Did you know?
– AMD holds the record for the processor with Highest operating frequency at 8.24 GHz.
– More than 200 million gaming consoles worldwide are powered by AMD technology
AMD is focused on transforming user’s experience through its high-performance graphics and computing solutions. AMD is regarded as the sole company in the world with the highest-performance computing and graphics technologies. For any type of technology such as Gaming, AR, VR, Cloud, and Artificial Intelligence in which these applications need superior performance AMD combine these to create solutions. AMD’s products are backed by the Quality Policy. AMD has an Quality Policy that helps them to ensure that their products are up to the highest standard. The primary aim is to offer superior products to their customers. This can be achieved through a combination of efficient collaborations.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by AMD.
AMD At A Glance – AMD SWOT Analysis
Company: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Founders: Jerry Sanders | Edwin Turney | Jack Gifford | Sven Simonsen | Larry Stenger | Frank Botte | John Carey | Jim Giles
Year of establishment: 1 May 1969, Sunnyvale, California, United States
CEO: Lisa Su
Headquarters: Santa Clara, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 15,500
Ticker Symbol: AMD
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$9.76 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$2.49 billion
Products & Services: Microprocessors | Motherboard chipsets | Embedded processors | Graphics processors for servers | Workstations | Personal computers
Company Website: www.amd.com
Competitors: Marvell Technology | Qualcomm | Synopsys | Intel | NVIDIA
AMD SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis Of AMD analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With AMD SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about AMD SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of AMD.
AMD Strengths – AMD SWOT Analysis
1. High-Performance Computer: AMD is focused on transforming user’s life by providing high-performance computing and graphics products. AMD is regarded as to be the only company in the world with high-performance computing and graphics technology.
2. AMD Quality Policy: AMD’s devices come with a quality policy. AMD has an Quality Policy that helps them to ensure that their products are up to top quality. The primary objective is to provide top-quality products to customers. These are made possible by combining and efficient collaborations.
3. Key areas: Key Areas of HTML0 AMD is a well-known branding recognition within the Microprocessor and PC market. This is a major advantage for AMD.
4. Technology and Innovation: AMD creates breakthroughs in graphics, high-performance computing and graphics technology.
5. Global Operations: AMD operates its global business operations that include International sales and service offices as well as R&D centers, joint ventures that include manufacturing facilities for assembly and testing and assembly/test in China as well as Malaysia.
6. Strategic Sourcing: AMD uses a documented process of strategic sourcing that assists to ensure an solid match between a project’s requirements and the capabilities of the supplier.
7. Outstanding research and Research and Development: The team at AMD are renowned for their research and development abilities, which lead to numerous new and innovative products.
8. With fewer competitors: There are fewer competitors AMD principal area of Graphical Processing Unit and Microprocessor has just one competitor on the market. That is, in actual an enormous advantage for the company’s business.
9. Technologies: AMD has developed products that interface with technologies such as CPU, Graphics and a variety of other software.
10. Achieving History: Track Record: AMD has established a long-lasting track record in the development of new products.
11. Guinness World Record Achievement: AMD was awarded an Guinness World Record Achievement for its creation of ‘The Most High frequency of an Intel Computer Processor’ in the year 2011.
AMD’s Weaknesses – AMD SWOT Analysis
1. Lower Performance of the Computing Segment: The company AMD is predicting a low performance in the computing segment due the advent of mobile devices and tablets.
2. The less seen in Mobile Market: The mobile market is a bit less crowded AMD is ignoring the mobile market, where there’s plenty of business transactions that are conducted via mobile today.
3. Lower Market share: The market share of HTML0 is less. AMD has a high level of competition, because of this, it has little chance of capturing large market share.
4. Quality Problems: Quality Issues AMD has had issues with regards to quality over the many years. This is, in reality an issue that is a major weakness for the company’s reputation.
AMD’s Opportunities – AMD SWOT Analysis
1. Permeate to Mobile Market : AMD should broaden its operations to tablets and mobile platforms. There is an increasing amount of commercial activity that is conducted on mobile devices, and it is imperative to penetrate into the mobile market, too.
2. New product as well as Services: AMD should increase its product range and services in order to create greater business prospects.
3. Virtualization Space: The company must expand its operations in the Virtualization Space to gain more visibility , which will allow it to gain more opportunities.
4. Lost cost CPU: AMD should develop low-cost CPUs for the new markets that can provide the companies with higher value.
5. New Trends in Consumer Behavior: Trends in consumer’s behavior could open an opportunity for AMD. This is an ideal chance for AMD to create new revenue streams, and expand to different product categories too.
AMD’s Threats – AMD SWOT Analysis
1. Rivals: Competitors AMD has two competitors that are major players on the market: AMD and Nvidia as well as Intel.
2. Environmental Regulations: Different environmental regulations pose extremely harmful to existing product categories , and could impact the production.
3. Rise in Raw Materials: Rising raw material can pose a serious risk to the profits of AMD.
AMD SWOT Analysis Template
This is the SWOT report that AMD has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.