Did you know?
The company got its start as a local warehousing provider in Kuwait and grew to become the largest logistics company in the Middle East. It acquired more than 40 logistics brands around the world.
Agility Logistics was established in 1979 as a state-owned company in Kuwait. Its original name was Public Warehousing Co. (PWC). Tarek Sultan was named chairman and managing director when the company was privatized in 1997. Agility is a global logistics company with $5.1 billion in annual revenue and more than 26,000 employees in some 100 countries. It is one of the world’s top freight forwarding and contracts logistics providers, and a leader and investor in technology to enhance supply chain efficiency.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Agility Logistics.
Agility Logistics At A Glance – Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis
Company: Public Warehousing Co. (PWC)
Founders: Tarek Sultan
Year of establishment: 1979, Kuwait
CEO: Tarek Sultan
Headquarters: Sulaibiya, Kuwait
Employees (Dec 2020): 10,001
Ticker Symbol: AGLTY
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$5.4 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$137.3 Million
Products & Services: Freight forwarding | Contract logistics | 2PL warehousing facilities | Supply chain solutions | Transportation | Shipping | Warehousing | Packaging | Disposal | Security services
Company Website: www.agility.com
Top Agility Logistics Competitors
Competitors: Kuehne + Nagel | APL Logistics | DB Schenker | CEVA Logistics | Gulf Warehousing | The Malcolm Group | LEGACY Supply Chain Services | OIA Global
Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Agility Logistics
SWOT Analysis Of Agility Logistics analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Agility Logistics.
Agility Logistics Strengths – Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis
1. Diverse customer portfolios: Agility Logistics caters to many types of clients from different industries like automotive, chemicals defense and the consumer goods industrial, oil and gas, and the federal government.
2. Experience in the emerging markets: Agility Logistics focuses primarily on new markets because they believe that, following the recession, there are a lot of need as well as supply shortages in emerging economies, which has increased the demand for logistics solutions there.
3. End-to-end Logistics services: Agility offered end-to-end logistics services via rail, air and even sea. A few of their offerings comprise supply chain management, transport and warehouses as well as project logistics, logistical logistics for chemical exhibitions and exhibitions , and managing household goods.
4. Acquisitions in a series: To grow to become the leading logistics firm across the Middle East, Agility Logistics was associated with more than forty logistics companies from all over the globe.
5. Large web: Agility Logistics is the largest logistics service network in the world , with operations across more than 100 countries and more than 22,000 employees. Agility Logistics has established themselves as a logistics service that is integrated company since they are involved in various industries, providing all-inclusive logistics services.
Agility Logistics Weaknesses – Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis
1. Dependence too much on individuals: The logistics sector is a labour- high business, and to improve their services, they need to be focused on people. The excessive dependence of the company on employees can make it difficult managing regular training, regular evaluations, performance appraisals, and frequent raises in pay.
2. A huge capital expense: Logistics is a balance between machine, man and skills, and the growth of returns is contingent on the exactness with which orders are fulfilled. To achieve this, it’s essential to invest massive sums in the correct type of equipment for transport as well as the appropriate personnel and to train their skills sets. To top it all off, technology is also a crucial part, which can be an additional cost. This is the reason why Agility spend huge sums on the best technology.
3. Poor customer service: The company focuses mostly on emerging economies, which have inadequate infrastructure across many regions, especially in remote areas. Delivery and customer service are frequently insufficient from Agility, which causes frustration in their minds and results in losing business.
4. Low brand recall: Agility Logistics is an relatively new company in the industry and, therefore, doesn’t have the brand or name recognition which many of their previous competitors such as UPS or FedEx benefit from.
5. Insufficient presence in developed countries: Agility Logistics has focused on emerging economies, and has not been able to build a robust market presence in the USA as well as Europe in which logistics has become an increasing need.
Agility Logistics Opportunities – Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis
1. Attention to urban migration: In emerging economies, which have less the scope of agriculture there is a rise in the in the rate of rural to urban migration. It means that populations in towns and cities are likely to grow and when the population grows, there will be a rise in the demand to manage supply chains services for companies as well as household. This could be a huge chance for companies in logistics.
2. Digitization: Digitization presents an enormous opportunity for logistics businesses in terms of reducing of expenses. It will also alter the logistics industry which was once a labor intensive to become a tech-based.
Agility Logistics Threats – Agility Logistics SWOT Analysis
1. The satisfaction of customers: Satisfying the customer is a major concern for logistics firms since their customers have extremely particular requirements. This could lead to the use of technologies such as robotics to enhance the last mile delivery process and increase the customization in logistics.
2. A changing landscape of competition: The competitive landscape is changing rapidly and due to the rising popularity of online retailers as well as 3PL providers, logistics firms like agility need to be vigilant to ensure that their businesses are kept.
This is the SWOT report that Agility Logistics has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.