SWOT Analysis Of Dr Peppers Snapple analyzes, Dr Pepper Snapple Group is an integrated brand owner, manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic beverages with a diverse portfolio of flavored (non-cola) carbonated soft drinks and non-carbonated beverages, including ready-to-drink teas, juices, juice drinks and mixers. The Company operates in three segments: Beverage Concentrates, Packaged Beverages and Latin America Beverages. It primarily serves two groups of customers: bottlers and distributors and retailers. The Company merged with Keurig Green Mountain to form Keurig Dr Pepper.
Did you know?
Charles Alderton worked at a drugstore in Waco, Texas, owned by Wade Morrison. Legend has it that Morrison named it “Dr. Pepper” after the father of a young girl he was once in love with.
It was created in the 1880s by pharmacist Charles Alderton in Waco, Texas, and first served around 1885. Dr Pepper was first nationally marketed in the United States in 1904, and is now also sold in Europe, Asia, North and South America. In Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, Dr Pepper is sold as an imported good. With a brand heritage spanning more than 200 years, Dr Pepper Snapple Group’s portfolio includes more than 50 brands and hundreds of flavors of carbonated soft drinks, juices, teas, mixers, waters and other beverages.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Dr Peppers Snapple.
Dr Peppers Snapple At A Glance – Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis
Company: Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc.
Founders: Charles Alderton
Year of establishment: 7 May 2008
CEO: Bob Gamgort
Headquarters: Plano, Texas, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 21,000
Ticker Symbol: DPS
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1.08 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$432 Million
Products & Services: Sunkist soda | 7UP | A&W | Canada Dry | Crush | Mott’s | Squirt | Hawaiian Punch | Peñafiel | Clamato | Schweppes | Venom | Energy | Rose’s | Mr & Mrs T. | Aguafiel
Company Website: www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com
Top Dr Peppers Snapple Competitors
Competitors: Coca-Cola Enterprises | PepsiCo | Mondelez International | Fever-Tree | Red Bull | Ito En
Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Dr Peppers Snapple
SWOT Analysis Of Dr Peppers Snapple analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Dr Peppers Snapple.
Dr Peppers Snapple Strengths – Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis
1. Wide Product Portfolio: It is a brand offers a broad range of products under its wings. Snapple, a brand of tea and juice drinks and a third product known as Dr. Pepper is quite well-known and has a unique flavor that is a huge hit with customers. It also offers Canada Dry which has a sweet taste that is reminiscent of home-brewed spirits. DPS also bought Bai brands LLC, which are antioxidant-infused waters, carbonated flavor waters premium teas and coconut water in the umbrella of its collection. After the acquisition of 7UP back in the year 2010, the brand was revamped with a cleaner and more crisp taste, and a sparkling appearance. It is a great way to get customers exploring the delicious and exciting world.
2. A strong brand name: The company is among the most well-known beverage producers worldwide and boasts vast distribution and sales distribution system. The company is committed to providing a an enlightened life styles for its employees. Dr. Pepper Snapple Group is a business that is centered around the customer and is in close contact with its customers to satisfy their requirements and demands. It provides a variety of no-calorie and low-calorie products. The company has earned a reputation for being a customer-friendly company and believes in providing clean and healthy drinks for its customers.
3. Growth Strategy: Marketing91 has solid history of integrating businesses via M&A (Mergers as well as Acquisition). It has successfully integrated a various companies in order to create an efficient chain of supply chain to simplify the efficiency of its operation. It was established in 1969, when Cadbury Schweppes formed created through the amalgamation from Cadbury Schweppes and Cadbury. Schweppes. The company has also acquired other independent distribution and bottling companies, such as All-American Bottling Co., Southeast-Atlantic beverages Corp., Dr. Pepper/7 UP bottling Co and Davis bottling Co. etc. Its important M &A has helped the company to become one of North America’s biggest Beverage Company.
