis
1. Poor distinction: The products of Duracell are remarkably similar which is why customers find hard to discern between them. This frequently leads to substitution within the Duracell brand.
2. The cost in the technology: Duracell invests in lots of technologies for the company’s distribution chain as well as its operations. It also invests in research because it is crucial to the development of new products for its brand. The cost of these research could turn out detrimental for the cost for the batteries.
3. Technology changes are frequent: The power market is extremely clear and with each innovation there’s a brand new and distinct power need. This makes it more important to have continual product innovation. This results in a large expenditure required to fund this.
4. Insufficient coverage in remote marketplaces: The customers in the rural markets aren’t aware of battery or power backups. The company hasn’t been effective in reaching out to the rural markets. This is a major distance that it must to overcome.
Duracell Opportunities – Duracell SWOT Analysis
1. A growing need for electronic items: Globally there is a rise in need for electronic gadgets such as smartphones as well as digital cameras, and power banks. This leads to a proportional rise in the demand for Duracell batteries.
2. Expanding services and products: New devices like automated vehicles connected devices, robotic-based systems , etc. are likely to create new energy requirements and could be a totally new segment of market Duracell. This could be a sign that there is an increasing demand for expansion into newer areas that are not yet known to Duracell.
Duracell Threats – Duracell SWOT Analysis
1. Competitors: The company faces lots of competition from companies like Energizer, Panasonic and Sony.
2. The market has low barrier for admission: The power market has relatively less barriers to entry. The consumable commodity has greater demand. The easy entry point makes the market attractive for small to medium-sized companies.
This is the SWOT report that Duracell has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.