Did you know? Doritos means “little golden things” in Spanish.
Released in the year 1966, Doritos was the first of its kind to be launched in the US. Doritos is a crunchy and tasty party snack and it has always been hugely popular amongst the youth.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Doritos.
Doritos At A Glance – Doritos SWOT Analysis
Founders: Frito-Lay (subsidiary of PepsiCo)
Year of establishment: 1966
CEO: Indra Nooyi
Headquarters: Plano, Texas, U.S.
Employees (Dec 2020): 60,000
Ticker Symbol: DORITOS
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$7.12 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$5.26 Billion
Products & Services: Doritos 3D Crunchy | Doritos 3D Crunch Corn Snacks | DORITOS® FLAMIN’ HOT® | DORITOS® FLAMIN’ HOT® | DORITOS® Nacho Cheese | DORITOS® COOL RANCH® | DORITOS® Spicy Sweet Chili | DORITOS® DINAMITA® |
Company Website: www.doritos.com
Competitors: Pringles | Planters | Pays | Cheetos | Uncle Chips
Doritos SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Doritos
SWOT Analysis Of Doritos analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Doritos SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Doritos SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Doritos.
Doritos Strengths – Doritos SWOT Analysis
1. Variety: Doritos has been a leader in the field of snacking. It has also been linked to the development of numerous new flavors. In addition to the famous Nachos and Cheese Doritos is offered in various varieties like chili and barbeque chips and cream, bubbling salsa cheese and chili, spicy cheese and fresh original mildly salted with chili and salted. Each flavor was created with a view to the trends and preferences of the customers popular.
2. Position: Doritos has been advertised as a snack for those who are bold, and this , along with the spicy and crunch taste of tortilla chips has led to its popularity with young people, not only within the US but across all markets in which it is sold in.
3. Marketing that is based on customer-based decisions: One factor that contributed to the popularity of Doritos as a company was the fact that they let their customers define the strategies for marketing. The Doritos brand’s legacy is preserved by advertising campaigns that are created by customers. This has kept the brand’s engagement at a high level and improve the brand’s popularity and loyalty.
4. Consistent success on Super Bowl Ads: The ultimate term for advertising is those Super Bowl ads that are displayed in every game in the US. Doritos has consistently been one of the top stars on Super Bowl ads which have provided inspiration for a variety of advertisers the across the globe.
5. A strong association with youthful energy and youth: Doritos has always been constant in making sure that their positioning is evident throughout all aspects of marketing. It is the use of colors such as orange or red, or flavorings such as cheese and chili or the way in which names are set for their various variations like the cool original, cheese with tang, or heat blast, Doritos can establish a strong association for their brand with young people.
6. Local Flavoring: Doritos knows the regional flavor of each area and creates flavors that are suited to their palates. For instance, Japan has Tuna Mayonnaise Doritos and Clam Chowder Doritos and in line with Turkish preferences, Doritos created Yogurt as well as Mint Doritos as well as Belgium offers the pure flavor of paprika Doritos.
Doritos Weaknesses – Doritos SWOT Analysis
1. Negative health perceptions :It is now proven without doubt that chips are unhealthy snacks are unhealthy and people are doing to stay clear of them. This has adversely affected the selling of many chips brands.
2. Insufficient market presence, especially in the emerging economies: Though Doritos has been trying to expand into the emerging markets, they’ve been slow in gaining entry and haven’t been able to overtake local competitors.
3. distribution Prices: Frito Lays follows direct delivery to the store distribution system, and when you consider its distribution network, the distribution costs are excessively high. Freshness of the snacks is essential to the taste. There are high prices associated with the packaging.
4. The competition from internal brands: In emerging markets, Doritos is under the stress of competition mostly from internal brands such as Lays, Cheetos and Rold Gold.
Doritos Opportunities – Doritos SWOT Analysis
1. Positive Trends: The economic developments in the emerging market, such as the growth in per-capita income, increased consumption of food, increased amount of shopping, and the increased spending habits due to psychological patterns like a reduced time for cooking the habit of skipping breakfast, etc. increase the need for snacking. This favorably influences expansion in the snack segment.
2. Untapped rural market: n India where Frito Lays already has a prominent presence with brands like Lays and Cheetos and Cheetos, there’s an untapped rural market. This offers an enormous opportunity for Doritos.
Doritos Threats – Doritos SWOT Analysis
1. Competition: Some of the major competitors of Doritos are Pringles, Planters, Pays, Cheetos and Uncle Chips.
Doritos SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Doritos has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.