Android’s logo isn’t actually called Android. Google unofficially calls him Bugdroid.
Android was originally founded and developed by Rich Miner, Andy Rubin and Nick Sears under the name “Android, Inc”, but was bought by Google in 2005. It has been developed under the name “Google; Open Handset Alliance” ever since – a consortium of hardware, software, and telecommunication companies devoted to advancing open standards for mobile devices. The key decision in Android history was Google’s commitment to make Android an open-source operating system. That allowed it to become highly popular with third-party phone makers. Just a few years after the launch of Android 1.0, smartphones powered by the new OS were everywhere.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Android.
Android At A Glance – Android SWOT Analysis
Company: Google Inc.
Founders: Andy Rubin | Rich Miner | Nick Sears | Chris White
Year of establishment: 2003
CEO: Andrew E. Rubin
Headquarters: Mountain View, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 200
Ticker Symbol: GOOG
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$31 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$22 Billion
Products & Services: Android Services is not limited to mobile phones and tablets. It also works on your smartwatch, tv, personal computer, and other devices.
Company Website: www.android.com
Android SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Android
SWOT Analysis Of Android analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Android SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Android SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Android .
Android Strengths – Android SWOT Analysis
- Android has been supported with Google through collaboration with the Open Handset Alliance. The branding credibility of Google provides more trust and respect for Android OS than any other mobile OS.
- Google as a leading company in the technology space , is able to create lots of Mobile Applications which can be used in conjunction with the majority of Google Application using Gmail access
- Contrary to the Apple’s iOS Android is compatible with all the Android devices, including HTC, Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericson, Micromax and many more.
- Android is an open-source Mobile OS which has better adaptability and compatibility with a variety of devices. This allows developers to develop numerous free Apps to the Android the market
- Ease of Notification Affordability in Notification: Any SMS message or email, message sent from chat programs, updates is notified on the home screen
- Android is cost-effective and license agreements are transparent and have many stipulations. This allows Android mobile manufacturers to sell the products much less than other OSes such as Symbian iPhone Windows, RIM etc.
Android Weaknesses – Android SWOT Analysis 2023
- Multimedia support on Android mobile phones isn’t as great as Apple with its centralized repository known as iTunes.
- Because the majority of applications are completely free they have advertisements that are displayed in the lower or the top of the app. This is annoying for the user and diminishes satisfaction of the user.
- A majority of Android applications require a constant internet connection to function.
- Because Android OS is utilized by numerous mobile manufacturers, it must undergo the compatibility test to be conducted with those manufacturers before releasing an updated versions of its OS
- Android is always vulnerable to external threats such as malware since it is open to developers and the source code is able to be altered
Android Opportunities – Android SWOT Analysis
- A lot of mobile operators in the US are compatible with Android and this is one of the reasons behind the significant growth in sales
- Android market share has increased dramatically to 35 percent and is predicted to more than double in the next three years.
- Android OS is developer-friendly that can lead to the creation of sophisticated apps when as compared to other OS
- More attractive layouts for handsets storage and connectivity and messaging, Multi-language Support, support for web browsing Java support Tethering, Multi-touch screen capture, and tethering are just a few among the many highlights of Android
- The development of emerging nations within Asia as well as Africa is rising which has led to an increase in the sales of smartphones
Android Threats – Android SWOT Analysis
- Android is facing a serious competition by iOS from Apple’s iOS and any move towards making iOS compatible with other devices could lead to the loss of market share for Android.
- There are alternatives for Mobile OS like Symbian, RIM, iOS, Windows and many more.
- Android is vulnerable to security threats, such as viruses and malware that can cause harm to the mobile
- The most significant threat to Android is that downloading apps from sites that are not trusted. This could cause the whole system to crash or impact some applications on the mobile phone.
- Android’s lower cost allows installation in low-cost mobiles, which alters the user’s status quotient when in comparison to iPhone, Symbian, RIM etc.
- The most recent threat to Android was caused by Trojan virus transmitted via SMS as well as another threat due to it’s Tap Snake game.
Android SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Android has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.