ConAgra SWOT Analysis Analyzes, Conagra Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a consumer packaged goods food company in North America. The company operates through Grocery & Snacks, Refrigerated & Frozen, International, and Foodservice segments. The Grocery & Snacks segment primarily offers shelf stable food products in various retail channels in the United States.
The Refrigerated & Frozen segment provides temperature-controlled food products in various retail channels in the United States. The International segment offers food products in various temperature states in retail and foodservice channels outside of the United States. The Foodservice segment offers food products, including meals, entrees, sauces, and various custom-manufactured culinary products packaged for sale to restaurants and other foodservice establishments in the United States.
Did You Know?
In 1982, during a low in the poultry cycle, ConAgra moved to take first place in the chicken industry by forming Country Poultry, Inc.
ConAgra was founded in 1919 by Frank Little and Alva Kinney, who brought together four grain mills as Nebraska Consolidated Mills(NCM). Initially headquartered in Grand Island, Nebraska, it moved to Omaha in 1922. The company ran at a profit until 1936, when Kinney retired.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by ConAgra.
ConAgra At A Glance – ConAgra SWOT Analysis
Company: Nebraska Consolidated Mills
Founders: Frank Little | Alva Kinney
Year of establishment: 1919, Grand Island, Nebraska, United States
CEO: Sean Connolly
Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 18,600
Ticker Symbol: CAG
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$11.054 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$5.12 Billion
Products & Services: Duncan Hines® | Birds Eye® | Healthy Choice® | Marie Callender’s® | Reddi-wip® | Slim Jim® | Angie’s® BOOMCHICKAPOP® | Duke’s® | Earth Balance® | Gardein™ | Frontera®
Company Website: www.conagrabrands.com
Top ConAgra Competitors
ConAgra SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of ConAgra
SWOT Analysis Of ConAgra analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With ConAgra SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about ConAgra SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of ConAgra.
ConAgra Strengths – ConAgra SWOT Analysis
- Reliable suppliers It has a solid base of reliable suppliers of raw materials, allowing the company to bypass any bottlenecks in the supply chain.
- Solid Brand Portfolio Through the years, ConAgra Foods has invested in creating a brand portfolio that is strong. The SWOT analysis conducted by ConAgra Foods just underlines this fact. The brand portfolio is very useful when a company is looking to expand to new categories of products.
- Customer satisfaction is high The company through its dedicated department for managing customer relations has been able to reach an extremely high level of satisfaction from its existing customers and high brand loyalty among prospective customers.
- A strong dealer community has created a culture of dealers, distributors & dealers in which dealers do not just promote the their products, but also invest in educating sales personnel to inform the customer how to get maximum value from the product.
- Excellent performance in new Markets Excellent Performance in New Markets ConAgra Foods has built expertise in establishing new markets and making a success of these markets. The growth has allowed ConAgra Foods to create a new revenue streams and diversify its risks of the economy within the markets that it operates in.
- Automating processes has ensured consistency in the quality of ConAgra Foods products and has allowed the company to increase and decrease its production according to the demands on the market.
- A track record of success in the development of innovative products and services.
- Experienced track record of successfully merging complementary firms via mergers & acquisitions. It has successfully integrated a number of tech companies over the past few years in order to reduce its operational costs and create an effective supply chain.
ConAgra Weaknesses – ConAgra SWOT Analysis
- The financial planning process isn’t executed properly and effectively. The current ratio of assets and the ratio of liquid assets suggest the business can make use of cash more effectively than it does currently.
- There are some gaps in the range of products offered by the company. The lack of variety could allow a new competitor to gain advantage on the market.
- The way in which the products were promoted left much to be wanted. While the product is successful in terms of sales but its positioning and distinctive selling point isn’t clear, leading to attacks on this market from competitors.
- Days inventory is higher compared to other companies – requiring the company raise capital to invest into the channel. This can affect the growth over the long run of ConAgra Foods
- The structure of the organization is in line with the present business model, thereby limiting expansion of adjacent product categories.
- The company is not in a position to meet the challenges presented by the new players in the sector and has also lost a small market share in small-scale categories. ConAgra Foods has to build internal feedback mechanisms directly from its sales representatives on the ground in order to overcome these issues.
- It is not very successful in merging firms with a different work culture. Like we said earlier, even though ConAgra Foods is successful at the integration of small businesses, it does have its fair share of failures to integrate firms with different workplace way of life.
ConAgra Opportunities – ConAgra SWOT Analysis
- The tax reforms could profoundly alter the ways of business, and could create new opportunities for established companies like ConAgra Foods to increase its profits.
- Environmental policies that are new – These opportunities will provide an even playing field for all players in the market. This is a fantastic chance for ConAgra Foods to drive forward its advantages in the field of new technologies and increase sales share within the emerging category of products.
- Government green drive also offers the door for the purchase of ConAgra Foods products by the state and federal contractors for the government.
- The economic recovery and the increase in consumer spending, following years of recession and a slow growth rate in the sector could be an opportunity for ConAgra Foods to capture new customers and expand their market share.
- The development in the market will result in the dilution of the advantage of competitors and allow ConAgra Foods to increase its effectiveness in comparison to its competitors.
- A steady flow of cash provides the opportunity to invest in other product segments. If there is more money in the bank the company is able to invest in the latest technology as well as new product segments. This could open up a door of possibility for ConAgra Foods in other product segments.
- New customers are coming from the online channels – In the last few years, the company has invested a huge amount of money into its online platform. This investment has led to the opening of a new sales channels for ConAgra Foods. In the coming years, ConAgra Foods can capitalize on this opportunity by understanding the needs of its customers better and meeting their needs with massive data-driven analytics.
- Lowering the cost of transportation as a result of lower shipping costs can reduce the price of the products offered by ConAgra Foods, which can provide an opportunity to the business – either to increase its profits or transfer the advantages to its customers to increase market share.
ConAgra Threats – ConAgra SWOT Analysis
- The growing strength of local distributors can pose a threat to certain markets, as competitors are paying higher prices to local distributors.
- The company could be sued in different markets due to various laws and constant changes about the standards for products in these markets.
- A lack of regular supply of novel products. Over time, the company has created a variety of items, however they are typically a in response to developments by other companies. The supply of new products isn’t regularly occurring, which results in large and low fluctuations in sales numbers over a period of time.
- A rising demand for raw materials can be an opportunity for ConAgra Foods profitability.
- Insufficient skilled labor force in certain markets around the world is an obstacle to the steady growth in the profits for ConAgra Foods in those markets.
- The laws governing liability in different countries differ in each country. ConAgra Foods may be exposed to liability claims arising from a modifications to the laws in these markets.
- The imitation of counterfeit product and of low quality can be a danger to the ConAgra Foods’ product, especially in emerging markets as well as the low income market.
- The changing buying habits of consumers from the online shopping could pose an attack on the current physical infrastructure-driven the supply chain.
ConAgra SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that ConAgra has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.