Did you know?
Asus is the largest manufacturer of motherboards in the world, with approximately 40% of the sector’s market share.
For the first time, the company became known in 1989. Then Asus (Taiwan) was founded by four enthusiasts who fled with another eminent Aser company. Naturally, they already had experience working with electronics, and therefore in a small apartment, it was decided to organize their own mini-concern.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by ASUS.
ASUS At A Glance – ASUS SWOT Analysis
Company: ASUSTek Computer Inc.
Founders: T.H. Tung | M.T. Liao | Ted Hsu | Wayne Hsieh
Year of establishment: 2 April 1989, Taipei City, Taipei, Taiwan
CEO: S.Y. Hsu | Samson Hu
Headquarters: Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan
Employees (Dec 2020): 17,000
Ticker Symbol: ASUUY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): NT$62.16 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): NT$12.14 Billion
Products & Services: 2-in-1s | Laptops | Tablet computers | Desktop computers | Smartphones | Personal digital assistants (PDAs) | Servers | Computer monitors | Motherboards | Graphics cards | Sound cards | DVD disc drives | Computer networking devices | Computer cases | Computer components | Computer cooling systems
Company Website: www.asus.com
Top ASUS Competitors
Competitors: Microsoft | Lenovo | Apple | Dell | Samsung | Hewlett Packard | Compaq | Acer | IBM | Intel | Acer | Pegatron | EIZO | GIGABYTE | Micro-Star International | Transcend Information | Xiamen Intretech | AMD
ASUS SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of ASUS
SWOT Analysis Of ASUS analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With ASUS SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about ASUS SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of ASUS.
ASUS Strengths – ASUS SWOT Analysis
1. The ASUS brand has been recognized with image and recognition: ASUS has been recognized as Taiwan’s top-performing internationally renowned brand. ASUS has received a record-breaking 4326 global and local awards in 2014. ASUS was also named one of the top companies of the world in 2014 by Fortune magazine. A solid branding image is a source of credibility for the company, which assists the company in delivering long-term growth in its business.
2. The Asus has a strong market share: ASUS is one of the leading five companies in the PC market with 7.6 percent of the market shares. and, in addition, it has a significant percentage of market shares in the motherboard market too.
3. Strong manufacturing in-house: ASUS has vertically integrated operations across various subsidiaries to produce components. Additionally, it has a fully integrated supply chain of operation. This permits ASUS to access faster the market and has also improved capabilities in development.
4. Deep product Portfolio: The biggest advantage for ASUS over its rivals is its product range. It offers a wide assortment of products that are renowned for its extensive product range and depth of product as well. For instance, the mix of products from ASUS include Desktops, Laptops, 2-in-1’s and all in One PC’s, portable monitors as well as media receivers, sound cards, and a myriad of other IT as well as tech associated products.
5. Cost-benefit Advantage in cost: Due to its huge capacity for production and its use of economies of scale, ASUS has cost competitive advantages over its rivals. Furthermore, the advantage is long-lasting due to the fact that Asus is expected to grow its size as well as its distribution capabilities in tandem with the increase of electronic usage across the globe.
6. The Asus is environment-conscious: Asus is an environmentally conscious format. This is a rarity in the world of electronics and computers however ASUS is well-known for its green operations. The company was able to have launched the campaign GREEN ASUS in 2000. This initiative has led to a variety of company-wide environmental measures being implemented. Apart from that the company also participated in “recycling to build a better future” which was a campaign in which they repurposed old computers, renovated them, and then donated computers to 122 schools as completely new computers.
7. Focused on R&D: In order to be a cost leader, it is essential to keep an in-depth knowledge of the most advanced technology. It is essential to push the boundaries and develop superior products that are less expensive. Thus, it is confidently stated that ASUS is an R&D-focused business and its main focus is on creating higher quality products for its consumers every day.
ASUS Weaknesses – ASUS SWOT Analysis
1. Insufficient Scale: While ASUS is a great manufacturer however distribution has not been up to standards. Comparatively to its main rivals like IBM, Lenovo, and Apple. ASUS has a revenue of around $16 million, which amounts to about 30% of Lenovo’s revenue and 15 percent of IBM’s revenue, and approximately one-twelfth of Apple’s revenues. ASUS isn’t as big and could hinder its ability to keep up with competitors.
2. Poor Marketing: Asus does not have marketing capabilities similar to those of Apple or Lenovo. Although Apple is considered to be a giant in the field of Marketing, Lenovo also regularly takes part in branding itself by differentiating its products and by using advertising and marketing strategies. However, these distinction initiatives are not present in ASUS.
3. Controversies: Asus was unable to win a significant legal battle in 2016, which negatively affected its brand’s reputation in a negative way. Asus was discovered to be infected by vulnerabilities in its software, which were loaded on their hardware. The information was made public in the course of ASUS running a campaign of WIFI’s and other digital devices that were shown on television. Because people’s privacy was affected, individuals were affected ASUS reputation was affected.
ASUS Opportunities – ASUS SWOT Analysis
1. Growing in the smartphone market: According to experts in the field, smartphones are expected to increase by a CAGR of 13% until 2018. In addition, there is a need for tablets that are always increasing and predicted to increase by around 7% at a CAGR. The positive outlook for the near future will certainly boost ASUS sales. The ASUS Zen phones have been an instant hit.
2. Chromebooks: The ASUS Chromebooks are loved by fans of chrome books because they are stylish and sleek, while at the same time they do the job. ASUS was one of the first to adopt Chrome OS and has used this same OS to develop the Chromebook.
3. Increase in disposable earnings: In the emerging nations, the penetration of the internet has grown, and with its disposable income. The population is more aware of the latest technology today, and ASUS can benefit from its presence in countries with high internet penetration.
4. The growth of the Asus Internet of Things and Cloud Computing market: ASUS can take advantage of the Internet of things and grow in the market of cloud computing. ASUS provides cloud-based services and IoT solutions that take a sensible method to serve customers. This means that the increasing demand will positively impact ASUS’s growth.
5. Differentiation and Marketing: The two ways ASUS could increase its market share and ensure its sustainability is by separating its business offering via marketing, and thus growing customer satisfaction and satisfaction with customers. In order to achieve this, the company is necessary to engage its clients within its own company including dealers as well as distributors, and develop strong relationships with them too.
ASUS Threats – ASUS SWOT Analysis
1. Demand for PC Notebooks, Laptops, and PCs: The Global demand for Laptops, PCs, and Notebooks is predicted to decrease by 2 percent CARC through the year. This could negatively impact a companies’ bottom line.
2. Competition: ASUS faces intense competition in the computer markets with big players in the industry, such as IBM, Apple, etc., and also faces a lot of competition in the tablet and smartphone market, with established and new players from the local and global markets.
3. Profit margins are decreasing: As competition grows the main pricing strategy used for all rivals is penetration pricing, because of which profit margins decrease for all players. Because ASUS isn’t differentiating its pricing, the loss on profit margins is likely to be substantial in the coming years.
Asus SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that ASUS has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.