1. Services: One of the main factors that have led to the success of Chick-fil A is their flawless services to customers. For fast food outlets, this is a unique thing as most operate using a self-service model. This is what makes each outlet unique.
2. Sandwich, not a Burger: In the US burger is often associated with beef. Chick-fil-A doesn’t offer hamburgers. Instead they offer chicken sandwiches, which include chicken filling and patties. In a time when there is much discussion regarding the health risks associated with red meat, it aids the fast food outlets significantly.
3. Ambience in a restaurant: Most fast food restaurants aim at a high-turnover and don’t expect their customers to spend a long hours eating. Their decor is basic and formal. But in the case of Chick-fil-A, this isn’t the case. They try to make their environment as welcoming as they can with the use of warm shades as well as graffiti on the walls, and images of their employees.
4. People are savvy employers: Chick-fil-A pays their employees far more than the industrial average, and offers them numerous possibilities for advancement in their careers. They place the most importance to their staff as well as their happiness.
5. Face-to-face order: Quite unlike the competitors, you get the impression that you’re being provided with a personal service at every location of Chick-fil-A. This gives customers the impression that they are welcome at the restaurant, which is not the case at other fast food establishments.
Chick-fil-A Weaknesses – Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis
1. Poor geographical distribution: Chick-fil-A does not have presence in any other countries than the USA. Their overall appeal is low in comparison to the competition, and they do not belong to the top competition in the fast food industry.
2. Costs are expensive: in comparison with their competitors, Chick-fil A is more expensive. While their food and services justifies the price being charged, the brand isn’t very well-known with the middle and lower-income categories within the US.
3. Retention of customers: The fast food industry is expanding quicker than the market can handle and therefore customers have no shortage of options. There isn’t much loyalty, and consequently the relatively costly fast food restaurants like Chick-fil A have a lot of trouble to keep customers.
4. Low innovation: It’s becoming increasingly important that fast food businesses improve not just their menus, but as well with their suppliers and marketing. For big-scale brands that are profitable due to the volume of sales this is a straightforward task. But for a brand such as Chick-fil A, which is not a global brand and has no sales volume, this is a tough task to overcome.
Chick-fil-A Opportunities – Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis
1. Healthful fast foods: With the growing publicity about the health hazards of eating fast food, it’s becoming more important for fast food companies to redesign themselves and concentrate on healthy fast food alternatives. This will open up new markets for fast food businesses as well as increase their number of customers.
2. The focus is on fast food eateries: The poor customer service of fast food restaurants has led customers to shift their preferences toward fast food establishments such as Chick-fil A, where the focus is on the level of service. This presents the perfect possibility for Chick-fil A to capitalize on.
Chick-fil-A Threats – Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis
1. Chicken scandals: There are numerous scandals mostly centered around fast food restaurants that employ chicken as their main ingredient, which is a result of the amount and quality of the chicken they use. These are causing anxiety among customers and many have decided to stay away from these establishments.
Chick-Fil-A SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Chick-fil-A has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.