Did you know? Ducati is now owned by Lamborghini, which is owned by Audi.
They are also experts on racing bikes and are exceptional when it comes to performance. The features that make Ducati different from the competition include the four-stroke engine and desmodromic valve. Dry clutches Trellis frame, dry clutches, and an innovative engine design. Ducati has also been recognized with many firsts within the world of motorbikes. Ducati has a long tradition of racing. Ducati is sold in over 60 countries around the globe, and is considered as the most performance motorcycle brand ever.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Ducati.
Ducati At A Glance – Ducati SWOT Analysis
Company: The Volkswagen Group
Founders: Adriano Cavalieri Ducati | Bruno Cavalieri Ducati | Marcello Cavalieri Ducati | Antonio Cavalieri Ducati
Year of establishment: 1926, Bologna, Italy
CEO: Claudio Domenicali
Headquarters: Borgo Panigale, Italy
Employees (Dec 2020): 1,337
Ticker Symbol: DMH
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): EURO€ 676 million
Profit net income (Dec 2020): EURO€ 24 million
Products & Services: Automobiles | Commercial Vehicles | Financial Services | Automobile Repair | Manufacturing Motorcycles
Company Website: www.ducati.com
Competitors: Harley-Davidson | Suzuki | Honda | Yamaha | Kawasaki
Ducati SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Ducati
SWOT Analysis Of Ducati analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Ducati SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Ducati SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Ducati.
Ducati Strengths – Ducati SWOT Analysis
1. Differentiating characteristics: Ducati bikes have a number of distinct features that distinguish these bikes apart from similar brands. Some of the features are Desmodromic valve control as well as the steel tubular Trellis frame as well as the L-Twin engine, and the booming sound of the power unit. Each of these makes each Ducati an experience that is unique.
2. Numerous victories in racing: Ducati has won numerous titles in the world of bike racing, like the World Superbike Championship. Ducati has also won 15 of the previous 18 Riders titles, and 16 Manufacturers titles and including the MotoGP championship, as well as all the top positions in world Riders and Manufacturers rankings.
3. Market leader: Ducati is a market leader in a majority markets. markets it operates in, including USA, Italy, Spain and Germany. In times of recession, sales for Ducati have risen by an average of 8 percent annually between 2105 and the year 2016.
4. Desmo Owners Club: A group of cycling enthusiasts who are also enthusiastic about Borgo Pani gale’s bikes created the club, and it currently is the largest source of strength for the brand Ducati. They also assist in increasing the engagement of clients by organizing a variety of events and road trips planned.
Ducati Weaknesses – Ducati SWOT Analysis
1. The pricey raw materials and spare parts: Ducati uses the most modern technology for its motorcycles, and that requires the use of specialized materials and spare parts. The spare parts for the bikes are not readily accessible and are well-known to cause delays in service.
2. Re-designing of products: Ducati had taken the decision to redesign all its designs, including new engines for some models and a complete overhaul of its Multistrada model. It proved to be an extremely costly undertaking for the company and results from it remain to be evaluated.
3. A sizable community of partners: Ducati has a massive community of partners, suppliers, and after-income carrier facilities and it turns into a mission to control this huge community of connections and synergy is likewise low in view that those are unfolded throughout the globe.
Ducati Opportunities – Ducati SWOT Analysis
1. The growing demands for safety on the road: Though two-wheelers are commonplace in the marketplace, low power motorcycles are thought to be more dangerous as compared to the motorized ones. This could mean there is a change in demand for cheap motorcycles, to more powerful bikes such as Ducati more due to the comfort of driving and safety on roads…
2. Markets in the emerging markets: Earlier there was less than zero sales for motorcycles or other luxury vehicles within emerging markets. Today, there are lots of cycling enthusiasts in the emerging economies who are conscious of what they want and are ready to buy costly bikes. It is creating fresh niches for brands of bikes…
3. Technologies that are new: With more cities striving to become smarter, and the advancement of technologies such as those of the Internet of Things, interconnected devices, and autonomous vehicles There will be a need for driving and vehicle options. This could result in new markets for car companies.
Ducati Threats – Ducati SWOT Analysis
1. Competitors: This company is facing many competitions from companies like Harley Davidson, Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda and Kawasaki.
2. The threat of replacements Superbikes can cost more than luxury vehicles and, in some cases, more. Therefore, customers might prefer to spend the money on an automobile that is more secure and more user-friendly. Therefore, the bikes are at possibility of being replaced by luxury cars.
Ducati SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Ducati has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.