Asics Strengths – Asics SWOT Analysis
1. Leader in Innovation: The company has made investments in research and development centers. They collaborate closely with female and male athletes to develop products which have revolutionized sports. They have used technologies such as core GEL cushioning system, Flyte foam techniques, Heel clutching systems to create performance-enhancing apparel and footwear in the market. ASICS recommends the most appropriate shoe for each customer using a unique software for gait analysis and static foot ID.
2. Sponsorship for International Teams and Players: ASICS sponsors Australia’s Western Bulldog team. ASICS sponsors Australia’s national cricket team and South Africa’s national rugby side by side. ASICS also sponsors Yuki Bhabri, an Indian professional tennis player. ASICS was officially approved as an IPC supplier on September 7, 2018. This is in support of the Paralympic Movement ASICS has established itself as a niche brand in sportswear by establishing relationships with international players and teams.
3. Global Presence, which results in strong reach: ASICS is represented in America, Europe and South Asia. ASICS India is in the process of adding over 20 mono-brand shops. ASICS also has options to own stores if it meets 30% of India’s sourcing requirements. ASICS has greater access to talent and more opportunities because of its global presence. ASICS has been able to expand its market share and reduce costs, thereby becoming more competitive.
AsicsWeaknesses – Asics SWOT Analysis
1. Absence of sports culture: There is a wide range of sports passions in different countries. ASICS has invested in sponsorship of a number players and clubs across the globe with the ultimate goal to reach a wider audience and to appeal to younger audiences. It is not easy for ASICS to create need in areas that aren’t populated by sports enthusiasts.
2. Brand dilution could result from diversification: ASICS is well-known for its shoes. It uses different technology to design shoes for different sports. This has helped build trust and brand value. It also offers accessories and fitness products. This might make it difficult to focus on marketing and sales of different products. The shoe portfolio could be affected by insufficient attention or insufficient resources. It might also prove difficult for the brand, which is global, to respond to changes in the market.
Asics Opportunities – Asics SWOT Analysis
1. Growth in the emerging market: Emerging markets include countries such as South Korea, India and Turkey, Turkey, Philippines, Philippines, Taiwan, Turkey, Turkey, Turkey, Philippines and others. A Nielsen survey found that China is the country with the greatest passion for sports, followed by Russia. These economies have a growing spending power and a developing culture of sports. ASICS could create product lines to meet local needs, and expand into new markets.
2. Product innovation and digitization: The brand must continue to focus on innovation and digitization of its products. There is increasing popularity in India for Kabaddi, which means that ASICS can create new technologies to make customized products for this particular sport. ASICS could invest in digitization and collaborate with activity tracking “wearables” segments.
3. Enhance Image: ASICS’ image was limited to running shoes. Customers didn’t pay much attention to the different product lines. The Shoe Company has been transformed into a wellness and health brand. This opportunity gives the brand the chance to use holistic market approach to engage customers with different product lines and increase affinity toward the brand.
Asics Threats – Asics SWOT Analysis
1. Counterfeit Products: Fake products can be found especially when they are sold online via ecommerce shops. There are many opportunities for counterfeiters in the internet to operate their businesses. ASICS, a sports brand, must protect its customers and preserve its image.
2. Macroeconomic Factors: The company’s presence across the globe means that it could be affected by changes in international trade policies, such as stability in different markets or currency fluctuations that affect the margins. The ongoing trade war between China and the USA will likely cause inflation on the US market, and force production to shift to the Asian Market. These unstable situations have the potential of causing severe disruption to the global supply chain.
3. Increasing Competition: ASICS has made significant investments in marketing the brand. It recently spent $1.5 million on the “I MOVE ME” campaign. This prevented it from sponsoring the New York City Marathon, which was then sponsored by New Balance. Addidas, Nike and Addidas are the main competitors. Amazon plans to launch its own activewear products, which could put a lot of pressure on brands. The tastes of young consumers are changing and they continue to search for new products that are more exciting. Each company wants to be at the forefront of the minds of millennial consumers. ASICS is very competitive in this market.
Asics SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Asics has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think?Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.