Did you know?
The name “Accenture” was suggested by Kim Petersen, an employee of the company at an internal competition, which was held at the company’s Norway office. The name is derived from a combination of the terms, Accent and Future.
Accenture was formally established in 1989 when a group of partners from the Consulting division of the various Arthur Andersen firms around the world formed a new organization focused on consulting and technology services related to managing large-scale systems integration and enhancing business processes. Accenture changed its name from Andersen Consulting in 2001 after severing ties from its parent company Arthur Andersen. The company went public on the NYSE in April, 2001. Its a good company to work with, pay and work life balance is also good. Project environment and structure of workflow is good. You can work in cutting edge technology and very competitive work environment. Annual increment and bonus are at market standard.
This can only be achieved through a firm with extensive knowledge, experience, and innovative strategies. To determine the strengths of the company potential, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats, it is necessary to conduct a SWOT analysis by Accenture.
Accenture At A Glance – Accenture SWOT Analysis
Company: Accenture plc
Founders: Clarence DeLany
Year of establishment: 1989, Hamilton, Bermuda
CEO: Julie Sweet
Headquarters: Dublin, Ireland
Employees (Dec 2020): 6,74,000
Ticker Symbol: ACN
Annual Revenue (Dec 2020): US$50 billion
Profit net income (Dec 2020): US$13.42 billion
Products & Services: Life Insurance & Annuity Platform (ALIP) | Comms & Media | Accenture Cloud | Accenture NewsPage | Public Service | Life Sciences
Company Website: www.accenture.com
Top Accenture Competitors
Competitors: Cognizant | TD SYNNEX | Capgemini | CGI, Atos | Infosys | Ernst & Young | PwC | McKinsey & Company | Boston Consulting Group | Bain & Company | Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) | Deloitte | DXC Technology | SAP | IBM Global Services | Coastal Cloud | KPMG | Skaled | Wipro
Accenture SWOT Analysis – SWOT Analysis Of Accenture
SWOT Analysis Of Accenture analyzes the brand based on its strengths weak points, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats. With Accenture SWOT Analysis it is clear that the advantages and disadvantages are internal factors, while threats and opportunities are external elements. Here we are going to talk about Accenture SWOT Analysis. Below Is The Detailed SWOT Analysis Of Accenture.
Accenture Strengths – Accenture SWOT Analysis
1. The largest consulting firm in the world: In terms of revenue , it’s the biggest consulting company that mainly concentrates on business consulting and IT. It’s a business with great ethics and uncompromising standards for top efficiency.
2. A large clientele: It has a vast client base, with many top-of-the-line companies using Accenture as consultants. Nearly 90 percent of fortune 100 top companies, and greater than 3 quarters of Fortune corporations in the global 500 have Accenture as a consultant firm.
3. Service Delivery Network Accenture has a global delivery networks that are present in over 200 cities in with 390,000 dedicated employees who are constantly working to deliver the highest quality service to the end-users.
4. Client driven methods: Strong business relations and a customer-focused approach of Accenture assists to create industry-based and sustainable value for their consultants.
5. Improvements continuously: Similar to the Kaizen in Toyota, Accenture continuously strives to enhance its capabilities by hiring more and more experienced employees to deliver their promise to their clients.
6. Different capacities: With its five operating groups that include communications, media and technology financial services, public and health services, as well as products resources, it has developed different capabilities within its team. The dedicated and skilled workforce in every vertical is the thing that distinguishes Accenture from other companies.
7. Experience: With its client base that spans from healthcare up to automotive as well as IT solutions, Accenture is brimming with expertise and talent in its back to help get the job completed. Thus, Accenture has become the “specialist” or “experts” across a variety of sectors.
Accenture Weaknesses – Accenture SWOT Analysis
1. Inconsistency in coordination: Accenture’s business unit has 19 that collaborate working with clients as well as in tandem with one another. This causes conflict due to the lack of coordination within the company.
2. Dependence of its business consulting Although the company’s business is in management consultancy as well as BPO, technology and BPO however it is the consulting aspect is the main sources of income for Accenture. This could be risky for the business over the long haul, since managing such a huge operation demands that the company be prepared for the worst financial days.
Accenture Opportunities – Accenture SWOT Analysis
1. Expansion of business: Through choosing projects that are small and mid-sized and expanding to other developing economics (Market Development), Accenture can increase its revenues even more.
2. Acquisitions: Accenture just acquired Gaspo” Analytics service provider that is based in Brazil. Accenture also acquired Agilex technologies it is a technology and IT service supplier that serves U.S Govt. agencies. Acquisitions like these can boost the strength of analytic analysis of Accenture which will aid in its growth.
3. Focusing on other areas of business: More focus on technology and BPO as well as making the equivalent of consulting revenue will allow the business to get into the market more effectively. Furthermore the diversification can help cushion the company during tough economic times.
Accenture Threats – Accenture SWOT Analysis
1. Competition: Tough competition from IT giants such as IBM Capgemini, Infosys is the main area of concern for the company.
2. Financial difficulties: During the recession period it was difficult for the business due to its dependence on premium customers. The largest clients were the first that were severely affected due to the downturn in the economy. The revenue stream towards Accenture decreased dramatically.
Accenture SWOT Analysis Overview Template
This is the SWOT report that Accenture has done. Please let us know if you have additional suggestions to add.
Let us know What do you think? Did you find the article interesting?
Write about your experiences and thoughts in the comments below.