Did you know? France is the top destination for Accor Hotels’ travelers with more than 1,500 hotels in France alone.
Accor has emerged thanks to Paul Dubrule and Gerard Pelisson in 1967. It was originally the Investment and Operating Hoteliers and created its first year Novotel Lille. The launch of the Ibis brand was materialized in 1974 with a first installation Bordeaux SIEH then becomes the owner of the same year the brand Courte Paille. A year later, the group acquired the Sofitel and Mercure brand in 1980.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Accor Hotels.
Accor Hotels At A Glance – Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis
Company: Accor S.A.
Founders: Paul Dubrule | Gérard Pelisson
Year of establishment: 1967
CEO: Juan Carlos Delgado
Headquarters: Issy-les-Moulineaux, France
Employees (Dec 2020): 260,000
Ticker Symbol: ACRFF
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): EURO€4.0 Billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): EURO€1.988 Billion
Products & Services: Accor S.A. is a French multinational hospitality company that owns, manages and franchises hotels, resorts and vacation properties
Company Website: group.accor.com
Top Accor Hotels Competitors
Competitors: Hilton Grand Vacations | Hilton Worldwide | Hyatt Hotels | Pierre Vacances | Marriott International | Best Western | Cendant Corporation | Choice International
Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Accor Hotels
SWOT Analysis Of Accor Hotels analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Accor Hotels.
Accor Hotels Strengths – Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis
1. Predominance across different categories: Accor Hotels has something to offer customers on any budget. The hotels that are budget-friendly comprise Ibis, Formula 1, and Motel 6. In the mid-tier the group includes Mercure Hotels and Adagio. Their premium brands include Novotel, Sofitel, Fairmont, Banyan Tree, and Raffles. This is why, in catering for all types of income The hotel has built an enormous customer base.
2. Network: Accor Hotels operates an enormous chain of resorts, hotels, and vacation homes. They operate in more than 100 countries across North, America, Latin America, Europe, North Africa, Asia Pacific and South Africa and they have an overall total of 4300 properties. The network spans various hotels and is a perfect fit for those who frequently travel for leisure or business.
3. Business model: In attempt to accelerate growth while not increasing costs in a hurry, Accor Hotels has developed an approach to franchising. So today, even though Accor Group is one of the largest players in hospitality industry, their hotels are managed by franchisees. They have strict rules for franchisees to adhere to, and they keep an eye on the activities of franchised properties, making sure that the standards are maintained.
4. Interaction with guests: The fundamental business principle that drives Accor Hotels is that guests are always made to feel welcomed. Some of the amenities available include the most lucrative loyalty programs as well as exclusive guest executives along with online checkout. Every contact point from registration until checkout are tracked and constant improvement is sought at every.
5. Loyalty programs: Accor Hotels is known as having one of the top loyalty programs in the industry. They have frequent guests who can avail a variety of privileges , such as complimentary nights after accumulating 2000 points, a free upgrade to higher classes as well as exclusive access to exclusive sales, online check-in , and the privilege of a privileged check-out.
6. Digital hospitality that is unique: The hotel chain has an database that includes more than 60 million customers tracking their preferences and then integrating the data into their services. The information they collect can be used to oversee over 100 countries in digital campaigns which use social media platforms, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Accor Hotels Weaknesses – Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis
1. The loss to online businesses: In the mid-tier and economic segments, Accor Hotels is losing its business to smaller hotels as well as online businesses such as Airbnb and Oyo Rooms. This hotel group has invested massively in improving their services, as well as their food and beverage section and has made an enormous cash expenditure.
2. The focus is on franchising: While franchising has assisted the hotel chain to cut expenses, its quality of service, particularly in the luxury hotels such as Novotel, Sofitel, Fairmont, Banyan Tree, and Raffles have been hampered because of a lack of focus.
3. A lot of emphasis on sub-brands: The Sub-brands that belong to Accor such as Ibis and Novotel and Mercuri are very well-known and are leading to a rift in consumers’ minds regarding the main brand and consumers are not aware of the name Accor.
Accor Hotels Opportunities – Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis
1. The growth of emerging markets: There exists a vast potential for hoteliers in emerging economies of Asia as well as Africa which is reflected in a rise in visitors to these areas. The growing business activity in these regions has caused a rise in business travelers, giving the an increase to companies like Ibis.
Accor Hotels Threats – Accor Hotels SWOT Analysis
1. Competitors: The main competitors of Accor Hotels are Starwood Hotels, Best Western, Cendant Corporation, Hilton Hotels Corporation and many more.
This is the SWOT report that Accor Hotels has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.