Coca-Cola SWOT Analysis analyzes, The Coca-Cola Company, American corporation founded in 1892 and today engaged primarily in the manufacture and sale of syrup and concentrate for Coca-Cola, a sweetened carbonated beverage that is a cultural institution in the United States and a global symbol of American tastes. The company also produces and sells other soft drinks and citrus beverages. With more than 2,800 products available in more than 200 countries, Coca-Cola is the largest beverage manufacturer and distributor in the world and one of the largest corporations in the United States. Headquarters are in Atlanta, Georgia.
Did you know?
The Coca-Cola recipe is kept in a secure vault, At the World of Coca-Cola museum in Atlanta, you can visit The Vault of the Secret Formula exhibit, where the recipe is held.
It was invented by Dr. John S. Pemberton, a chemist in Atlanta, Georgia, who marketed the beverage to locals at Jacobs’ Pharmacy in the late 1880s. It only took about three years before the production of Coca-Cola became a lucrative business. Atlanta businessman Asa Griggs Candler bought the rights to the beverage and by 1895, Candler had build syrup plants in Dallas, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Coca-Cola.
Coca Cola At A Glance – Coca Cola SWOT Analysis
Company: The Coca-Cola Company
Founders: Asa Griggs Candler
Year of establishment: 29 January 1892, Atlanta, Georgia, United States
CEO: James Quincey
Headquarters: The Coca-Cola Company is headquartered in Atlanta, GA and has 48 offices located throughout the US.
Employees (Dec 2020): 86,200
Ticker Symbol: KO
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$33.01 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$7.7 Million
Products & Services: Coca-Cola | Diet Coke | Coke Zero | Flavored Coca-Cola/Diet Coke | Coca-Cola Energy
Company Website: www.coca-colacompany.com
Coca Cola Competitors
Coca Cola SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Coca Cola
SWOT Analysis Of Coca Cola analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Coca Cola SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Coca Cola SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Coca Cola.
Coca Cola Strengths – Coca Cola SWOT Analysis
1. Brand Equity: Interbrand in 2011 has awarded Coca Coca-Cola with the top branding equity prize. Coca Coke, with its extensive global reach and distinctive branding is certainly one of the brands with the highest price with the most equity in its brand.
2. Valuation of the Company: One of the largest corporations around the globe Coca-Cola is valued at 79.2 million dollars. This figure includes branding value, multiple factories and assets spread around the globe and the total operation profits and costs of Coca Coca-Cola.
3. A vast global presence: Coca Cola is available in more than 200 countries around the globe. It is likely that in wherever you go to, there is coca cola on the marketplace. This global spread of coca cola has helped in the creation of the huge branding.
4. The largest market share: There are only two major competitors in the beverage sector that are Pepsi as well as Coca Cola. From the two coca cola, the former wins by a clear margin and is the one with the biggest market share. In comparison to all other drinks such as Coke, Thums Up, Sprite, Diet coke, Fanta, Limca and Maaza are the major growth engines of Coca Cola.
5. Amazing advertising strategies: The marketing strategy of HTML0 is awe-inspiring. Coca coke, unlike Pepsi always strives to win the hearts of people. While Pepsi’s goals changes constantly, and is focused on young people Coca Cola is aimed at consumers from all age groups. Targeting is also done by celebrities. targeting is also carried out by famous people who are popular such as Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar, Aishwarya Rai, Aamir Khan, Sachin Tendulkar and many more.
6. Customers Loyalty: With such powerful products, it’s no surprise that Coca Cola enjoys plenty of customers who are loyal. The mentioned brands such as Coca Cola along with Fanta have a large popularity. They are popular drinks over other. Due to the delicious flavor of Coca coke, finding substitutes can be a problem for the consumer.
7. Distribution network: The HTML0 distribution network Coca coke is the most powerful distributive network due to the market demand from markets for their products. However thanks to this thriving system of distribution Coca-Cola has managed to achieve an impressive market share.
