SWOT Analysis Of Amul analyzes, Amul is among the biggest milk and milk-based products producer in India. It is known as the pioneer for the revolution of white in India, Amul has some powerful brands and products on its sleeves, with the strongest of which is Amul Ice Cream. In the same way, it is the Milk & Dairy products company offers a comprehensive portfolio of products collection that includes cheese curd, butter chocolates, ice-cream, chocolates and many more. The below link to learn more about the marketing strategy for Amul.
Did you know?
“The Amul girl was born in 1966. She already completed 50 years, Amul celebrated her golden jubilee a couple of years ago.”
Amul was founded by Tribhuvandas Patel under the direction of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first deputy prime minister of India. The Kaira District Milk Union Limited was then conceived in 1946. Tribhuvandas headed the organization until his death in the 70s.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Amul.
Amul At A Glance – Amul SWOT Analysis
Company: Anand Milk Union Limited
Founders: Verghese Kurien | Tribhuvandas Kishibhai Patel
Year of establishment: 14 December 1946
CEO: R.S. Sodhi
Employees (Dec 2020): 7,64,954
Ticker Symbol: Amul India Ltd. is not listed on BSE
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$5.4 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$1.2 Billion
Products & Services: Amul Milk | Butter | Bread Spreads | Dahi | Cheese Sauce | Beverage Range | Ice Cream | Milk Powders
Company Website: www.amul.com
Top Amul Competitors
Competitors: Kwality Walls | Baskin Robbins | Havmor | Vadilal | Dinshaws | Mother Dairy | Arun Ice Cream
Amul SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Amul
SWOT Analysis Of Amul analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Amul SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Amul SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Amul.
Amul Strengths – Amul SWOT Analysis
1. High market share in ice cream: Amul is the leader in market share in the ice-cream segment. This helps propel other brands onto the market.
2. Fantastic branding equity: Amul has been a cherished brand throughout the years, and the impact of Amul’s girl as well as her outdoor advertisements should be highlighted here.
3. Excellent quality control: even with an extensive and vast circulation network, not many complaints about quality are made against Amul.
4. The strong Distribution network Strong distribution network: This is a company that is extremely strong both in urban and rural distribution. There is Amul even in tiny cities and towns.
5. A good portfolio of products: Amul was a diversified product line when compared with any other fmcg firm. It offers a wide kinds of milk milk-based products like butter, cheese, dairy, buttermilk,, and many more. Also, in ice creams Amul offers a huge range of flavors
6. A strong supply chain: Vendors are in love with Amul in particular. Amul is famous for its white revolution that took place in India.
7. Rural presence: A strong rural presence for Amul is its advantage. This is discussed in isolation because it gives Amul a substantial advantages in competitiveness.
Amul Weaknesses – Amul SWOT Analysis
1. Price of Operation Cost of Operations: Amul’s operation is massive. The cost is also huge. In addition, the market is so that maintaining margins is difficult every day. In order to be able to compete against the international competitors, Amul needs to continue its operations as it has been doing the present day. This isn’t a weakness instead, but a continual issue for Amul. In reality during the summer months Amul faces a serious shortages of stock.
2. Chocolates: Amul’s expansion into chocolates has not worked and barely any of the Amul chocolates sells in the marketplace. Amul requires additional products to increase its range of products and improve its bottom line.
Amul Opportunities – Amul SWOT Analysis
1. Export: Amul is able to export their product to different countries, increasing its sales and profit margins by a significant amount.
2. Focus more on the chocolate sales The chocolate market is a major focus for Amul: Amul has an no-advertisement policy that can be a hindrance in its venture into new products. Amul should be able to establish separate SBU’s and focus more on expanding its product range with chocolates or other products.
Amul Threats – Amul SWOT Analysis
1. Increased competition in the Ice cream industry The market is crowded with competition: Many companies, both international and local have entered the ice cream market , thus taking away portion of the market of Amul. Kwality wall, Naturals, London dairy, Havmor, Arun ice cream, Vadilal, Ramani, are a few of the brands directly competing with Amul.
Amul SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Amul has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.