Airbnb SWOT Analysis Analyzes, Airbnb is a company that provides lodging. Airbnb can be described as an American online market site and a hotel service brokerage business founded in its peak in 2008, and has its situated within San Francisco, California, United States. Airbnb has its presence in more than 192 countries. Airbnb users can make use of the service to provide or arrange travel lodging, accommodation, or homestays. Airbnb does not have any properties, neither does it organize events.
Did You Know? Airbnb offers around 6 million places to stay in throughout the world.
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Airbnb.
Airbnb At A Glance – Airbnb SWOT Analysis
Company: Airbnb, Inc.
Founders: Brian Chesky | Joe Gebbia | Nathan Blecharczyk
Year of establishment: August 2008, San Francisco, California, United States
CEO: Brian Chesky
Headquarters: San Francisco, California, United States
Employees (Dec 2020): 5,465
Ticker Symbol: ABNB
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$1.34 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$834 Million
Products & Services: Listing and renting local homes | Vacation homes | Unique | B&B and Boutiques | Besides launching luxury products Airbnb Plus and Beyond by Airbnb
Top Airbnb Competitors
Competitors: Vrbo | Booking.com | Tripadvisor | Agoda | Expedia | TUI Villas | TravelStaytion | HomeToGo | Plum Guide | Google | Booking.com | The Plum Guide | Sonder | Homes and Villas by Marriott International | Casamundo | Tripping.com | FlipKey | OneFineStay | Luxury Retreats
Airbnb SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Airbnb
SWOT Analysis Of Airbnb analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Airbnb SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Airbnb SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Airbnb.
Airbnb Strengths – Airbnb SWOT Analysis
1. Well-established Brand: Airbnb is a well-established brand and has a good image in public where it is operating. The company’s business model enables the company to compete with low prices in comparison with hotels and guests.
2. Product Expansion: Airbnb has expanded its products outside its core accommodations, thereby aiming to set up an end to end travel platform. It also expanded its operations into by allowing guests to book activities with guides like guided tours, cooking classes, and meetups.
3. A Cheaper Alternative to Hotels: Airbnb is considered as a cheaper alternative to other resorts and hotels. The prices for the services are competitive that are based on location. Customers can shop around, and they can choose the place that fits in their budget.
4. Global Recognition: Airbnb has been recognized at the global level, and they see many users that include hosts and guests.
5. Airbnb Plus: Airbnb Plus is a special feature provided by Airbnb that was launched during the year 2018. The various options under Airbnb Plus are additional amenities like those found in hotels, right from standard to luxury listings.
6. Airbnb Collections: Airbnb Collections that was launched by Airbnb during the year 2018, features homes that are ideal for any specific occasions. The various options under Airbnb collections include Airbnb for work, Airbnb for families and homes for dinner parties, gatherings, and weddings. Airbnb for work provides various tools for companies that manage many work-related travels of employees.
7. Social Media Presence: Airbnb has its presence on many social media platforms to gain maximum visibility among the customers.
8. Good Customer Service: Airbnb provides goods customer service 24/7 that is one of the main strengths of the company. When they make the customers happy, there are a lot of users for them.
Airbnb Weaknesses – Airbnb SWOT Analysis
1. Laws and Regulations Violations: Airbnb faces problems from violating various housing laws and regulations.
2. Being Poor Hosts: Being a poor host can damage the company’s reputation. If in any case, the host does not follow the Airbnb guidelines, they can face the consequences. When there are poor ratings and backlash on social media, it hits the company’s profit in the current business world.
3. Easy to Copy its Business Model: Airbnb business model is easy to copy, and it is a huge weakness for its success.
4. The Objectivity of Guest Review System: Airbnb has structured a review system, wherein the guests and hosts can rate each other after they are done with their stay. Hosts and guests are not able to see reviews when both have given a review.
5. Criticized for Higher Prices: Airbnb has been criticized for resulting in a high price for the stay. The rental prices in a few areas have increased due to keeping their properties off the long-term rental market and instead of that get higher rental rates for short-term housing through Airbnb.
Airbnb Opportunities – Airbnb SWOT Analysis
1. Expand into Emerging Markets: Airbnb can expand into emerging markets having less competition. This provides a huge business opportunity.
2. Expand its product: Airbnb can expand its product mix and offerings. This will help them to serve the customers better. For example, it can expand its product by providing travel guides, car rentals, etc.
3. Mobile App Usage: As the usage of mobile app increases, Airbnb has initiated a mobile app that will facilitate the hosts and guests to get connected easily.
4. Low Price and Personal Touch: Airbnb’s low price and personal touch-enabled them to get their visibility across and gain more revenue.
Airbnb Threats – Airbnb SWOT Analysis
1. Laws and Regulations in every Country: Airbnb services are available across in about 192 countries. Each state and country have got its laws and regulations to obey. The company should carefully rely on guests and hosts so that they could meet the local laws.
2. Lawsuits: The company is already facing some lawsuits and fines across the world in places like New York, Florida, etc. The Barcelona Authorities has fined the Airbnb company with about 30,000 Euros for violating the tourism laws. Even the New York Authorities has fined Airbnb for running illegal hotels.
3. Competitors: There sees a lot of competitor for Airbnb like VRBO, tripping, tripping.com, and many more. This can give a tough time for the Airbnb company.
Airbnb SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Airbnb has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.