Coca Cola Weaknesses – Coca Cola SWOT Analysis
1. Competing with Pepsi: Pepsi is a source of contention for Coca Coke. Coca-Cola would have been the obvious leading brand in the market without Pepsi. The competition between both brands is huge and we aren’t sure Pepsi will be able to give up this easily.
2. Product diversion: Product Diversification is not as high where Pepsi is making the right choice and diversified into the snack segment by offering products such as Lays as well as Kurkure, Coca cola is absent from this segment. It is also a profitable revenue generator for Pepsi and, had Coca coke been available in this market the products could have been a great revenue generator that the firm could have enjoyed.
3. Inconsistency in health drinks: If you are a fan of the news, then you recognize how obesity has become a huge issue that is affecting the population of today. Business setting changes and more people take actions to ensure they’re not over weight. Carbonated drinks are among the primary reasons for consumption of fats in the United States. Coca cola is the largest producer of Carbonated drinks. In conclusion, the consumption of drinks in developed countries could decrease as people opt for healthier options.
4. The management of water: Water management Coca Coke has been in the news in the past for the issues with water management. A number of groups have filed lawsuits against Coca Cola due to their massive consumption of water, even in areas with water shortages. However some have blamed Coca coke for mixing pesticides into the water to eliminate contamination. Therefore, water management has to be improved for Coca Cola.
Coca Cola Opportunities – Coca Cola SWOT Analysis
1. Diversification: Diversification Diversity in the food and health industry will increase the range of Coca Coke to its customers. It will also ensure that they make more money from existing customers through cross-selling the products. They can also use their chain of supply chain that distributes their beverages may also be distributing these snacks and share the burden of supply chain expenses.
2. Developing nations: While developed countries have high levels of Coca coke, these countries are gradually moving to healthier drinks. However , the developing countries are being exposed to the joy of carbonated beverages and soft drinks. Countries such as India that are in the process of developing and experience hot summers, have found that how much consumption of chilled drinks nearly increased by a third during summer. This means that the greater consumption of cold drinks in the developing world could be an excellent chance to make money from Coca Cola.
3. Drinking water that is packaged: Hygiene is now an important element in the consumption of water, packaged drinking water has made its way into people’s minds. Coca-Cola is a prominent player in the packaged drinking water market, but not Kinley. While Kinley’s growth is slow at present, Kinley has a huge possibility of growth. Therefore, Coca cola as a company should be focused on the growth of Kinley as an entity and build it with Bisleri levels of confidence.
4. Improvement in the supply chain: Supply chain improvement be a major drain on cost hole , with transportation costs constantly increasing. Coca-Cola’s entire business is dependent on distribution and transportation. There is always the chance of improvement in this field. Therefore Coca-Cola should keep a close watch over its supply chain and continue developing to bring costs down.
5. Market the less well-known products: In the collection of Coca Cola There are many items that haven’t gained acceptance in the marketplace. Coca Cola needs to concentrate on marketing these products, too. It is believed that Coca Cola has made numerous expenses in order to launch these products. This means that the promotion and subsequent increase of sales of these items will boost the revenue of Coca cola.
Coca Cola Threats – Coca Cola SWOT Analysis
1. Raw material source: Water is the sole danger to Coca Cola. The weak point of Coca Cola was the alleged use of pesticides, or the massive usage of water. The danger in this case is that water shortage is rising. As the climate changes and different regions of countries experiencing water scarcity eventually, someone could take a swipe at beverages companies. So, water sourcing is an an axe that could fall at any time on the Coca Cola head. If water supply is cut off or rationed, Coca-Cola could suffer a significant drop in its revenue and capacity to distribute. It could also affect its closest competitor Pepsi also.
2. Direct competitors: Coffee chains such as Starbucks cafe Coffee Day, Costa coffee are rising. These chains provide a healthy challenge against Coca colas Carbonated beverages. They may not represent a significant challenge for Coke but they reduce the beverage market. Similar to that, health drinks such as Real as well as Tropicana and energy drinks such as Red bull as well as Gatorade have been taking from the market in indirect ways.
Coca-cola SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that Coca Cola has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.