Dr Peppers Snapple Weaknesses – Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis
1. Marketing Products: The products are a success with regard to sales, but the distinct selling point as well as the position of the product are not clearly defined, that has given greater leverage to its rivals. The company is working to reduce its programs and support to media for carbonated beverages like Dr pepper, Canada Dry, 7UP etc. to concentrate on healthier drinks. So, now, the company needs to utilize better marketing analytics and capabilities to make sure that future marketing efforts give the best value and return
2. Technological Initiatives: Dr. Pepper Snapple group is growing rapidly across different regions and is expanding its product range and also. The company must invest more money in technological advancements to bring together all processes across all its departments. The company must work to be more flexible in connecting outdated technologies to cloud-enabled services. The company requires more efficient category management systems and utilize analytics systems to spot expansion possibilities and improve retail revenue systems for the more traditional and recently purchased line of products
3. Distribution: The company has much control over its products delivery or store delivery. Nearly 59% of quantities of beverages are sold by bottlers that are part of PepsiCo as well as Coca-Cola. The company must concentrate more in direct distribution of its products in stores, allowing it to bypass third-party retailers’ distribution facilities which can boost the margins and allow the company to take advantage of downstream margins.
Dr Peppers Snapple Opportunities – Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis
1. Newer markets: The free trade agreements of the federal government as well as the adoption of more advanced technology has allowed Dr. Pepper Snapple Group to open up new opportunities to tap into emerging market. The company is significantly smaller than its main competitors PepsiCo as well as TCCC that distribute its top brands across the world. The company has increased in its percentage of market in the domestic market. Dr. Pepper Snapple Group has a narrow geographic reach and is now focusing its attention on emerging markets such as India, China and Malaysia and so on. where the consumption per capita might be less but is increasing at a fairly constant rate. The company is planning expansion into international expansion and is currently in the process of negotiating international licensing agreements that will allow the on sale and distribute the majority of its top brands.
2. Diversifying into new categories: The growth of the company into more diverse categories has helped reduce the competitive advantage and gain more share of the market share. Marketing91 has noticed that customers are spending more money on non-carbonated drinks and rapidly expanded its offerings in these categories , too. These non-carbonated drinks have grown to the detriment of carbonated drinks, which Dr. Pepper and 7UP are famous for. The company has been spending huge sums to purchase flavored water companies and probiotic drinks and invests $1.7 billion to buy Bai Brands who makes waste which is infused with anti-oxidants coconut water, tea, and coconut.
3. Newer Customers: Dr. Pepper and Snapple group have discovered new customers via the internet platform. The company has invested a lot on the platform which has enabled them effectively acquire new customers through websites. The investment has helped the company to leverage the platform and reach out to the younger generation of customers by better understanding customers’ behavior and serving their needs more effectively with large data analytics.
4. Product Innovation: The company offers a variety of drinks that includes carbonated soft drinks as well as non-carbonated beverages , along with ready-to-drink drinks, water mixes and water. The company’s focus is on products on innovation and nearly 55% of their investments are made to decrease the amount of calories in these drinks. The company, by 2025, is aiming to cut down on the calories consumed by 20 percent.
Dr Peppers Snapple Threats – Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis
1. Competitive pricing: Dr. Pepper Snapple Group isn’t not as aggressive than its rivals in terms of prices. This could lead to a decrease in sales for the beverages of the company. The company’s strong pricing strategies have been instrumental in helping PepsiCo to offset the decline of 2% in North American Sales. Price mix strategy of Coca-Cola has allowed the company to keep its profits despite the drop in volume of sales. The company should concentrate on pricing strategies to guarantee an advantage in the market.
2. Strong competitors: The company hasn’t been able to address the issues presented by newer players in the sector and has been unable to regain market share in small-scale categories. The beverage industry has a steady profit and has led to an increase in the number of companies in the market. The company has to compete in the same direction as giants like PepsiCo or Coca-Cola and must invest a significant amount in marketing. The company should raise the amount of money it spends on advertising. The company is currently third in the market behind Coca-Cola and PepsiCo however, it has seen its market shrinking in the past 10 years.
Dr Peppers Snapple SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Dr Peppers Snapple has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.